• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

Varion

Aww yeah.

I never actually finished SotC because my PS2 broke, and Ico flew under my radar entirely, so I will be there day one for this to make up for my failings.

REALLY

OH MY GOD THIS IS SUCH

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SURPRISE I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED

I AM FALLING OVER DEAD HERE

WHY IS NO ONE ELSE FREAKING OUT

/shanekim

I'll be awfully curious to see what sort of trophies could possibly make it into Ico. I have to assume that you'd be able to earn a Platinum trophy in a single playthrough - the only really 'optional' thing in the game is the Mace.

I suppose you could have stuff like "beat the game by only killing enemies using the magic doors" or something like that.

StuBurns

Banned
badcrumble said:
I'll be awfully curious to see what sort of trophies could possibly make it into Ico. I have to assume that you'd be able to earn a Platinum trophy in a single playthrough - the only really 'optional' thing in the game is the Mace.

I suppose you could have stuff like "beat the game by only killing enemies using the magic doors" or something like that.
Presuming it's the euro version, probably one for seeing both endings, and playing the game with subtitles.

Mush

badcrumble said:

Considering the game is only 5 or so hours long, I wouldn't be surprised if there was stuff for speedruns, etc.

Also, watermelons. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
AgentOtaku said:
Yep, sorry it's true =(

That's not as bad as this:

Me *sees ICO's cover*: What the heck is this? Looks boring.
Me *sees someone playing SotC*: Boring. Riding the horse zzzz....

That was 5 years ago actually when my mind was clouded with purely JRPGs and horror games. Buying this collection day 1.

anddo0

badcrumble said:

Speed run trophy
Complete the game without Yorda being captured
Beat the final boss within a certain time limit

I think they can make it work.. I'm not expecting no more than 20-25 trophies for a game like ICO... Sotc should have a few more (boss attack, weapon unlocks etc..)

I'm really looking forward to playing these games. They passed me by the first go-round as I was far too invested in World of Warcraft back then. Man I missed out on so much because of that goddamn mmo. On the bright side, I killed Ragnaros, Onyxia, Nefarion et al about a million times :lol

Now a game that is, essentially, nothing but single player raid bosses sounds pretty damn sweet. Coupled with another classic? Day one.

That fucking sword never did drop for me from Nef.

soldat7

2mcajh2.gif

Dabanton

mr_nothin said:
Why would 2 old PS2 games make you buy a PS3?
I mean, you probably could have upgraded your PC a little bit (if needed) and could have been playing it on the PCSX2 emulator if you were that concerned about 'HD' .....

I dont get this mentality at all :/

I always cringe when i see people writing that crap. So they are only now going to get a system for two old games and then once they complete them then what?

As for the game cannot wait. To sweeten the deal even more Sony please put a Last Guardian demo on the disc.

anddo0

Keikoku said:
Did anybody seriously doubt that ? I sold my copies of ICO/SOTC because I knew this was coming.

Would never get rid of the originals.. too many memories. Why not just hang onto them?

Mush said:
It was never a case of if, more of a case of when.

true

Edeuinu

I'm interested to see how Ico will look, or how they can improve it. One of my fav games but looked like butt =P

anddo0 said:
Would be sweet if us Americans got the EU content. :D
Hmm, I'm not sure if that's a good thing - heard they took out things like eagle gliding in the PAL version and you couldn't make it into the garden on the first play through. (The situation was a bit like the updated Metroid Prime PAL removing the sequance breakable NTSC stuff.)

DryvBy

I never got into the PS2 during it's time (was actually a big Cube fan, lol) so this will be a completely new experience for me.

I hope Sony does something special with the box art. Just having pictures of the two game boxes for Ico and SotC would be butt-ugly, but that's what they've done with the God of War and Sly Cooper collections. :/

This is definitely a case where I'll probably print out a custom slip-cover if they fuck it up.

jorma

is now taking requests
Well we knew they were coming, but still exciting news. Never played them back in the day so double the awesome for me.

Horns

I just started playing SotC recently. It was one of the few PS2 games I really wanted, but never played. Now I think I may wait.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The best part about this news is that it finally makes Ico widely available again after such a long time in scarce supply.

Top Bottom