• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

The best part of this is that if it follows the God of War Collection formula, it might include a demo of Trico. Or at least that's what i hope.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Actually my "best part of this collection" would be the thought that they'd probably fix the control and framerate issues that made SOTC almost unplayable.

I wanted so badly to like that game. Hopefully this new collection fixes the issues.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I think this is true, but I just hope they upgrade Yorda's AI beyond "IQ score in the negative."

"Hey, those spirit things are about to get you!"

"...I love lamp."

"Are you just looking around the room and saying that?"

"...I love lamp."

"Hey Yorda, where did you get that hand grenade?"

"...I don't know."

Worst kept secret in gaming.

Fantastic, now how's about Metal Gear HD Collection (wink wink Capcom) and Devil May Cry Collection? (wink wink Konami!)

Lakitu

st5fu
Great news.

I know it's a long-shot, and I know it's not a Sony-published series but please... Konami. A Z.O.E. collection for me?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Awesome news. I never got around to playing 'ICO' and i'm glad i held it off, and i'm really looking forward to playing SotC again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Coldsnap said:
day one perch

hope on trophies

I'm 100% sure there will be trophies here.

GoW Collection:
November.2009 (US)
(April 2010 standalone for PAL )

GoW3 Release:
March 2010

-> The Last Guardian releases in July/August 2011, you heard it here first.
(actually that would be the logical release timeframe anyway)

Also, TRICO CE including all 3 games!

Yoboman

Gold Member
twinturbo2 said:
I think this is true, but I just hope they upgrade Yorda's AI beyond "IQ score in the negative."

"...I love lamp."

"...I love lamp."

"...I don't know."
She's supposed to be helpless

Fox1304

Nuclear Muffin said:
Worst kept secret in gaming.

Fantastic, now how's about Metal Gear HD Collection (wink wink Capcom) and Devil May Cry Collection? (wink wink Konami!)

Do you have a tendancy to swap things ? :D

feel

Looking forward to the actual official sony press release announcement thread. We've had too many of these rumor ones already.

Crisis

Banned
canova said:
what kind of games are these?

gasp.jpg

Corto

Ok, this "news" are not real news, just an "industry source" confirmation with the walmart "leaked" date and placeholder added to good measure. But what the heck! The pants are on my ankles already, what can a man do but to celebrate this? This TGS will be fun!

Gravijah said:

*Nudge Nudge*

Yoboman

Gold Member
Yoshichan said:
Saw the SD vs HD... am I crazy for liking the SD version more? That shit doesn't look like ICO to me.
No fog, some lighting effects missing. That emulator video doesn't represent much of what Ico will look like in HD

I believe Richard from Digital Foundry and an Eurogamer journalist interviewed Santa Monica about upscaling techniques used for GoW Collection and they mention teches for Team ICO HD remakes. It wasn't any official announcement but it was more than obvious that they knew/saw something.

I believe this is one of the reason why Eurogamer is so confident about this.

twinturbo2 said:

"...I love lamp."

"...I love lamp."

"...I don't know."
She wasn't that bad.

Yay!

I guess its okay now to admit now that I loved the poor performance in SOTC. I played it before my time as a gaffer in which you all "enlightened" me to things like framerate (was never a PC player)

I always loved it when that guy with the giant sword would swing it down and the screen would shake and the game's performance went to shit - it seemed cinematic in a way. I wonder if a smooth running SOTC will loose some of that magic

Also, make a guy pump out DLC colossi for the rest of his life and I will buy them all. I don't really care if its in the sprit of the original game or not to pump out DLC, I just want more things to climb

Top Bottom