• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

I have played SOTC but not ICO. I have the game but PS2 games look like ass on my hdtv. This will be THE reason to pick up the HD remake enjoy it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jamesearlcash said:
Some sort of Online co-op for sotc would be godly (ie the collossi have 2 weak spots)
I think the strength of the game is the loneliness you feel as you wander from Colossus to Colossus.

^ edit: oh... I thought I would not double dip as I own both and played them just two years ago on my PS3 (btw didn't really think the framerate was that offensive), but if they add the cut colossi, I'm there.

Gravijah said:
Dude, there won't be any co-op.

Yeah, but ICO already has a coop mode in the PAL version, it's one of the extras you unlock after you finish the game.

flyover

I've still got my SotC and Ico discs, but I'll definitely be double dipping when this collection comes out.

Lord Error said:
It boggles my mind that Sony hasn't added option to disable trophy notifications yet.
Yeah, it's dumb. I don't want to be playing The Last Guardian and, during some emotional scene with beautiful music, DING! Trophies are fine; mandatory notifications aren't.

That said, I'd bet Team Ico will be smart about the notifications in the same way that FF XIII and Heavy Rain dealt with them well (after cutscenes and gameplay sequences finished, not during).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SolidusDave said:
Yeah, but ICO already has a coop mode in the PAL version, it's one of the extras you unlock after you finish the game.
Oh shit, so like one person could be the horse and the other could like aim the arrows? Or maybe one person could move and the other person could grab and stab?

In Ico it kind of made sense.

Erasus

flyover said:
That said, I'd bet Team Ico will be smart about the notifications in the same way that FF XIII and Heavy Rain dealt with them well (after cutscenes and gameplay sequences finished, not during).

Yea, those 2 games are smart about that.

Stallion Free said:
Oh shit, so like one person could be the horse and the other could like aim the arrows? Or maybe one person could move and the other person could grab and stab?

In Ico it kind of made sense.

I was agreeing on that there won't (can't) be coop in SotC...
I was more questioning if they include coop in ICO HD (= using the content of the PAL version).

There could be no trophies.

Just uh..throwing that out.

Gravijah said:
And the moon could be made of cheese.

I look forward to hating SOTC when I discover there's a trophy for finding every fucking lizard + fruit in the game.

Cornbread78

Lord Error said:
It boggles my mind that Sony hasn't added option to disable trophy notifications yet. How hard could it be, they could have added it in this last anti jailbreak update if they wanted :\ Do I have to put black cardboard in that place on TV screen to make it happen?

It boggles my mind why this even bothers some people, it pops up for only two seconds, each time you earn a trophy, it's not like you earn trophies constantly during gameply. Sony probably has very few complaints on it, now a way to shrink the "Friend" status notifications that pop up is another story, we can argue together against Sony on the size and distracting nature of those.......

Man, I totally missed these two titles during the PS2 days, I was too busy playing jRPGs like crazy. Seems like I've missed some hidden gems with these two games, so I may have to check them out....

alr1ghtstart said:
:
Trophies (i wish)
Ico
You Win - Platinum

SOTC
You Win - Platinum

just fu(king once, I wish a dev would build trophies into games like this.... There is so much time consuming bull$hit you have to do to get platinum trophies these days..... I got one, I'm not waisting my time again.

I played Ico for about an hour and then ended up playing something else (not because I disliked it). I'll buy this to play through that and replay SotC which I played twice and loved.

badcrumble said:
They're required by Sony's own rules.

There are still some ways around it (or you are not allowed to use trophies), e.g. MostorStorm 3D or Uncharted Waters Online. I think (very) late localizations as well.

Though I would like to know the requirements for the platinum trophy. I know it's mostly based on the amount of content, but I don't think e.g. Worms Armageddon offers that much more than other PSN games?

KZObsessed

If this is £17.99 like the GOW collection then I could probably make profit selling my PS2 special edition versions on eBay while upgrading to the PS3 versions :lol

But I think i'll keep them <3

shawnlreed

charlequin said:
Changed the title to reflect the thing where this totally isn't anything remotely resembling confirmed yet

Thanks for that.
I'll be the first in line to dance and shout once this is officially announced, but the OP link is still just a rumor, and it seems like Team Ico rumors have a knack for being proven wrong.

Vexidus

I wonder how the trophies will work in ICO, as I can imagine trophy popping ruining the atmosphere. Maybe they'll all pop after the credits and not as you get them in the game world. I could see Sotc's trophies popping while you are teleporting back to the temple, or just after you arrive.

Will be interesting to see, bring it on Sony!

Eccocid

Vexidus said:
I wonder how the trophies will work in ICO, as I can imagine trophy popping ruining the atmosphere. Maybe they'll all pop after the credits and not as you get them in the game world. I could see Sotc's trophies popping while you are teleporting back to the temple, or just after you arrive.

Will be interesting to see, bring it on Sony!

Let Yorda slip from your hand at a cliff edge - Unlock Slippery Hands Trophy

Mdk7

SOTC's gonna be glorious in HD... kinda like a dream that comes true.
I just hope they fix the framerate! :p

shawnlreed

badcrumble said:

1) The first rumor about Trico involved riding a glider over a vast desert. There was a huge thread on GAF about it. It was total fabrication.
2) This is not the first time this compilation has been theorized about, and rumors about its annoucement were put out last year as well.

The moment Sony announces this themselves I'll be on cloud nine. Until then I remain skeptical.

Eccocid

Mdk7 said:
SOTC's gonna be glorious in HD... kinda like a dream that comes true.
I just hope they fix the framerate! :p

Frame rate didnt bug me too much in SoTC. When you climb on those huge colosi and when frame rate goes down it felt like a slowmotion effect right in the place lol

Turrican3

Mdk7 said:
SOTC's gonna be glorious in HD [...] I just hope they fix the framerate! :p
IIRC most of the slowdowns were due to graphics effects being done in software, or something like that.

This time there should be plenty of spare power, I'm not saying 60fps is a given but... hell, too late! :D

Interactive Fiction said:
1) The first rumor about Trico involved riding a glider over a vast desert. There was a huge thread on GAF about it. It was total fabrication.
2) This is not the first time this compilation has been theorized about, and rumors about its annoucement were put out last year as well.

The moment Sony announces this themselves I'll be on cloud nine. Until then I remain skeptical.
So one rumor that was disproven, and one much more widely reported rumor that has yet to pan out (and is quite likely to). That's 50/50, charitably speaking.

Also, the very first Trico rumor (loooong time ago, within a year of SotC's release iirc) was that it was about a boy/man accompanying a smaller-sized Colossus companion and that it'd be sort of a hybrid between Ico and SotC in that sense. That one actually looks like it was a legitimate read of how the basic game might have originally been conceived!

BumRush

HELP! I played SOTC (this year), liked but didn't love it (given the graphics were outdated and the slow-down was unreal), and finally gave up after 5 or 6 collosi. Is it worth a second look if the framerate / graphics are touched up? I recognized the beauty of the game's story but man was it awkward playing it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
BumRush said:
HELP! I played SOTC (this year), liked but didn't love it (given the graphics were outdated and the slow-down was unreal), and finally gave up after 5 or 6 collosi. Is it worth a second look if the framerate / graphics are touched up? I recognized the beauty of the game's story but man was it awkward playing it.

Its worth a second look in its current form. Hell I played it for the first time 2-3 weeks ago, and none of that phased me because the game was so phenomenal.

Though I was playing it in a PS2 with a CRT, dunno how bad it looks on ps3 bc/hdtv.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
flyover said:
The only way to be smart about them is to make them as obtuse as possible. Ironically, Pixel Junk Monsters was 'smart' this way about them. You really had to go out of your way playing the game to win even a single trophy in that game. Except for that game I wouldn't mind if it was easier :\ In any case, that's the approach I hope they take with Ico and SotC.

Cornbread78 said:
It boggles my mind why this even bothers some people, it pops up for only two seconds, each time you earn a trophy, it's not like you earn trophies constantly during gameply. Sony probably has very few complaints on it, now a way to shrink the "Friend" status notifications that pop up is another story, we can argue together against Sony on the size and distracting nature of those
X360 lets you do it. Someone, somewhere obviously thought it was worth implementing, and it's so stupidly easy to implement to begin with.

1968_olympics.jpg

BumRush

Zerokku said:
Though I was playing it in a PS2 with a CRT, dunno how bad it looks on ps3 bc/hdtv.

I played it on a PS2 on a 50" Plasma...the graphics were real hard to get past. The framerate didn't bother you?

badcrumble said:
Also, the very first Trico rumor (loooong time ago, within a year of SotC's release iirc) was that it was about a boy/man accompanying a smaller-sized Colossus companion and that it'd be sort of a hybrid between Ico and SotC in that sense. That one actually looks like it was a legitimate read of how the basic game might have originally been conceived!

This. I was about to reply that this was in fact the first rumor about the Ueda's 3rd game, and it came from a source that either had seen or knew the details of the video we all eventually see leaked before E3 2009. The rumor was posted here in early 2008, and I believe one of the admins said they deleted the details after being contacted about it.

fixuis

Glorious news! Another one of sony's gems that I somehow missed last gen. Remember playing a little bit of ico but thats it. It was awesome though, but I'll be all over this and specially in HD. Playing the god of war collection for the first time and that too in HD is an experience I'll never forget. This will be just as awesome. :D

StuBurns

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
This. I was about to reply that this was in fact the first rumor about the Ueda's 3rd game, and it came from a source that either had seen or knew the details of the video we all eventually see leaked before E3 2009. The rumor was posted here in early 2008, and I believe one of the admins said they deleted the details after being contacted about it.
Yeah, that trailer was shown behind closed doors at GDC'08.

StuBurns said:
That was Ueda's original vision, do you also dislike him?

But we got SotC. Going back now and saying what-if is kind of pointless. Making game co-op changes a lot about it and we have no idea how the game would have turned out.

I love the game we got and don't want to see co-op tacked on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
badcrumble said:
The finished vision was better than the original concept video.

will definitely buy this time around. I passed up on SOTC and ICO when it first came out since i didn't know what it was. Was on sale several time but still passed it up. BUT i managed to get SOTC for $20 new which isn't bad but it's hard to find ICO ;(. Hopefully SOTC and ICO are bundled together like GOW 1 and 2.

shawnlreed

badcrumble said:
So one rumor that was disproven, and one much more widely reported rumor that has yet to pan out (and is quite likely to). That's 50/50, charitably speaking.

Yeah, that companion rumor was totally spot on, and why I never ignore these rumor threads. Ico and SOTC are my favorte games of all time. I would wear my PS3 out playing HD releases of them. I'll be up early this Thursday like much of GAF seeing what gets disclosed at TGS.

Zerokku said:

Would be cool if someone can take a few direct source shots, I had only a camera back then so I guess you could ignore the following picture anyway :lol :
zlvlo2.jpg

SotC was actually nice on the PS3 in 1080p, ICO looked kinda bad, I think it's the filters&the very low native resolution.

Top Bottom