• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

If SOTC had co-op everyone would be fighting over the horse. =(
Dueling Agro yells would be funny though.

Oh and imagine splitscreen + the framerate....actually best not to.

I'll be pleased when they announce the game at TGS because I can't take another fucking rumour. I've lost count how many rumours there have been for this now.

bridegur

jett said:
BTW, here are some examples of what "SOTC HD" might look like running in HD and with a stable framerate, recorded off a PS2 emulator:

3rd Colossus battle - The Giant

5th Colossus battle - The Eagle

12th Colossus battle - The water turtle thing: anyone who's played the game knows that the framerate here is complete garbage on the PS2. It looks so different when it actually runs well. :p

Amazing. The animation of that bird still blows me away.

xemumanic

All these games that you see getting HD ports on PS3 are just that, ports. They can't emulate the PS2's GS because the RSX can't match the fillrate, but luckily they have the source code and assets. So they can update the textures, maybe even use higher res versions if they had them, and make a version that's (potentially) better than the original.

Just imagine SoC with a proper framerate. You don't even have to imagine, just emulate it. :D

xemumanic said:
All these games that you see getting HD ports on PS3 are just that, ports. They can't emulate the PS2's GS because the RSX can't match the fillrate, but luckily they have the source code and assets. So they can update the textures, maybe even use higher res versions if they had them, and make a version that's (potentially) better than the original.

Just imagine SoC with a proper framerate.
SotC could probably get its LoD system tweaked so that there's no more pop-in of higher-resolution assets as you ride through the countryside because it'd just always use the high-resolution version for everything.

xemumanic

badcrumble said:
SotC could probably get its LoD system tweaked so that there's no more pop-in of higher-resolution assets as you ride through the countryside because it'd just always use the high-resolution version for everything.

Exactly.

Look at God of War Collection. I guess they didn't have better textures to work with, nor could they re-render the CG (that's too costly), but the games played exactly like the originals, but looked better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DLbfC.jpg

This part and the intro scene from MGS MGS3 (spread your wings and fly, worlds first halo jump) are the only two times I've actually felt wind coming against me. Wind physics, rare as fuck.

H_Prestige said:
So 1-2 HD collections per year at the rate Sony is moving. That's depressing.

To be fair to them, they do already have a large line up of games for next year.

3rd party HD classics might be more regular.

Empty

Jason's Ultimatum said:
What I really want are the collosi that never made it into the game. I'd pay $100 for that.

i kinda want that as an incentive for someone like me who already owns the games (eu versions, too), but i only trust ueda and his team to bring them back in properly and i'd rather they focused on making the last guardian so it can rule my world sooner rather than later.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jason's Ultimatum said:
What I really want are the collosi that never made it into the game. I'd pay $100 for that.
I spent literally 40 hours looking for him. I was without Internet that week.

sigh... depresses me even today.

Yoshichan said:
I spent literally 40 hours looking for him. I was without Internet that week.

sigh... depresses me even today.

Actually, it would be pretty cool if there was no guidance to finding the left out collosi. Just explore the entire game looking for them.

Majmun

jett said:
BTW, here are some examples of what "SOTC HD" might look like running in HD and with a stable framerate, recorded off a PS2 emulator:

3rd Colossus battle - The Giant

5th Colossus battle - The Eagle

12th Colossus battle - The water turtle thing: anyone who's played the game knows that the framerate here is complete garbage on the PS2. It looks so different when it actually runs well. :p

Good gaawwd. Thanks for posting that.

SotC soundtrack is so amazing. Almost forgot that.

KAL2006

Banned
I don't really care for this game as I have already played Shadow of Colosus (don't usually like to replay games) and don't really care for ICO. However the Sly Collection, I will definitely check out as I have never played the series before. I would really love a Kingdom Hearts Collection, Tales of Collection and Silent Hill Collection, as those games interest me but I have never played the games.

Galvanise_ said:
To be fair to them, they do already have a large line up of games for next year.

3rd party HD classics might be more regular.

Has any third party expressed interest yet?

Even after announcing plans, it will take them years to actually get a product out.

androvsky

H_Prestige said:
Has any third party expressed interest yet?

Even after announcing plans, it will take them years to actually get a product out.

A few expressed interest back when the God of War collection was announced, mainly from Japanese publishers. Assuming Sony put together a decent SDK assist in porting, most games shouldn't take more than six months to port. Something with a lot of CG movies like a Final Fantasy might take longer, assuming they do it properly and re-render the video in HD (which none of them will do, sadly).

androvsky said:
A few expressed interest back when the God of War collection was announced, mainly from Japanese publishers. Assuming Sony put together a decent SDK assist in porting, most games shouldn't take more than six months to port. Something with a lot of CG movies like a Final Fantasy might take longer, assuming they do it properly and re-render the video in HD (which none of them will do, sadly).

This was actually the funniest part of GOW collection, they didn't up res the in game cut scenes leading to hilariously bad looking in game cuts. I did at least do a good job of showing you just have bad the game used to look by comparison.

bridegur

If it has trophy notifications that can't be turned off, I honestly may not buy it. They're distracting enough in games without atmosphere.

I would be more interested if this was a reimagining instead of just a straight up port. Maybe make it into an FPS or make it a Mikami/Suda51/Kamiya colaboration.

Yoshichan

Heavy Rain did the whole trophy thing really well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yoshichan said:
Heavy Rain did the whole trophy thing really well.
It wasn't bad, but the problem is that neither Ico or SotC really have any moments of pure load screen time. Well, SotC has those white flashes but even they are more like a transition.

mileS

rhino4evr said:
Walmart has it available for pre-order right now for $40. For that price it better include a demo of Last Guardian

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to get that demo but come on.. $40 for two of the greatest games of all time really isn't asking that much.

Zoe

And to think, if Sony never listened to people's requests, there wouldn't be a distracting "ding!" every time you get a trophy...

OldJadedGamer said:
That violates a TRC and would instantly not be allowed. Sorry buddy, trophies are a given... and actually will be used as a selling point by them for this title.
Ill happily get all the SotC trophies. Did the GoW hd versions share total trophies or did they have seperate 100%?

Top Bottom