• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Team ICO Collection (ICO and SotC HD ports) Coming March/April 2011

Moobabe

Plinko said:
Actually my "best part of this collection" would be the thought that they'd probably fix the control and framerate issues that made SOTC almost unplayable.

I wanted so badly to like that game. Hopefully this new collection fixes the issues.

Yeah.... unplayable....

agaru

Gomu Gomu said:
Eh. I thought it was finally official.

Eurogamer is LTTP as always.
The previous rumor was about the US release. This rumor talks about the EU release and price, so I wouldn't say they're LTTP here. But yeah, nothing is officially confirmed.

rhino4evr

I sold my ps2 games when I bought my ps3 (non backwards compatible) I will buy these again..especially if they are in HD and have a better frame rate.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Getting this for SOTC fuck ICO!

Also these packages are shit, I'd rather have full blown PS2 emulation on PS3.
Then maybe Manhunt would actually work in my bc 80 gig.
I still play some PS2 games on my PS3.

God Hand
SF Collection
MegaMan Collection
for example.

Merovin

Empty said:
delicious price. won't be able to resist at that, even though i own both games on ps2. hope they come out at the same time in europe and the us unlike with the god of war collection.

Don't remind me of the wait we had for that! I don't think I can go through that again! :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I had to pick between 1080p30 or 720p60, I would go 1080p30 in a heartbeat.

Day 1 no matter what though, I was too late for Ico, but Shadow is easily in my top 10 favorite games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh... not day one. But if it's $30-40 like when I got the GoW1/2 collection, I'll buy it.

Never played ICO or SotC, and with the PS2 versions being hard to find to play on my BC PS3, I guess this'll have to do.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gravijah said:
What the hell framerate was SoTC running at anyway?

2 FPS? :lol

Majmun

Don't own Ico and SotC anymore. Haven't played those games in quite some time now.
I'll be getting this to replay the awesomeness, in HD.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Gravijah said:
What the hell framerate was SoTC running at anyway?
15-60FPS, mostly at 20-25 when on horse, and mostly 25-30 when you were fighting colossi.

alr1ghtstart said:
Trophies (i wish)
Ico
You Win - Platinum

SOTC
You Win - Platinum
It boggles my mind that Sony hasn't added option to disable trophy notifications yet. How hard could it be, they could have added it in this last anti jailbreak update if they wanted :\ Do I have to put black cardboard in that place on TV screen to make it happen?

Gravijah

Lord Error said:
15-60FPS, mostly at 20-25 when on horse, and mostly 25-30 when you were fighting colossi.

It boggles my mind that Sony hasn't added option to disable trophy notifications yet. How hard could it be, they could have added it in this last anti jailbreak update if they wanted :\ Do I have to put black cardboard in that place on TV screen to make it happen?

You could always just ignore them.

alr1ghtstart said:
Trophies (i wish)
Ico
You Win - Platinum

SOTC
You Win - Platinum

Especially SotC would be suitable for trophies because of all the optional stuff (shooting lizard, collect a white lizard tail, grab an eagle etc.) and the postgame stuff (get all the equipment etc.) that many people didn't even realize it was there.
They could also just make all of them secret and let them pop up only at save points or between "chapters".

btw I wonder if ICO has online-coop :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Requeim said:
i'm pretty sure it is already in there somwhere
Nope. You can disable all other notifications, but trophy ones still show up. I don't normally mind, but for these games it will be just dumb to see them pop up. I really hope they make them as obtuse as possible, like catch 100 lizards in SotC, scare away 100 birds in Ico, etc. Something that you could never get during normal gameplay.

KevinCow said:
God damn it all.
Ico does feel much better at 50FPS than it does at 60FPS, in my opinion anyways. I think I'd rather even play it at locked 30FPS too. If there's one game that's supposed to look cinematic, this is it, and the gameplay will not be hurt by any conceivable means, so why not?

Changed the title to reflect the thing where this totally isn't anything remotely resembling confirmed yet, although I certainly would be surprised if this rumor doesn't pan out.

I kind of hate Ico myself, but moreso than any of the other collections this one'll really be worthwhile just to have SotC running at a steady framerate.

Top Bottom