• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Pokemon X/Y Leaks. Possible Spoiler Warning!

Avixph

So what are the chances that mom and pop shops will break street date in order to prove or disprove these rumors and leaks?

DigitalOp

Banned
So what are the chances that mom and pop shops will break street date in order to prove or disprove these rumors and leaks?

I don't know about mom and pop trying to dispel rumors.... but to make some sales... yeah.. maybe...

But it begs the question... What "Mom & Pop" stores you know that sell videogames? I need to get this midnight... Its my BDay, My job has paid for my copy.... The stars are aligned.... THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I've never really had a problem getting a pokemon game early around me. Small stores never seem to care about street dates for them. I don't know about a week early, but I was able to get B1 and W2 each about 3 days early no problem.

I've never tried to get other Nintendo games that early, I wonder if it's something to do with it being Nintendo and smaller stores not paying that much attention.

You're too blurry.

I'm sorry.
Tell #TeamChespin...

...that they have bad taste...

...for me...

terminator-thumbs-up-1sy1a.gif

DigitalOp

Banned
I've never really had a problem getting a pokemon game early around me. Small stores never seem to care about street dates for them. I don't know about a week early, but I was able to get B1 and W2 each about 3 days early no problem.

I've never tried to get other Nintendo games that early, I wonder if it's something to do with it being Nintendo and smaller stores not paying that much attention.

What small stores did you go to?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I'm kind of thinking it might be more likely a copy of a player's guide will find its way into someone's hands.

Watch Da Birdie

There's only one leak I want to know is true, and that's the one about a "cute ice wolf".

Probably fake.

You see, awhile back, 14 names were found trademarked on the Japanese Trademark database that were believed to be registered by GameFreak:

Dianshii
Hariboogu
Gekogashira
Borukenion
Dedenne
Horubii
Nyaonikusu
Burigaron
Jigarude
Mafokushii
Fuupa
Gekkouga
Torimian
Teerunaa

Most of these have been confirmed as real Pokemon...Hariboogu is Quilladin, Gekogashira is Frogadier, Dedenne, is, well, Dedenne, Horubii is Bunnelby, Nyaonikusu is Meowstic, Torimian is Furfrou, and Teerunaa is Braixen.

Thanks to PokeJungle doing quick translations of the names, he claimed Burigaron was "blizzard + garo (wolf)", so there's been people putting Ice Wolf Pokemon in their Fake PokeDex leaks.

I'm pretty sure that Burigaron is actually Chespin 3, and is a combination of "burr" (a chestnut burr), "igaguri", which means the same thing more or less (like how Onix's Japanese name Iwark combines the japanese word for rock, iwa, with "rock), and marron. Along that, Mafokushii (mahou + foxy I believe) is probably Fennekin 3, and Gekkouga may be Froakie 3.

No clue about Jigarude, Borukenion, Dianshii, or Fuupa though, it's hard to derive a meaning without a Pokemon to associate it with. I wondered if perhaps the rumored Hawluch or Binacle might fit one of these names, but my Japanese isn't that good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't even think the games are in stock!

I think they'll be out in the wild (or in store storage) a week before the release though.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Just an observation guys, but I have a feeling Greninja might be real.
Notice how his head is quite angular? It reminds me of origami, which would fit with his supposedly Japanese centric design. Well, Frogadier's hands are also really flat, and look paper thin. It's not a well known observation, and I think a faker would have really had to analyse Frogadier's design aspects to come up with the whole origami aesthetic. I guess we'll see soon enough, but the tounge scarf and the origami design seem a little too creative for a faker if you ask me.

Dr. Buni

I think it might be real because Greninja's design is imaginative and unique.

Fakes aren't like that. Fakes usually are angrier and bulkier versions of the middle stage's design.

Watch Da Birdie

The dude who did Darkrai and other Pokemon even said Froakie 3 was a really cool design, so I find it interesting how Greninja has a similar aesthetic to Darkrai in being pretty angular.

Dr. Buni

That's literally what several of the weaker starters are though.
Only the Gen 2 starters are like that and even they have some major differences from their middle forms, except for Typhlosion who is only a bigger Quilava with two flames on its back instead of one.

Tusk

There's only one leak I want to know is true, and that's the one about a "cute ice wolf".

░░░░░░░▐█▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀█▌
░░░░░░░█▐▓░█▄░░░░░░░▄█▀▄▓▐█
░░░░░░░█▐▓▓░████▄▄▄█▀▄▓▓▓▌█
░░░░░▄█▌▀▄▓▓▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▌█
░░░▄█▀▀▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▌█
░░█▀▄▓▓▓███▓▓▓███▓▓▓▄░░▄▓▐█▌
░█▌▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▀▓▓▐█
▐█▐██▐░▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▄░▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌█▌
█▌███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▐░░▄▓▓███▓▓▓▄▀▐█
█▐█▓▀░░▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓▐█
▌▓▄▌▀░▀░▐▀█▄▓▓██████████▓▓▓▌█▌

I agree.

Dawg

I agree.

░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀

SeZMehK

I agree.
I see a shiba inu. o_O
The ice wolf is a must for my team. :D

I agree.
Wow
Such ice
Much wolf

So poké

Tusk

░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀

Oh man. That one's so much better.

I think it might be real because Greninja's design is imaginative and unique.

I find much more reason to call it fake than real personally.

If it's fake someone put a good bit of thought into it ... deciding to lower the PP of the psychic move for some reason and giving him zero fighting type moves would surely throw people off cause that seems both strange and noobish. Same with the design, "cool looking" but different and follows the ninja look ... to some level.

But, on the other side, the image is blurry as hell/ dark/ there's only one even though it's a 3D model that animates (meaning you could easily get 2 pics in different poses) and it's the same-ol-same-ol tried and true faker battle stance or the same grassy field or the SAME Pokeball screen.

So I pretty much count anything as fake until I see clear pics with more than one pose or any attempt to make it seem more legit (like using the pet feature. Shows the Pokemon in different moods and different angles clearly and you can make them change through them. THAT would show that someone's trying to leak something. I'm sure the Dex will have a feature like that to so that could do)

How is it that the Greninja picture leaked several days ago yet we still don't have confirmation one way or another yet??

I want to play some Black 2 to pass the time, but man, it already feels dated after watching so many videos for X/Y. I'm having a hard time getting into it

Watch Da Birdie

Do they usually put display copies in plastic boxes?

Z9yRm5Bl.jpg

kn4rQNHl.jpg

fx2qQ14.jpg

Apparently, yet again, this is from Italy.

At least in Switzerland plastic boxes are only used in bigger chain retailers, not Mom&Pop shops. I think it should be the same for Italy.

Top Bottom