• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Mass Effect 3 Kinect-compatible? [BioWare At Microsoft E3 Rehearsal]

GeoramA

Afrikan said:
I wonder if Microsoft would start money hatting for Motion Control exclusives for multiplat games....I wouldn't put it past them.
Like SixAxis controls. Remember them in GTA IV?

Ah...gimmicks.

Acheteedo

I'm very curious to see what this is. Kinect biotics could be fun (though completely impractical on higher difficulties).

Not saying this won't happen, but I'll keep my expectations low. L4D2 PS3 was also up on EA's site before release and we all know how that turned out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck, will they never learn with the Box Art or what? How hard is it to put a picture of the Normandy doing a barrel roll on the cover?

TheOddOne

DennisK4 said:
I don't see how that would work.
Floating hands...

wearmeme-forever-alone-black.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This thread reminded me how much I want Tali in my hands... I really, really do.

BeeDog

I wouldn't be surprised if MS' E3 conference will consist of tons of announcements that Kinect will be supported by upcoming 3rd party games.

Afrikan said:
I wonder if Microsoft would start money hatting for Motion Control exclusives for multiplat games....I wouldn't put it past them. Especially if the other console motion option might be implemented better.

My guess is that this is almost certainly going to be what happens. I'd actually prefer that to there being exclusive content in a multiplatform title.

scarybore

I can only hope it's nothing substantial, I'm in no rush to buy a Kinect and it would suck for the other platform owners if they missed out on any content.

Dabanton said:
I just want a

"Wrex"

"Shephard"

back and forth conversation using the mic on the Kinect.

That would be an excellent easter egg, make it happen Bioware!

Since it only says "BETTER WITH KINECT", I'm not assuming it's anything gameplay-related. Maybe something like being able to scan your face and importing it straight into the game. Ugly Shepard rises.

mujun

Afrikan said:
I wonder if Microsoft would start money hatting for Motion Control exclusives for multiplat games....I wouldn't put it past them. Especially if the other console motion option might be implemented better.

Yeah, those money hungry soulless bastards!

A cool company that cares about me would procure (not money hat) great extras like a playable Joker or Kratos!

Doodis

This has reminded me about an idea I had - wouldn't the Kinect be great for facial mapping? I know Rainbow Six did it years ago, with lackluster results, but wouldn't Kinect be much better at importing your face into the game for your Shepard? Seems like it would. Even if it's not a perfect representation, it could read your face and then give you the closest custom settings in the game, right?

EDIT: Ugh, beaten. I was totally thinking of this first, dammit!

Blue Ninja said:
Since it only says "BETTER WITH KINECT", I'm not assuming it's anything gameplay-related. Maybe something like being able to scan your face and importing it straight into the game. Ugly Shepard rises.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blue Ninja said:
I think this is the most likely. EA FACE

Doffen

Blue Ninja said:
It’s more likely a feature that’s just cooler with Kinect, but still possible with a controller.

Ploid 3.0

Wave hand Jedi mind control.

Push hand biotic force motion.

Push arms outwards magneto style shield AOE blast.

Pull arm forward to Biotic Pull.

Raise, then drop hand to do that biotic thingy where you raise then smash the person to the ground.

Kinect Baby!

Blue Ninja said:
Every game that uses Kinect but doesn't require it says "Better With Kinect". It's the official boxart banner for games that can also use a controller. It means nothing with regards to the lengths at which Kinect is supported.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ShockingAlberto said:
I hope it's true because I am going to play it on PC regardless and the reaction would be priceless.
Yes and no maybe. The PC part is for me but there's nothing compelling about Kinect.

lockload

Blue Ninja said:

No read what bioware have said about kinect

Don

This is just a small thing and most people probably don't care, but I really hate how they always put Default Male Shepard on the cover for all the Mass Effect games.

That character on the cover doesn't exist in my Mass Effect so why is he on the cover?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don said:
This is just a small thing and most people probably don't care, but I really hate how they always put Default Male Shepard on the cover for all the Mass Effect games.
He's the dude that represents Mass Effect. It's an advertisement tool, they confirmed that in an interview.

Don said:

That character on the cover doesn't exist in my Mass Effect so why is he on the cover?
Because the vast majority use male Shepard and like it or not he is the face of the franchise.

Top Bottom