• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Modern Warfare Remastered includes campaign & 10 multiplayer maps

Here's hoping they balance the game. I hope they fix the spawn grenades, spawn camping, and other tidbits. Small tweaks will make this even better game in the series.
Don't mess with spawns please, COD4 was the last COD with decent spawns.
They got worse with ever game since W@W.

Bog and Shipment were the only times I ever spawned in an enemy's view.

I'm not one to mindlessly shit on remasters like a lot of people, and I've bought my share. Even just "upres" remasters

But to sell a remaster with missing content is just fucked

I don't care if it was DLC

You've already made your money once, stop being lazy and include everything

I won't support something like this

All maps or none

Once people have to deal will all the bullshit in the MP they will run to the current game. Lol

OR a small fraction will dig in their heels and ignore how shitty and broken the MP was in these older games.

Now if they actually fix these games, well, we'll see how much people actually want classic CoD once and for all.

No they were also awful, I got spawned into grenades, killstreaks, the enemy team numerous times. COD has never had good spawns and that includes COD4. At this point though since it's just a remaster I doubt they would be fixed.

No they were also awful, I got spawned into grenades, killstreaks, the enemy team numerous times. COD has never had good spawns and that includes COD4. At this point though since it's just a remaster I doubt they would be fixed.

I'd rather have that than spawning 2 feet in front of an enemy with my back to them, or multiple times spawning in someone's reticle.

Archpath1

My list for remasters

Ambush

Backlot

Bog

Crash

Crossfire

District

Downpour

Overgrown

Strike

Vacant

I can play these all day
and night

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I was in Iraq when I heard Call of Duty 4 was going modern, one of my squadmates had a Game Informer mailed to him and told me about it. We got back two weeks before it came out, leaving me a lot of free time to get really drunk and play the multiplayer all night.

You've been places man...at that time i was just getting out of highschool and going into college the following year....still feels just as far away

etta

my hard graphic balls
Gotta get Xbox One for this and Halo 5. You'll love Halo 5.
giphy.gif

Dats Fahz you recommending Halo 5 to?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is box art of the remaster, indicative that this may be a standalone physical or digital?

Or the only way to get it, is by buying the new CoD as well?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is box art of the remaster, indicative that this may be a standalone physical or digital?

Or the only way to get it, is by buying the new CoD as well?
Note that the image shows the cover only; it's not a fully rendered box like Infinite Warfare right next to it. So that probably means it's not a standalone physical release. BUT maybe it'll be available by itself as a download later...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Note that the image shows the cover only; it's not a fully rendered box like Infinite Warfare right next to it. So that probably means it's not a standalone physical release. BUT maybe it'll be available by itself as a download later...

Good catch. Hopefully, otherwise I will be purchasing a new CoD since well, Modern Warfare, lol. It come full circle those crafty devils.

Spawns were great you could control them as long as you didn't cross the invisible lines that would force them to the other side

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I bet this will have a Season Pass lol, hence the missing maps.

Moa

PbikWbU.png

Nuk3town offline?

I guess this links to that new ship that showed up on Black Ops 3's Nuk3town?

I'm not one to mindlessly shit on remasters like a lot of people, and I've bought my share. Even just "upres" remasters

But to sell a remaster with missing content is just fucked

I don't care if it was DLC

You've already made your money once, stop being lazy and include everything

I won't support something like this

All maps or none
Until we get the reveal we don't know all the details of this.

Don't forget they're seemingly making a full new game and then this on top.

It isn't like they're skipping a COD this year and instead doing a half-assed job of a MW1 remaster. They're giving you far greater COD content than ever before, should you be willing to pay for it.

Hardly lazy.

drotahorror

I rather sit through a Hour of "no games found" and "need 3 more players" in AW then play hour of Combine with idiots running around with flamethrowers and 10 sec delay kills "killed while entering a building but it only registers after you've gone in ran up stairs."
The Game is a mess, the last BLOPS I got was terrible too, never again Treyarch!
Pretty high bar lol its the worst one I've played.
I give them credit for content though. and the SP is better then BLOPSII

On my end, BO3 has had the best connection/netcode/hit detection since BO2. Ghosts was close or maybe even the same. AW was shit for the first 3 months not sure if they ever fixed it. I'd rather play only Combine than play any map in AW. I've never heard of a 10sec delay of dying in BO3. 17ms or 34ms in nearly every match that I play.

But hey, I don't even play BO3 anymore. Fuck that game too. If MW1 and MW2 are getting remastered count me in, but if it's just some garbo cut down MW1 version and I have to buy the next IW game then nope.

On my end, BO3 has had the best connection/netcode/hit detection since BO2. Ghosts was close or maybe even the same. AW was shit for the first 3 months not sure if they ever fixed it. I'd rather play only Combine than play any map in AW. I've never heard of a 10sec delay of dying in BO3. 17ms or 34ms in nearly every match that I play.

BO3 just spikes everywhere... it never stays constant. My ping can go from 30 to 100 in every match. Thats just awful.
And yesterday was really worse. It was a hitmarker galore.

Top Bottom