• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Persona Q 2 could be on the way

I think what hurt the characterization in Q was the whole 'This totally happened mid game! For real!' concept. It basically meant no one could really get any real development and could only showcase their traits.
I did like how they handled P3 group's dynamic in the P3 route, with them comparing how the SEES feels like coworkers while the IT truly are close friends, and then having Yukari and the others actually talking to their senpai about they feel thanks to the P4 gang's support.
Still haven't played the original.
Do it!

Keinning

I did like how they handled P3 group's dynamic in the P3 route, with them comparing how the SEES feels like coworkers while the IT truly are close friends, and then having Yukari and the others actually talking to their senpai about they feel thanks to the P4 gang's support.

too bad it all fell flat after the #9485 PROTEIN or EXECUTION!! joke

LordKano

Radiant Historia PC -> Etrian MD 2 -> SMT Deep Strange Journey -> Persona Q2

Atlus has a good upcoming lineup (RHPC is out in Japan I think).

Just remove: Teddie, Yoskue, Yukari, Ken
giphy.gif

I'm all in for this! Love crossovers and PQ was a fine game.

Hugstable

Banned
Awesome, would love another PQ with P5 characters. If it does happen, I'm pretty positive it's gonna be 3DS

I can't stand to play on 3DS anymore. Hope it can be on switch too.

Considering how both this and EO rely alot on drawing your own maps, I don't think it'd be going to Switch

Boogiepop

Aw yeah, very much down for this, as I loved the first one (I'm an Etrian fan, several times more than a Persona fan, so playing for the gameplay (and style in that one) is definetly not a foreign concept to me, and it had some damn fine dungeons). Was actually thinking just the other day that I'd love to see 5 parlayed into another one of these. Although yeah, hadn't considered that the cast would probably get too big, so they'll presumably cut the cast of 3... which is a shame, as I liked that one a good bit more than 4, much as I realize that's an unpopular opinion.

Also, yeah, this'll totally be 3ds, but on the longshot Switch possibility... it'd actually be an interesting way to test the waters on EO's necessary inevitable transition onto a one screen system. You know, mess with stuff outside of the main series where it'd probably be more "acceptable" to take the necessary risks. (Mostly though I just want confirmation that they've figured this out and EO isn't screwed by Nintendo having dropped the dual screens).

Keinning

I had to stop playing With because of the putrid writing.

Haha meat
Haha protein and training
Haha puns
Haha food
Etc

dont tell me you're not hyped for

P5: hello i'm P5 protagonist and these are my friends
Ryuji: HAHA WERE THE PHANTOM THIEVES OOPS MY BAD
Morgana: MEOW TREASURE MEOW
Ann: W-what happened to my outfit geez!
Makoto: This is not proper school conduct code Ryuji
Yusuke: Art! I'm weird!
Futaba: INTERNET OMG don't look at me *hides*
Haru: haha you guys are so funny *smiles* here take a vegetable

They will ignore Hamuko/FeMC again and I will ignore the game again.

guess p3p will be the only persona game you'll play in your life then

timberger

First game wasn't up to much, but I love Persona enough to give this a chance.

Having to sift through the salt when it's announced for 3DS and not Switch is going to make any threads on it tough going though.

too bad it all fell flat after the #9485 PROTEIN or EXECUTION!! joke
I don't remember that many EXECUTION jokes from Mitsuru during the game, unlike her game trailer that mentioned it frequently

I'd rather have Morgana be a "GO TO SLEEP!!" meme that everybody in-game hates

PK Gaming

They better make Joker as over the top and hammy as possible.

Sitris

Other than that i agree, Golden is the one to blame for everything, burn Golden to the ground
What... No! Golden is the only reason I even bought and loved Arena and Q. It also resulted in me buying P3 and P2 (I guess P5 as well!)

What is the issue with golden? I was under the impressing that people who like the current formula of persona games loved golden?

RDreamer

I'll wait and see. I liked Persona Q enough but holy fucking shit it was too long for what it was. I never quite finished it but I'm pretty sure I was like 60-70 hours in. The game would be a perfect 30-40 hour thing.

What... No! Golden is the only reason I even bought and loved Arena and Q. It also resulted in me buying P3 and P2 (I guess P5 as well!)

What is the issue with golden? I was under the impressing that people who like the current formula of persona games loved golden?

Yeah, I think Golden introduced a lot of new people to the series (same for P5), which is only good. I don't see what's wrong with a game that allows the series to grow and let more people have fun with it (not taking its content in regard ofc).

I'm not really familiar with the persona series, P5 is the first one I played all the way through - what does a P5 2 mean? Like its... an enhanced version of the same game? New story with same chars?

I played through three quarters of the first one until I got stuck in a dungeon and gave up but I really liked the Etrian dungeon concept mixed with Persona characters so I would definitely play this if it came to Switch.

Lunar15

I would rather have Persona 5 Golden/Crimson.

In a time where atlus has created:

SMTIV: Apocalypse
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Etrian Odyssey I & II Untold
SMT: Strange Journey Redux
Persona 3 FES & Portable
Persona 4 Golden

I can't see them not doing an eventual remake/addition to their highest selling game of all time. I think it's a bit early for that announcement, but perhaps next year.

Keinning

What is the issue with golden?

The additions to the story ranged from meh to bad to worst thing ever (marie)

The story was fine as it was on P4, they didn't need to shoehorn marie on it and add more cringy fanservice events. but people like them enough so what do i know

gameplay wise it made the game a whole lot easier, but i'm not really concerned about this point

Lunar15

The additions to the story ranged from meh to bad to worst thing ever (marie)

The story was fine as it was on P4, they didn't need to shoehorn marie on it and add more cringy fanservice events. but people like them enough so what do i know

gameplay wise it made the game a whole lot easier, but i'm not really concerned about this point

Yeah, i'm not really interested in a P5 remake/addition. Gameplay-wise, the game's basically perfect. They're not going to fix anyone's problems with the story, they'll just add a fanservicey character and some more fanservice scenes and none of it will be written by the original writers.

SoulUnison

Banned
I love Persona, but Q lost me around the third dungeon - twice. I genuinely gave it two chances for me to fall into it, and I even love meticulously drawing my own maps, but it just never clicked.

The characters are walking catchphrases stuck at the beginning of their arcs and the whole game suffers under the weight of being one of those "what if" side stories that just HAS to end with "we'll never remember these original characters or that any of this happened, but the adventure will live on in our hearts!"

Bleh.

UCBooties

I feel like this makes EO3U more likely, it signals that Atlus may not be done with the 3DS any time soon.

I thought we weren't getting EO3U because EO2U didn't sell. I really hope they make it.

On topic: I would be very down for some more Persona Q.

Top Bottom