• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Leaked off-screen screenshot

The forum wars have begun

9jDGMr.gif

Van Bur3n

EDIT: Ninja'd like a bitch. But it's my own screenshot, so...

Here is the similar view from Armadillo in RDR. Even the nice doorway for the shot. Again, not exact, but there are similarities. Doubt it really is it though. Probably just some new town similar to its look because you can't have a good western without it.

cYOSde3.jpg

Pejo

Oh man I really can't wait for this game. RDR was one of the only open world games that I actually finished all of the stuff in, just because I loved the world so much. Hope this is real, graphics look good, though he seems kinda stretched vertically.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So not Armadillo then.

I mean it still could be Armadillo, there are definitely some similarities, but let's also not forget it's rumored RDR2 will be a prequel to RDR1.

It's definitely not from RDR2. Though there has been a ton of effort put into trying to pass it off as an in-game shot.

Where's your evidence it's a fake???? Huh? Huh???
Where's the evidence boi? Hmmmm where is it????? That little comment about trying to pass it off as a ton of effort? What effort? Whose effort??? Rockstar? There shit leaks every game man! Now wheres your proof???

I don't see it anywhere!

;)

Raven77

2i0FNFq.jpg

C_enF8jXYAEbzfc.jpg

EDIT: I take all the credit for this.

Actually it´s form CesarBraindead on the GTAforums.

As far as if this is Armadillo, this means nothing at all. Church is in a similar position but that is it. Unless mountains sprung up out of the ground. Most western towns are sort of a lane with buildings across from one another like this.

Could confirm its Red Dead though but again, many wild west towns feature the things in those screens.

RoKKeR

Here is the similar view from Armadillo in RDR. Even the nice doorway for the shot. Again, not exact, but there are similarities. Doubt it really is it though. Probably just some new town similar to its look because you can't have a good western without it.

cYOSde3.jpg

Oh shit.

Simo

As far as if this is Armadillo, this means nothing at all. Church is in a similar position but that is it. Unless mountains sprung up out of the ground. Most western towns are sort of a lane with buildings across from one another like this.

Could confirm its Red Dead though.

That wasn't a church in RDR even but the picture house or movie theater. The buildings, layout and just about everything else are all different. The only similarity is the main road and the split but well, you see that in just about every Western movie/tv town. Lol

Sn4ke_911

Could confirm its Red Dead though but again, many wild west towns feature the things in those screens.

About the mountains, people complained about RDR1 being too barren so it would make sense they wanted to change that for RDR2, to take that into criticism and add a few more buildings, mountains etc. so i wouldn't 1:1 compare RDR1 and that leaked screenshot.

Might be legit, although the bloom doesn't really seem to match the environmental bloom from GTAV... But who knows, the art direction could be different.

That milk can also really does look like a higher res/poly model of the milk cans they used in RDR. And, it might be insane for that to feel remeniscient of RDR, but it's a touch that Rockstar pays attention to that a lot of other developers don't.

The legs crossing thing though... Not really sold on that being an indication of anything, but still.

2i0FNFq.jpg

C_enF8jXYAEbzfc.jpg

EDIT: I take all the credit for this.

Actually it´s form CesarBraindead on the GTAforums.

Maybe, but the mountains and hills in the background don't really match up.
That said, I think Rockstar also wouldn't need to do a building-to-building rebuild of their towns either... I think they're fairly comfortable saying "this is how we imagined a Western town [Armadillo] to be 10 years ago when we made RDR... and this is how we imagine it today..." kinda like how they did with GTASA/GTAV and GTAIII/GTAIV.

Pack it up boys, that's the same guy.

Leak is real.

2017-05-1017_40_15-ga8sur3.png

2017-05-1017_40_02-imi5u6h.png

Different hat, different clothes... Both are a scruffy caucasian male, but that describes almost every NPC in RDR as well.

bud23

It's definitely not from RDR2.

I remember when someone leaked a GTA V screenshot on GTAForums, probably a couple of months before its release, nearly everybody thought it was fake, a GTA IV mod, photoshopped ... until a few days or weeks later Rockstar released the same fucking screenshot lol

About the mountains, people complained about RDR1 being too barren so it would make sense they wanted to change that for RDR2, to take that into criticism and add a few more buildings, mountains etc. so i wouldn't 1:1 compare RDR1 and that leaked screenshot.

Not to the point of swapping out cacti for leafy trees.

Simo

The dude seems to be hover-leaning about 2 ft off that post

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy... If he's supposed to be leaning, then the shadows of the post and him should basically be converged. Instead they're two very distinct shadows. At least the top of his body should be basically one shadow with the post, which it isn't.

But w/e, I want to believe, but just not convinced.

Lighting does not look like Rockstar lighting, bloom seems wrong, the focus on the buildings doesn't seem right, but w/e, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get media soon so I hope it's a leak only in that there's indication of new media coming

Bahorel

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy... If he's supposed to be leaning, then the shadows of the post and him should basically be converged. Instead they're two very distinct shadows.

Okay this I can see but I do want to say as a former animator that what's known as "cheating" in terms of 3D space and perspective happens in professional situations all the time

*as in if someone set up this screenshot, not for gameplay

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy... If he's supposed to be leaning, then the shadows of the post and him should basically be converged. Instead they're two very distinct shadows. At least the top of his body should be basically one shadow with the post, which it isn't.

But w/e, I want to believe, but just not convinced.

Lighting does not look like Rockstar lighting, bloom seems wrong, the focus on the buildings doesn't seem right, but w/e, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get media soon so I hope it's a leak only in that there's indication of new media coming

it could be from an early alpha build and wasn't planned to see for the public.

Gurish

cYOSde3.jpg

RDR didn't age well... that last gen flat and ugly lighting :/

Top Bottom