• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Leaked off-screen screenshot

LordofPwn

its that time of year where Ubisoft starts leaking like a cruise-liner struck by an iceberg.
Rockstar doesn't leak. so I'm guessing it may be Far Cry 5. Is judges week going on right now? wonder if this may be the source?

Alienous

its that time of year where Ubisoft starts leaking like a cruise-liner struck by an iceberg.
Rockstar doesn't leak. so I'm guessing it may be Far Cry 5. Is judges week going on right now? wonder if this may be the source?

This is post-Benz Rockstar Games, so you can't be too sure.

hemo memo

Too much work for a fake but you never know anymore. Fakes are getting crazy good lately.

#teamfarcry5

Just to be sure.

Ostinatto

TW3 looks way better thou...

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

Ame

Any time I see a RDR2 thread.

LrPDLM5.gif

I need more. I really hope this game shows up at E3 in some form.

Auctopus

I hope it's fake, underwhelming graphics if true.

Do people seriously look at a LEAKED image of an unfinished/unreleased product from a developer who has consistently raised the bar for graphics and technical achievements and process that information in to this analysis?

Simo

Going with this.

Mod didn't look as good as this screenshot and the town's has no NPCs.

Too much work for a fake but you never know anymore. Fakes are getting crazy good lately.

#teamfarcry5

Just to be sure.

Far Cry 5 is modern day though. The Western theme got debunked.

Man, where's Jason or shinobi when you need them to confirm or debunk this stuff. Lol

It's too boring for me to care if it's fake or not tbh. It's a western scene showing nothing out of the ordinary and looks similar to the trailers, if the game hadn't already been announced it would be different.

Pejo

Gold Member
Could be real. Reminds me of GTAV graphics... not a bad thing just expected a bit more.

It's the scenery, sunsets, and skybox that always made RDR stand out for me. The graphics didn't strike me as anything ultra special (though they were good for the time). If anything, I'm most disappointed it's just a town shot.

Could be real. Reminds me of GTAV graphics... not a bad thing just expected a bit more.

I think it's too soon to say that man. Besides this is just one screenshot and doesn't necessarily look downgraded from the debut trailer or anything. But then, that trailer looked really nice but nothing that I would call impossible or too good to be true.

Anth0ny

Rockstars art direction with technical power leads to their games looking as good as they do.

This is a low resolution screenshot. Wait until the game is running at 4K on Scorpio. Bruh.

Bahorel

Like it was said in the first page, after the Rayman prank for Super Smash Bros. 4, that argument doesn't really seems to be as strong as before.

I just looked up this screens, how is that even equivalent to the same amount of work? They photoshopped the same image three times into flat menus

mas8705

With the way that people can make fake screenshot and how Far Cry 5 is also being teased with a Wild West setting, I'm going to trust this screenshot as much as I trust Rayman being in Smash Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY0Msvnv6WA

Kudos to the original creator BTW for making this look really convincing to start up his "Smashified" channel. The point though is that much like how Omni was able to make that look very convincing and fool everyone into thinking that this was real, it shows that with a bit of talent, we can't really tell if something is real or not. Even in this case where we have a guy leaning against a post, there is always that possibility where someone threw in a few things to make a "western setting" and shipped it out on the internet.

We'll see of course coming soon if this is indeed related to Far Cry, RDR or just something to trick people into thinking it was one or the other.

Hahs

Really hoping this truly isn't a sequel to Redemption...we need another Red Dead, but a sequel?...No Marstons unless they're cameos

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For the
laughable
people who thought this is from the RDR mod.

2017-05-1020_32_11-somcufe.png

Top Bottom