• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Spanish Retailer lists Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi HD Collection

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm under the assumption that all the tenkaichi games are more or less the same and that there's no advantage to play these over the ones already on the PS3.

What's good about these games over the more current ones? I ask because it seems some people in this thread do hold that opinion

I'm under the assumption that all the tenkaichi games are more or less the same and that there's no advantage to play these over the ones already on the PS3.

What's good about these games over the more current ones? I ask because it seems some people in this thread do hold that opinion

This was my exact question.

I'll take Budokai 1, 2, 3, and Infinite World HD.

I remember being extremely excited for Budokai 3 to come to the GC... which never happened. :(

Likely due to disc size, as I recall a quite a bit being cut out from the final PS2 game at that.

Here are the boxes rehosted just in case:

WoSic.jpg
yUS8X.jpg

Izick

I'm curious as to whether this will look good or like shit in HD. I don't remember the games' art-styles to well, but I remember them being fairly jaggy and polygonal; could be wrong though.

Mr. Fix

I'd also like to know the differences between BT3 and RB2. Doesn't T3 have some type of cancelling system too? I haven't played it in a while. Also, Evil Buu bitches! And DB/GT/giant/movie characters for those who care.

I don't know why they just didn't make an awesome BT4 instead of the rehashed games they have been pumping out all generation with much less characters. A real BT4 would have been amazing and only needed to add about 10 characters to have every character in the series. Everything since BT3 was a letdown.

Danny 117

Mother of God. Day one for sure if real. I've been waiting for the current-gen successor to these games but having them re-released with online play in HD will suffice!

What a waste.

I'd rather have Infinite World.

Or just a new game by Dimps, since I can (and do) still play Infinite World on my PS2.

Namco doing a HD Collection?

How well did these sell back on the PS2? this is in no way is getting my hopes up for an Ace Combat HD Collection, nope, not at all...

Technically Namco's second, if you count Tekken Hybrid.

This is weird but almost all the HD Collections were leaked by retailers, so I've little doubt it's true. Even Rayman HD eventually came out, though in the form of just Rayman 3 HD on XBLA/PSN.

These were the only DBZ games I played, yet I don't really care for this one. They were all pretty much the same game but with more characters.
I think this HD collection will be one of the few that I'll skip.

I personally enjoyed Raging Blast 1 & 2. I never really played any of the PS2 titles, though I've heard good things of the Budokai series. It seems people are praising Infinite World on here too. I never played Infinite but I was always curious about a DBZRPG.

Budokai 3 and Infinite World were originally published by Atari. I wonder how all that legal stuff works out if someone wanted to rerelease them.

I don't really give a damn about Tenkaichi, but IW in HD with online is kind of my dream. Not getting my hopes up though.

kunonabi

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with good online would be godlike. If they revert the controls to BT2 outside of special attacks I would actually buy a move as well.

Joni

Budokai 3 and Infinite World were originally published by Atari. I wonder how all that legal stuff works out if someone wanted to rerelease them.
The situation is actually less complicated nowadays then it was back then.

Source Code: Bandai's property. They payed for the development.
Japan: Bandai published.
US: Atari published, but Namco Bandai has withdrawn the Dragon Ball rights from Atari
Europe: Namco Bandai bought Atari Europe.

Why would you want to HD Collection the BT series? The only difference is that each one added more characters and stages, just do DBZ HD Collection and include B3, BT3, and Super DBZ HD at least all 3 of those play differently.

smr00

Banned
Out of all the games to put in a HD collection they pick these? No offense to DBZ fans it just seems like an odd choice.

How about Burst Limit 2? I liked that game almost as much as Budokai 3, and it stops halfway through the story.

Did that game not sell well, and that's why there is no sequel?

FSLink

Banned
I hate the Tenkaichi series, it's just random button mashing, and everybody pretty much has the same combos.

Yeah it can get pretty button mashy, probably why I preferred the Wii versions so it at least made the button mashing fun and silly with motion controls.

Anth0ny

So useless. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is the same game as 2 and 1... but with more characters.

All I want is Budokai 3 HD.

Aru

Actually, Shin Budokai HD collection would be better than Budokai HD Collection. Fuck that Dragon QTE crap.

Kokonoe

Banned
Actually, Shin Budokai HD collection would be better than Budokai HD Collection. Fuck that Dragon QTE crap.

If you mean that Rock Paper Scissors stuff I agree, and Infinite World removes that.
Quite surprised Budokai 3 is getting all this praise when it had that system in that took up more time then the actual match.

Who would want Naruto Ultimate Ninja Collection HD (with the first 3 games ?!) when you can have Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 or Generations for less or almost the same price ?
UNS series > UN series.

So many characters from past games are still not playable though, I would give so much just for playable Konohamaru for one.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Now that we know that Namco isn't opposed to HD Collections, let's get them to make a real HD collection, like Xenosaga I, II, and III.

Top Bottom