• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dead wrong you are

Ray.png

I see you, and raise you:

Guymelef

I shit you not, someone on the gametrailers forums has this listed as the xbone specs:

X1 specs.
Heavily modified R9 280X with various 290X parts
1.3tflop (12CUs)+ GCN 2.0+ & HSA+ = 4.8tf reality
12CUs + 2 dormant CUs + 2 fail-safe CUs for main GPU.
2 parallel render pipes for GPU + 2 parallel quadcore clusters for 8core CPU.

This new gen is making people crazy.

Please, tell me you are joking.

Special C

People argue the launch lineup as the biggest reason for still getting an Xbox One because the Playstation 4 doesn't offer many appealing ones...

Last time I checked, launch games weren't the only games released for a console over eight years.

Putting up for a console's launch just because they have a handful of the more appealing games to some is silly because a few months from now the competitor is going to obviously release more games, and in this instance Microsoft's competitor is Sony who is known for heavy first party games.

I would wait to buy a console if launch games are so appealing to some, only because if one is leaning toward the Xbox One (and this is my opinion here), it seems you'll be setting yourself up with a botched console for a few years.

I think most people who are buying ONLY the X1 at launch are people who plan to get BOTH consoles but can only afford one at launch time. In that regard it makes sense to get the one FIRST that has the better launch lineup. I'm plan on only buying an Xbox One but it has nothing to do with the launch games. (That's just a bonus for me).

what about having EVERY part of the GPU AT LEAST 50% more powerful? Would that make it overall 50% more powerful for you?

Seeing some games come out which look head and shoulders above the Xbox One games. I'm pretty sure that's the line I started with in the thread.

I shit you not, someone on the gametrailers forums has this listed as the xbone specs:

X1 specs.

Lol, wut?

womfalcs3

Banned
Has someone actually said the PS4 version is natively 1080p, or could it very well be that it's also 720p and upscaled during gameplay?

velociraptor

The irony of this is that I was arguing that the specs are insignificant (or rather not as significant as people have been making out), then as soon as I mention one in favour of the Xbox One, you're telling me how insignificant they are.
Seeing some games come out which look head and shoulders above the Xbox One games. I'm pretty sure that's the line I started with in the thread.
Incorrect. The PS4's GPU is simply 50% more powerful than the one in the Xbox One. This is an indisputable fact.

Now we don't know how much better PS4 games will look compared to the Xbox One. I'd wager they'll largely look similar - framerate and resolution will be the major differences. If there is a good looking title on the PS4, it would also be possible on the Xbox One, but at a much lower resolution. Consider Ryse running at 900p vs Killzone running at 1080p. That's where the console will show it's technical superiority. The fact that COD, Titanfall and Killer Instinct are pretty much confirmed to run at 720p indicates this.

These are the kind of differences we can expect between the two consoles:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74541511&postcount=621
http://anandtech.com/bench/product/777?vs=778

Bailers

Are were sersiously supposed to believe that a 6% clock bump resulted in the Xbone utterly dominating the PS4 despite inferior hardware?

What's the source of this nonsense?

My favorite part of the graph is how the bump in X1 specs makes the PS4 specs actually go down in performance.

E92 M3

Knew this thread would explode overnight -- and the lack of confirmation multiple times proves that this is no longer a rumor. Otherwise AP and PS would making hashtags on twitter.

RulkezX

X1 specs.

A disciple of Misterxmedia no doubt.

CREMSteve

Are were seriously supposed to believe that a 6% clock bump resulted in the Xbone utterly dominating the PS4 despite inferior hardware?

I particularly appreciate how a bump on one platform lowers the specs of another, but only one of them, the PC Cards remain unaffected. Some brilliant math on display there.

Have to assume it was a joke post.

StuBurns

Banned
Are were seriously supposed to believe that a 6% clock bump resulted in the Xbone utterly dominating the PS4 despite inferior hardware?

PS4 doesn't even have a CPU man, they pulled that shit out. They're using tiny ants now. Don't buy into that Sony PR nonsense.

EDIT: Should have gone with an abacus, that's a better joke. Damn it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

wouldn't the subject of this very thread be an example? or don't you consider 720p vs 1080p to be 'head and shoulders'?

you might want to get some wheels for those goalposts, it'll make them easier to move.

Maxy

Banned
Why are you here then?

Never said all of them, and I still think that you can't find a better forum for gaming. Just fascinated by how much thought and care can be given to the differences in pixels when we live in a time were we have an almost unlimited amount of entertainment.

Gaz_RB

lol reddit

Are those what threads are usually like on there?! I've never actually gone since most people have said its bad, but my god I didn't think it was that bad. So many crappy memes and gifs, and why is that dude that everyone's flipping out about posting missing letters in his words?

Captured at 1080p, but not confirmed at "native" 1080p

PS3 COD still output 1080p :lol

Indeed. It's possible that it was just upscaled. We'll see

Guerilla

Just read chubigan's post in the second page and this sounds familiar. CBOAT post a few weeks ago and now proelite kind of confirms that there are problems with X1 itself:

i ams cshokked athis urpsriise.truly >am

btw i hope fyou arent fans of 1080p on xone, wehn hw is out in wild you wil se wat I meant about isues. puclocks too. Risk evwyerhwere. this palce is ntus. 2014 was beter pln.
Given the choice between

720p COD

and

Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.

I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.
There could be a ton of bugs in the OS and in the multi-player framework that causes a really bad user experience all around. They have one month remaining so we'll see.

Is there a thread about this? Someone should make one so maybe we can confirm. There's now a second insider that suggests that the Xbone OS (or even hardware?) is rushed and full of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom