• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory 4 cancelled for Europe

Reknoc

Couldn't see this anywhere.

Welp

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rune-factory-4-cancelled-europe/

“We regret to inform you that the European release of Rune Factory 4 for Nintendo 3DS has been cancelled.

While MarvelousAQL has made every effort to secure the title’s release for this territory, it is, unfortunately, not possible to do so at this time.

MAQL and MAQL Europe would like to thank everyone for their support and enthusiasm for their European releases. Please look forward to announcements on new MAQL titles over the coming months.”

Thanks region locking.

Kysen

Gotta love that region lock, what was Nintendo thinking. Now they are losing money maybe they should unlock the handheld.

Hasney

Oh screw this. Between this and SMT IV, I might actually be done with Nintendo in the future until the consoles are completely hacked wide open so I can import games and stay up on the latest firmware.

May just stop updating my 3DS & Wii U in case they bust the region lock on later firmwares and stop buying games for the platforms until they are.

So, next up is SMT IV...?

I'm not so much into the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory franchise, but this cancellation doesn't look too good for other potential releases...

Edit: just read vareon's post... so it's potentially a technical problem.

jdkluv

1beXN.gif

Storm360

I don't care about the game, but this is just why Region Locking is a fucking joke

I actually regret buying a EU 3DS, I wish I went for an American or Japanese one now, maybe i'd actually use it then

Eusis

That was kind of my assumption.

If Neverland had some critical code that got lost as they shut down that MAQL didn't secure properly.
... Shit, yeah, that could do it, and the region locking means it isn't as simple as slapping another sticker on and playing dumb. :/
So, next up is SMT IV...?

I'm not so much into the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory franchise, but this cancellation doesn't look too good for other potential releases...
Well, basically the opposite happened to Atlus as happened to Neverland, so probably not something to be worried about in the bigger picture.

Reknoc

No SMT4, no Rune Factory 4 but hey, at least we get a physical version of Senran Kagura... fuck region locking.

Funnily enough I guess, is Zen got a lot of shit because of the P4A release fiasco yet they've outdone both Nintendo (NISA?) and Marvelous by actually having release info on their current game.

Jucksalbe

Banned
That's pretty bad. Europe never had it easy with Harvest Moon (always being a year or so behind), but this really sucks.

Omikaru

Welp. Thanks, Nintendo.

The silence on SMT IV just got a whole lot more unsettling. Whether I'm being irrational or not, you can't help but worry when nobody wants to talk about it.

Coxy

good fucking job on the region lock nintendo, I was just thinking about getting a 3ds and this puts me off wanting one again

Region locking in this day and age is actually why I am not that sad that Nintendo is taking beating right now (Not to mention their other anti consumer practises like selling charger seperately from 3DS XL here in Europe). Karma is a bitch.

This is a damn shame.

I was really looking forward to playing the game, it was up there with my most anicipated games in 2014. Should have figured that the silence surrounding the European release couldn't bode well. And region lock certainly isn't making it any more likely that I'm going to play the game.

Meh.

I just started planning this game in the US, and it's my first foray into the series. It's pretty darn good. This is a big loss for the Euro 3DSers.

Peff

If a game is localised then why can't it come out in every country where the localised language is used?

The vast majority of these niche super-delayed games are English-only anyway. Even when they do translate them, it'd still need PAL conversion, packaging design, a separate marketing campaign, yadda yadda.

Top Bottom