• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race |OT| Time to get tucked and bring back the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,
since they eliminated two contestants in one episode earlier Ru's still on track to bring someone back, so we can expect another makeover challenge with a re-instated queen.

Here are the updated rankings for shits and giggles:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - QUEEN BITCH. 1 win, 4 highs, 2 safes, 0 lows = 52 points
2) Ivy Winters - 1 win, 3 highs, 2 safe, 1 low = 45 points
3) Roxxxy Andrews - 1 win, 3 highs, 1 safe, 2 low (1 bottom two) = 40 points
4) Alaska - 0 wins, 3 highs, 2 safes, 2 lows = 36 points
5) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 5 safes, 1 low (bottom two) = 35 points
6) Alyssa Edwards - 1 win, 0 highs, 4 safes, 2 low (1 bottom two) = 31 points
7) Coco - 1 wins, 0 highs, 4 safes, 2 lows (2 bottom twos) = 30 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

Wilsongt

I think
Roxxxy would have won even without the water works. I mean, gurl was prepared with the second wig. Alyssa just couldn't keep up.

Still not as heart warming as the
Jujubee/Raven
lip sync and follow up, though.

I am stanning so hard for Jinkx right now.

-So-hard. especially after watching these Youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwvF3RAirVc

http://vimeo.com/57883598

Those were great!!! Jinkx was definitely my favorite from the start but I take her more seriously as a drag queen than anyone else on the show right now coz her talent is so much more obvious. Anyone can get in a nice dress and look good but at the end of the day there's much more to it than that. I really hope she wins, or at the very least, becomes a legendary contestant ala Latrice, Pandora and Juju.

kirblar

Ru referred to the "First Annual Roast" (at least on Untucked) so it looks like they plan on re-using it. Praise Xenu.

Ivy is innocuous enough, but yeah I'm ready to see Coco and Roxxxy leave. I'm kind of done with Detox, too. I want to root of Alaska more than I am, but she hasn't made a strong enough impression to put her over Jinkx, who I agree at this point should win the competition.

royalan

I actually felt bad for Alaska this week.

Yeah, her runway look is getting a little predictable and she needs to step it up in that area, but I thought she was FABULOUS during the challenge. Not only was she hilarious, but she acted like a host which I thought was a really smart way to approach being first, and she went from roasting the contestants to the judges very seamlessly. Despite going first, she seemed the most comfortable on stage, and my roommates and I thought she was the funniest by a country mile. Was surprised when the judges came down on her like they did.

As usual, I thought Coco's entire PRESENCE was tired, and her GHETTO schtick (Oh yes I betta DID) just came off as a lesser rehash of Shangela's Laquifa act during the comedy challenge that season. Her runway look, of course, was busted. And I'm glad the other queens called her out backstage when she tried to pull the victim card over that damn pageant mess by pointing out that she threw shade at Alyssa, too. God, it's about time the other queens said something, because I think EVERYONE is sick of hearing about that damn pageant.

Jinkx is making me root for her with her consistency and general likability. I feel like she just needs ONE week where she KILLS it both in the challenge and on the runway to really cement her place as front-runner.

Ultimately, though, I think Alyssa is going to be the most loved queen coming out of this season. Every single thing she does and says has everyone I watch the show with DYING. Hell, she doesn't even have to do anything, her facial expressions alone tell a thousand shady tales. Top 3 material for sure, but I'm not getting that extra oopmh! from her that makes me think she can win it all. Glad she didn't go home tonight.

cory64

Alaska was a natural up there, moreso than Jinkx. It's sad that her runways have been so samey because I really really want to love her.

SaintZ

I thought Alaska was going to win the challenge based on editing and tbh, she was my favorite during the roast. Jinkx came in second.

Ivy was serving some Poison Ivy realness tonight.

I can't believe they lipsynched to a Willow Smith song. And even though Roxxxy was amazing with her second wig, I thought Alyssa did a much better job on the stage. Roxxxy was relying too much on "Hairography". Also, her meltdown was cringeworthy. Where is Naomi Campbell when you need her to put a stop to these tactics?!
cory64 said:
Roxxy and Coco need to GO
So does Ivy.
Preach. I can't stand either of them and Ivy is boring.

royalan

I thought Alaska was going to win the challenge based on editing and tbh, she was my favorite during the roast. Jinkx came in second.

Ivy was serving some Poison Ivy realness tonight.

I can't believe they lipsynched to a Willow Smith song. And even though Roxxxy was amazing with her second wig, I thought Alyssa did a much better job on the stage. Roxxxy was relying too much on "Hairography". Also, her meltdown was cringeworthy. Where is Naomi Campbell when you need her to put a stop to these tactics?!

Preach. I can't stand either of them and Ivy is boring.

Ok, can someone link me to a youtube clip or something? Because this is like the 5th time I've seen Naomi Campbell referenced to someone telling a sob story on reality tv...

This might sound really cruel but I got the impression that Roxxxy's breakdown was genuine (in that she actually felt that way), the thing is she seems so lacking in dimension or character that I didn't really care. It's like I recognize that those may have been her honest sentiments while simultaneously finding them stupid.

Alaska won the competition for me too in that she made me laugh the most. It's weird though I can kind of see what the Bacardi judge meant about the jokes being predictable, but expectation is like the antithesis of comedy so if that was true there's really no reason that I should have found her to be the funniest.

Lear

Jinkx was robbed. Coco was reasonably funny, but both Alaska and Jinkx were better (and their runway looks were better). They seem to be aiming to more evenly distribute the wins this season, which is fair enough, but I think it's screwing Jinkx over (imo she should've won last week too - her singing was so much better than Ivy, even if her outfit was a bit raggedy). I get the impression that the Absolut guy has a big say who wins when he's on the panel (I remember last season where he obviously really disliked Sharon's whole schtick) and I don't think he liked Jinkx (or Alaska, for that matter) so I think that was what gave Coco the win.

I want Coco to go home. She's such a tired, nasty queen. All this bullshit about being the nicest, sweetest person? Girl, please. She's always the one who brings up her feud with Alyssa (when Alyssa has far more reason to be pissed about it than Coco, seeing as she was the one who lost her title and had her reputation damaged). And the attempts to read Jinkx? Bitch, no.

Roxxx can join Coco on the way out. I think her runway breakdown was genuine, as it came up during Untucked, but I think it saved her, as Alyssa beat her in that lipsync (Roxxxy was relying way too much on whipping her hair and not actually lip-syncing). The constant shade towards Jinkx is so obviously motivated by jealousy - Jinkx actually has talent beyond looking like a hot girl.

Detox is such a disappointment. I thought she'd slay, based on pre-show stuff, but she's just kinda mediocre.

This might have been Jinkx's best week actually; this was the "first" time where she killed it both in the challenge and on the runway. The editors are obviously making sure to give everyone a win before sending the bitches home so they wanted to recover Coco as quickly as possible.

Alaska was by FAR the best one in that challenge. She's just a fucking natural. I LOVE that she played hostess instead of just going first, and her deadpan humor is truly one of a kind. By far the funniest drag queen this show's ever had. I was legitimately pissed off when they decided to pay her dust yet again.

I'm not sure what exactly they're going for, but Alaska obviously ain't it... at least not yet. So far everyone's won a challenge except her, and that means next week is absolutely critical for her as a contestant.

Look for next week's runway results: If Alaska doesn't score a win then it's obvious that the show is making her out to be the Miss Congeniality Pandora Boxx incarnate. If she doesn't win next week then she's not gonna win period. However if she DOES win next week then it's even more obvious that the producers were just teasing the audience all this time and wanted to understate her performance for the hell of it. Since next week seems to be some sort of photoshoot/fragrance promotion thing it sounds like it could potentially bury her. We'll see. Alaska is still my soul sista though. <3

SaintZ

Ok, can someone link me to a youtube clip or something? Because this is like the 5th time I've seen Naomi Campbell referenced to someone telling a sob story on reality tv...
Lmao, I don't think there's a clip of the episode but she gave a huge speech on The Face about how she didn't appear on the cover of the september issue of Vogue by going to Anna Wintour and crying because she didn't met her father, after the girls in danger of going home were trying to save their asses by spewing their sob stories.

iYhSUsgNItMrP.gif

(I did make tons of gifs about that tho)

kirblar

Alaska looks the same week after week after week- it's way more of an issue than Jynkx's runway at this point because her outfits (even her first-week creation) all look like xeroxes.

SaintZ

If she doesn't win next week then she's not gonna win period. However if she DOES win next week then it's even more obvious that the producers were just teasing the audience all this time and wanted to understate her performance for the hell of it. Since next week seems to be some sort of photoshoot/fragrance promotion thing it sounds like it could potentially bury her. We'll see. Alaska is still my soul sista though. <3
I think Alaska won't win just because of Sharon, tbh. I feel she's gonna get the runner-up spot and Ru will say how she stepped out of her husband's shadow and now we can see the *real* Alaska. I hope I'm wrong though because even if Jinkx is a better queen in almost every way I still prefer Alaska. Although, there's a rumor going around saying that
the winner hasn't been decided and it's gonna be just like last year with the public voting.

Alaska looks the same week after week after week- it's way more of an issue than Jynkx's runway at this point because her outfits (even her first-week creation) all look like xeroxes.
Yeah, I mentioned this before and she tends to pick the same type of dresses, slap a Amy Winehouse-esque wig and call it a day. She looks pretty but she's not versatile at all.

Ultimately, though, I think Alyssa is going to be the most loved queen coming out of this season. Every single thing she does and says has everyone I watch the show with DYING. Hell, she doesn't even have to do anything, her facial expressions alone tell a thousand shady tales.

HA! Very true. My top three would be Jinkx, Alaska and Alyssa, but Alaska needs to do something... I'm not sure what. Alaska is my favorite because she's so funny and smart, but she really does look the same every week. She seriously looks like she has the same wig on all the time.

Alaska's look is okay in a conservative way, but it's the only one she has - her roast was good, but where are her outfits? God shake it up before they ship you out!

Roxxxy - biggest balls this season for shamelessly turning on the waterworks to save her ass. SHAMELESS. I admit the lip sync was close but she had that little sob story in the bag for such an occasion - it's a one-time use coupon though, can't say "mama left me at the bus stop!" again.

but Alaska needs to do something... I'm not sure what.
She needs to translate that quick, dry wit and intelligent humour into her LOOK. Her look communicates nothing.

mantidor

The breakdown really felt forced, as well as the decision to keep both, this was in no way Juju/Raven material, I really would have prefer to see Roxxxy gone, as cruel as it might have been, simply because Alyssa is a far better queen, although to be honest, Ivy probably deserved the bottom more than Alyssa. We really can't tell, it sucks they never show how the full thing really went in the roast or any other challenge for that matter, but I cannot believe for a second that Alyssa wasn't funnier than Ivy.

I only saw the main show, now I've watched the Untucked too, I can see Roxxxy was upset about that after the behind the scenes stuff, so I guess it wasn't as out of the blue as it looked on the runway. In the main show it was cut to look like she just blurted out her mom left her at the bus stop and it looked really fake.

It annoys me that they come for Jinkx's makeup virtually every week and yet nobody reads Roxxy for her horrifying makeup skills. She always makes herself look eternally older than she really is. Also her fashion style is completely jacked. Anyone who paints themselves like that and wears such gigantic heads of hair is not someone I root for. She's definitely the weakest one on the show right now as far as I see.

I really want her and Coco to go next, but it seems they're setting up Roxxy for a runner-up win. Bleh.

SaintZ

I really want her and Coco to go next, but it seems they're setting up Roxxy for a runner-up win. Bleh.
I hope you are wrong because that would be awful. Roxxxy is bad at comedy, her make up sucks and she only seems to be able to show her ass or boobs when she's in drag. I guess she was good at lipsynching but that was it. Every queen in the competition is better than her.

She was good at lipsyncing, that song. I wonder if she could perform to something little more classic or varied. Maybe in a "sequenced" dress. :)

Roxxxy's mom must have been a psychic. Because if she had a premonition that her kid would be a bitchy, ignorant entitled brat who's drag look is a blackface chorus member of a regional production of Cats, it's no wonder she left him at the bus stop.

Roxxxy's mom must have been a psychic. Because if she had a premonition that her kid would be a bitchy, ignorant entitled brat who's drag look is a blackface chorus member of a regional production of Cats, it's no wonder she left him at the bus stop.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The thirst

Wilsongt

As someone whose mother abandoned him at a young age all I got to say it...

Oooooooooooooooooooh gurl.

Yes, Alaska finally won a challenge. And unlike last week with Coco it really seemed deserved. I'm still kind of hoping that she will win, or rather that she will deserve to win, I love Jinkx too but I'm more inclined to root for Alaska.

royalan

Coco has to be the most UNLIKABLE drag queen in the history of the show. She was insufferable tonight. Untucked couldn't even get me to like her.

Girl, they read your commercial because it was terrible. It wasn't funny, it wasn't glamorous. It was nothing.

Jinkx hit the nail on the head when she said she tries to be the most realized version of herself every week. THAT'S what the judges are looking for. It doesn't matter if you're comedy; it doesn't matter if you're pageant; it doesn't matter if you some weird in-between freak of both worlds (Sharon Needles). What matters is that you BRING IT with the most POLISHED version of whatever it is you're peddling every week.

Coco...GO HOME! I've had it...OFFICIALLY.

cory64

Coco vs Alyssa LSFYL is definitely happening in 2 weeks (no episode next week), and Coco BETTER go home. I was falling off my chair when Alyssa was shooting her commercial, she's so endearing.

Predictions:
4/1: Coco goes
4/8: Roxxxy goes
4/15: Alyssa goes
leaving Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox for the top 3 (Jinkx is definitely getting the winner's edit right now).

Boy Coco is such a creepy monster with his blue contacts from the swapmeet and Forever 21 sales rack attire. Roxxxy and Coco need to GO, they are garbage. I'd be thrilled with a top four of Alyssa, Detox, Alaska and Jinkx but I know the producers are gonna get cute and keep one those human trash bags on for the Phi Phi O'Hara-esque drama.

SaintZ

I was laughing during the whole episode between these:

ibwqh9rwt1DrGe.gif

i7bYotQdv16sv.gif

iJRp8FVmPJ6m5.gif

ibxXW9RfS2AeyC.gif

And the actual commercials, specially Alaska's. It is painfully obvious than they are spreading the wins between the queens to avoid being obvious about who the winner is going to be which is fine I guess. The only time I haven't agreed about a winner was last week when Coco won.

Aubrey was great. Not surprised about Ivy leaving. It was clear when she started getting talking heads and Jinkx was talking about her crush.

I'm doing more gifs of the episode and uploading them to my minus (seriously, Aubrey's faces were EVERYTHING. I agree with cory, she needs to come back *.*)

Updated rankings for the week:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 1 win, 5 highs, 2 safes, 0 lows = 60 points
2) Alaska - 1 win, 3 highs, 2 safes, 2 lows = 46 points
3) Roxxxy Andrews - 1 win, 3 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 41 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 1 low (1 bottom two) = 40 points
5) Coco Montrese - 1 wins, 0 highs, 5 safes, 2 lows (2 bottom twos) = 35 points
6) Alyssa Edwards - 1 win, 0 highs, 4 safes, 3 low (2 bottom two) = 31 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

This episode was such a mess, I loved it. First of all, that Andrew Christian challenge was LIFE-GIVING. I love that Ru knows exactly what cards to pull to rally her viewers, lol.

First of all, I was totally awwing at Jinkx professing her crush on Ivy, which was unexpected and super adorable. Jinkx needs to get on that coz Ivy is adoooorbs. I'd hit it, though I'd smang Lineysha first. Mmm.

Alaska's ad was friggin' hilarious, and the "Your makeup looks terrible" line nearly knocked me off my chair. Soooo good, and I'm so glad that she single-handedly inserted herself back in the game after being safe all this time. I'm glad to see her shake up her runway look a bit even though I hated that skirt. The wig was fierce though.

Alyssa will always be really endearing to me but I'm sad to see that she's become even more dead weight than Coco at this point. She's not as smart as Coco but at least she's not an insufferable c**t at every goddamn moment.

Coco and Roxxxy are so goddamn awful. First of all, they both consistently look a busted mess, and Roxxxy especially has the absolute WORST fashion sense of this season. Absolutely canNOT believe that she's squeaking by on her dresses and makeup, though I suppose I understand why Michelle Visage is treating her like some sort of soul sister. Roxxxy is not dynamic, nor is she smart, nor is she interesting or endearing. She's just a hollow shell of a drag queen that can be easily replaced by anyone at my local gay bar without a hitch. And she's everything that I HATE about drag culture; it's all face value, and falling on tired concepts like "glamour > camp" when all I've seen is the OPPOSITE case be true. All these pageant queens think that they push flawlessness and poise but all that's getting pushed is the brain cells out of their ears.

And Coco is just vile. Doesn't know what the fuck she believes in or why she does drag in the first place. Anyone who's so self-indulgent that they dish it at every opportunity shouldn't have to cower and misconstrue everything that comes back her way. She can step OFF.

Plus, I'm glad that Jinkx has been consistently showing those two tired hookers up in every goddamn challenge because she's cruising her way to the top without a single failed challenge so far. Not even Raja's touched her golden record. Let's hope she can keep it up until the end.

cory64

Updated rankings for the week:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 1 win, 5 highs, 2 safes, 0 lows = 60 points
2) Alaska - 1 win, 3 highs, 2 safes, 2 lows = 46 points
3) Roxxxy Andrews - 1 win, 3 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 41 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 1 low (1 bottom two) = 40 points
5) Coco Montrese - 1 wins, 0 highs, 5 safes, 2 lows (2 bottom twos) = 35 points
6) Alyssa Edwards - 1 win, 0 highs, 4 safes, 3 low (2 bottom two) = 31 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

erm, Detox was high this week, no?

kirblar

If the F3 better be Detox/Alaska/Jinkx. Although Alyssa managing to squeak in would be hilarious.

Coco/Roxxy need to GTFO.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just wrapping up last nights show, and my god Roxxy's runway outfit was hideous!

Think Ivy is probably my favourite of the season although her commercial was fairly awful.

Not sure any of the queens are as iconic as those in season 4 though

Edit: Kiiii! Shows what I know. poor ivy

cory64

I'm also thinking there's a (slim) chance that Coco and Alyssa will get physical in their LSFYL next episode that causes them both to go home, allowing for Ivy/Jade/Lineysha to come back for the makeover challenge as per tradition.

Lear

Wow, Aubrey O'Day is a surprisngly shady bitch. I was expecting her to be incredibly vapid, but she was letting these queens have it.

Coco needs to fuck off. I have had it. Officially. Aside from her being a total and utter cunt (no C.U.N.T for you Miss Coco), her makeup skills are so awful. Given that she's somewhere between 40 and death (she claims to be 37 on the show, but I'm not buying that for a second), shouldn't she have better skills? I thought at first that she was painting for the stage and hadn't adjusted to TV make-up, but surely she should have got the memo by this point. I'm surprised she's not being read for filth by the judges for it.

Speaking of bad make-up, I am not living for Roxxxy's paint. It's incredibly ageing and her nose contour frequently looks ridiculous. Also she has no talent and she's kind of a bitch. She can go.

Jinkx is eveything and I hope she wins. it's incredible how much her make-up has improved in the past few weeks (I suspect Ivy gave her some tips) and her runway looks are much better. Her crush on Ivy was so adorable. I ship it. (I read elsewhere that on the Elimination Lunch thing that Michelle Visage does, Ivy said that she didn't know about Jinkx having a crush on her, and that Jinkx isn't her type. I wanted them to be the romance, not Detox and Boxy Mandrews.

Alyssa is totally oblivious to anything going on around her and is just unintentionally hilarious. I kind of love her. I'm hoping she sends Coco home in the inevitable lipsync (though that will give Coco even more reason to be a bitter bitch).

Detox - Alaska - Jinkx final three please (though I have a horrible feeling Boxy will somehow find her way in the final).

Do we know if they're doing the returning queen thing again this season? I thought not because of the double elimination but then Ru saved both last week so it might work out?

cory64

Do we know if they're doing the returning queen thing again this season? I thought not because of the double elimination but then Ru saved both last week so it might work out?

No because there are only 3 episodes left before the finale; they can't bring anyone back without another double elimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom