• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race |OT| Time to get tucked and bring back the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only was Roxxy's little bear the hottest guy there, but he definitely looked the best in drag. Jinkx did an amazing job, also. Detox's guy was such a goddamn queen, and Alaska's really looked like a twin.

Coco? Girl was busted as Michelle said. What the fuck was up with those eyes?

But, still. Roxxxy's bear? Oh My God. Those bearpaw tattoes? That chest? That beard?

*____*

I came.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Watching the intro to Untucked made me miss Alyssa's crazyness.

I wasn't shocked that Coco left, four more to go!

I think I'm the only person on the internet who LIVED for Ms. Coco. Detox or Arkansas can go at any point. I'm rooting for Roxxxy now. I'm sure Jinkx Monsoon will get it.

You and your busted opinions...
<3

Alaska is flawless. Her look is more concentrated than most but it's completely signature. She reminds me of Lady Bunny a lot in where she fits the drag world. She's a fabulous MC and a great personality. Not to mention she's fiiiiiiiiierce as hell. I think that's what sets her apart from other camp queens; she'll always ring it in for a laugh but she will lip sync the house down and give premium face on all counts. Loveee haaaaa.

Can't stomach the opinion of someone liking Roxxxy though. Vacant ho is vacant.

You and your busted opinions...
<3

Alaska is flawless. Her look is more concentrated than most but it's completely signature. She reminds me of Lady Bunny a lot in where she fits the drag world. She's a fabulous MC and a great personality. Not to mention she's fiiiiiiiiierce as hell. I think that's what sets her apart from other camp queens; she'll always ring it in for a laugh but she will lip sync the house down and give premium face on all counts. Loveee haaaaa.

Can't stomach the opinion of someone liking Roxxxy though. Vacant ho is vacant.

TRUTH!

Roxxxy is just... trash. There's really no other way to put it.

I didn't realize Detox had been in an accident... now I feel guilty for ever clocking her for drawing on her eyebrows!

Coco is delusional and Roxxxy is too for telling her the makeup job she did on her veteran was anything but busted.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I didn't realize Detox had been in an accident... now I feel guilty for ever clocking her for drawing on her eyebrows!

Coco is delusional and Roxxxy is too for telling her the makeup job she did on her veteran was anything but busted.

Made me feel bad too. I remember judging her over the amount of surgery she said she had (stupid I know) but I guess she had a reason beyond pure vanity.

I think Roxxy was just being nice when she said that too Coco. Probably knew she was going to get sent home and there was no point trampling on her anymore, especially when her veteran was sitting right there

mantidor

Boxxy's win was well deserved but worries me, I still hope she gets the boot next week, I wouldn't want any of the other three to go. To hell with even out the wins.

Coco trying to imply Jinx make up work on her vet was bad really got on my nerves, so glad to see her go.

SaintZ

iJG1ppjmcmA38.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAS!

Alyssa is getting her own show!

royalan

Damn.

Jinkx.

I think that might be my favorite lipsync across ALL seasons.

Just fucking NAILED it.

This is where Jinkx's knowledge of pop culture and history give her an edge. That wasn't just a competent lipsync, but she completely understood the context of that song and the era it comes from and PLAYED. IT. UP. I felt like I was watching an old Carmen Miranda film.

Detox tried (and was fierce), but she just didn't "get" the song the same way Jinkx did.

EDIT: Watching Untucked. Bravo to Alaska for keeping it real with Jinkx WITHOUT being a bitch.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
KIII at roxxys expression when detox got sent home over Jinx
She is steam pressed.

I agree Jinx should have been in the bottom two this week.
Although I get where she was taking her sweet sixteen look, it didn't really work as well as the other girls, although I didn't like roxxy's sweet sixteen or candy couture at all.

Also, didn't Alaska's suga mamma look remind anyone else of Sharon Stone in catwoman?

iZ6qsNQ3xi0mR.gif

Watching untucked now and roxxy is just so pressed.
She can bitch and whine all she likes, but she knows she is in trouble next week if Jinx went though
Just wished Jinkx was a bit more viscous and went for her. She should have been put in her place.

kirblar

This is who Alaska was going for (and nailed) with the look. They even called it on the commentary. (She's on Shark Tank.)

barbara-Corcoran.jpg

Roxxy's dress was one of my favourites this season, it really looked good on her and I loved the idea and execution, it swung beautifully.

Jinx's looks were terrible, especially the last one, what a fucking mess - that awesome lipsync saved her, but I think all this 'water off a ducks back' stuff will cost her because it shows a lack of belief and committment in her self. If only she wouldn't let that come out on the runway.

Detox's looks, especially the green were not cutting it either - we've seen her do neon 80s a few times before, it was the all recycled - her executive hair looked great though. Overall it was the right decision - had it been a different song though, who knows.

That just leaves Alaska to win for me. I don't think Jinx is the complete package, and I hope Alaska really pulls it out of the bag for the final because Roxxy has just got stronger as the past few weeks have gone on, she's serious competition even if we don't like her.

Roxxy is doing the most, per usual, and its so old. She is the definition of gross in every way. She can take her baked potato face and nasty attitude and sashay off the edge of cliff.

tumblr_mldla3GLjx1rs5n8ao1_500.jpg

I was finally coming around on Detox until I watched Untucked. Nothing is worse than an entitled queen. See ya, creep.

I love Alaska so much and felt kind of bad for her being stuck in the middle between Jinkx and the two ghouls in Rolaidstox. She seemed legitimately uncomfortable, and who can blame her?

Jinkx's look was lame but her lipsync was incredible. I think it's pretty obvious she's going into the top three as the winner. If it goes by fan favorite, she has it no question.

mantidor

I'm sad to see Detox gone but between her and Jinx the choice is obvious.

So pissed about Boxxy reaching top three, she was the one with luck, I'm sure she was completely flabbergasted about Jinx sending Detox home, but she's "sequenced dressed" Boxxxy Andrews, she probably didn't have the slightest idea why Jinx's performance nailed that song.

lol you bitches are harsher than the queens on the show themselves! Roxxy's attitude stinks but you have to admit at least she has a level of polish to her that Jinx does not. I loved that liquorice dress (no bias!)

If Jinx doesn't win, and she has been my favourite, I think it will be because of her self-doubt. Roxxy is obviously fuelling that for her own gains - but that's the competition. Jinx is a wild card; sometimes you get that awesome skull flamenco outfit, othertimes you get reindeer antlers in a crone wig.

Alaska is awesome, but has absolutely no versatility.
I agree with this. Her looks all seem a variation on a couple of ideas, maybe it's that her face always looks the same - at least to me. So whether it's a blonde wig or a pastel one, the result is underwhelming if still cohesive. She's a wit though, I love her humour.

royalan

lol you bitches are harsher than the queens on the show themselves! Roxxy's attitude stinks but you have to admit at least she has a level of polish to her that Jinx does not. I loved that liquorice dress (no bias!).

Lawd knows I love me a polished queen, but America's Next Top Drag Superstar needs to have more than just a polished look.

Ru clocked this tea before herself: A drag queen can have someone help them with their looks. Wit and personality are much more difficult.

Roxxxy HAS had her moments (I thought she was decent in the telenovela challenge), but ultimately Jinkx AND Alaska have mopped the floor with her on any challenge that hasn't boiled down to a fierce look. I guess that's the irony of Roxxxy calling Jinkx a "one schtick pony." Jinkx has not only excelled at more challenges, she's excelled at challenges that required a wider skill set. Whereas the only thing Roxxxy is consistently good at is being polished (and not even that sometimes, what with that Minnie Mouse contouring she loves). If anyone has one trick it's her.

Roxxxy's rationale during the Untucked made no goddamn sense. Jinkx was "lucky" to have succeeded 8 challenges in a row over a variety of differing tasks, and even impressed judges on the runway for a a handful of those challenges. Meanwhile Roxxxy's single best performance was on episode 1 where all they had to do was make a dress. I think that just about sums up all she brings to the table.

I love how she thinks that singing live isn't as legitimate as lip syncing. Like really? Do you have any idea how much skill is required to be able to put on live performances while still committing completely to a character that's often-times required to emphasize the visual? It's a daunting fucking task, and Jinkx nails it because she's someone who actually earned her spot on this show through real talent.

Jinkx put it best when she called Roxxxy a narrow-minded drag queen; that's EXACTLY my issue with so many pageant queens on this show who come on with a sense of entitlement over actually talented people. Her idea of drag is exactly what straight men think drag is, and it's a self-depracating perception at best.

Personally I have no interest in looking at a fishy drag queen. If your ambitions are so low as to wanting to look like 51% percent of the population that are around us every hour of the day then your ambitions are too low. Elevate it, bitch. Jinkx does that. Alaska does that. Roxxxy doesn't.

mantidor

lol you bitches are harsher than the queens on the show themselves! Roxxy's attitude stinks but you have to admit at least she has a level of polish to her that Jinx does not. I loved that liquorice dress (no bias!)

If Jinx doesn't win, and she has been my favourite, I think it will be because of her self-doubt. Roxxy is obviously fuelling that for her own gains - but that's the competition. Jinx is a wild card; sometimes you get that awesome skull flamenco outfit, othertimes you get reindeer antlers in a crone wig.

The liquorice dress was ok but it was too safe, we saw pretty much the same dress before from her.

The editing makes Jinx look like she repeats her mantra all the time, but I don't think she's insecure, as Detox said to her in Untucked, she never second guesses, she has an idea and commits to it no matter what.

But you can polish and shellac a big, coiled corn-encrusted shit and it's still going to be a big, coiled corn-encrusted shit, only shiny. And that's Roxxxy-- ignorant, entitled, dim, hypocritical, dumb, boring, witless, slow, hideous. OK, she's "polished." But that's by no means enough.

soco

I think Roxxy only has more polish when it comes to some of the fashion, but lacks it in many other areas where Jinkx has it. Overall, I think Jinkx has more polish.

Raxus

I think Roxxy only has more polish when it comes to some of the fashion, but lacks it in many other areas where Jinkx has it. Overall, I think Jinkx has more polish.

No doubt. Jinkx's dress was a hot mess (literally) but she has brought it in other challenges.

Here was the LSFYL Detox vs. Jinkx.

Detox is a perfect example of why cliques are dangerous. Not only did Roxxy bring out the worst in her (I actually liked the queen) but she also kneecaped her in competitions.

royalan

No doubt. Jinkx's dress was a hot mess (literally) but she has brought it in other challenges.

Here was the LSFYL Detox vs. Jinkx.

Detox is a perfect example of why cliques are dangerous. Not only did Roxxy bring out the worst in her (I actually liked the queen) but she also kneecaped her in competitions.

Yep. Personally, the fact that Roxxxy kept telling Detox how fierce her dress was without even mentioning that it wasn't reading as candy AT ALL seemed a little shady to me. Roxxxy knew what she was doing.

Wilsongt

Ru really shouldn't have skipped that elimination with Roxxxy and Alyssa. She really should have sent Roxxxy home. Don't fall for those tears.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I forgot to mention that Alaska's puppeteering was hilarious. Having wig under the wig, and having two tear away tops was well planned. It was perfect.

GSR

My apartment's been watching it this season, and I'm not normally one for reality/game shows (or drag, for that matter), but I'm loving it. Pulling for Jinx to take it all, was hoping for Jinx/Alaska/Detox top three but I guess they had to have a drama queen in the finale.

Also Jujubee was here last week, and Jinx and Alaska are going to be here next month. Hopefully I can get out and see at least one of them.

I hope my girl can pull it out tonight.

iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif
iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif
iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif

Stinkx is getting the winner edit, but I still hope she flops again. If i hear that water off a ducks back mumble again, imma choke the nearest person. Ugh.

iPafJ2d2OKYM5.gif

Roxxxy's rationale during the Untucked made no goddamn sense. Jinkx was "lucky" to have succeeded 8 challenges in a row over a variety of differing tasks, and even impressed judges on the runway for a handful of those challenges. Meanwhile Roxxxy's single best performance was on episode 1 where all they had to do was make a dress. I think that just about sums up all she brings to the table.

I love how she thinks that singing live isn't as legitimate as lip syncing. Like really? Do you have any idea how much skill is required to be able to put on live performances while still committing completely to a character that's often-times required to emphasize the visual? It's a daunting fucking task, and Jinkx nails it because she's someone who actually earned her spot on this show through real talent.

Jinkx put it best when she called Roxxxy a narrow-minded drag queen; that's EXACTLY my issue with so many pageant queens on this show who come on with a sense of entitlement over actually talented people. Her idea of drag is exactly what straight men think drag is, and it's a self-depracating perception at best.

Personally I have no interest in looking at a fishy drag queen. If your ambitions are so low as to wanting to look like 51% percent of the population that are around us every hour of the day then your ambitions are too low. Elevate it, bitch. Jinkx does that. Alaska does that. Roxxxy doesn't.

ibvlNIK7DGloIr.gif

So all i'm getting from this, its thats it's okay to be a busted assed looking queen, as long as you can sing, be comedic, and commit to a character? Meh. Jinkx is wack.

Its time for a big girl win. Shtick queens are so last season.

kirblar

I hope my girl can pull it out tonight.

iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif
iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif
iiE1WeHUhT3Eg.gif

Stinkx is getting the winner edit, but I still hope she flops again. If i hear that water off a ducks back mumble again, imma choke the nearest person. Ugh.

iPafJ2d2OKYM5.gif

ibvlNIK7DGloIr.gif

So all i'm getting from this, its thats it's okay to be a busted assed looking queen, as long as you can sing, be comedic, and commit to a character? Meh. Jinkx is wack.

Hi, Roxxxy?

Stinkx is getting the winner edit, but I still hope

So what you're saying is that being "pretty" is on the same level as being intelligent, witty, improvisational, likable, and referential. Okay.

All these hoes trying it by putting "pretty" as an equal characteristic to having actual performance skills like, you know, putting on a show, singing, acting, being hilarious and inspiring people.

Roxxxy Andrews will be forgotten after the finale because everything she's ever done or said has been done better by someone else before her on this show. Alaska and Jinkx will be Drag Race staples after this because they are fully realized characters, and at the end of the day that's what drag is. It's not about being a pretty woman, it's about being a fully realized alter ego. Alaska and Jinkx are more quintessentially "drag" than Roxxxy because of that.

Alaska and Jinkx will be Drag Race staples after this because they are fully realized characters, and at the end of the day that's what drag is. It's not about being a pretty woman, it's about being a fully realized alter ego. Alaska and Jinkx are more quintessentially "drag" than Roxxxy because of that.

Truth. I think there is a distinct difference between drag queens and female impersonators but Drag Race kind of tries to throw them together without acknowledging it or dismissing it as pageant versus comedy, but there's more to it than that. Regardless, the best drag queens are fully realized characters.

I will be happy if Jinkx wins because she's really likable and talented and it seems sort of like a foregone conclusion that she'll do it, but Alaska is my favorite. She's too funny and I have a crush on her as a dude.

Roxxxy is a disgusting nightmare and I'll be happy to have her go away forever when this season ends.

Roxxxy is a disgusting nightmare and I'll be happy to have her go away forever when this season ends.

#dead

Alaska sealed the deal for me after tonight. Her lip sync was flawless and her Lady Gaga Born This Way realness gave me EVERYTHINGGGGGGG. Then I started googling pictures of Miss Gaga and realized that they kinda looked alike. I guess that's why I was drawn to her from the beginning. lol

Plus her and Sharon Needles together is kind of perfection.

tumblr_mik21rEYvn1s11xmlo1_500.jpg

It looks most likely that Jinkx will win (and rightfully so), but I'd much prefer having Alaska be the runner up. They usually wind up getting more fan love after the fact, plus I want to see her on the next All Stars. :)

Matt_

Half way through the finale and YASSSSS at Roxxy's breakdown
Suffer you nasty bitch. Hope she gets third

Winding up jinkx on purpose? Evil cunt.
Her runway dress though?
gorgeous

Can someone explain the appeal of this show?
I see it on The Soup every single week and it seems like one of the craziest and weird things on tv.

Finally decided i'd just ask in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom