• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race |OT| Time to get tucked and bring back the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitoman

My problem that I go back and forth with is the lipsync for your life. This week is the perfect example. Though Ivy really wasn't winner potential she has been consistently higher than the majority of the queens still on the show. She goes up against Alyssa who has shown absolutely 0 talent or creativeness the past how many episodes. Alyssa frankly destroyed her in the lipsync and bye you go. The lipsync is a genius idea but it's hard to grasp if you were a contestant, that your whole season, especially this late in the season, depends on these couple minutes. I know the show is based on a particular moment but it seems so....shady for lack of a better term.

Alaska deserved to win this week, her commercial was amazing. Jinx still amazing as ever ( I did not care for her look this week) and Coco should have been in the bottom instead of Ivy.

cory64

My problem that I go back and forth with is the lipsync for your life. This week is the perfect example. Though Ivy really wasn't winner potential she has been consistently higher than the majority of the queens still on the show. She goes up against Alyssa who has shown absolutely 0 talent or creativeness the past how many episodes. Alyssa frankly destroyed her in the lipsync and bye you go. The lipsync is a genius idea but it's hard to grasp if you were a contestant, that your whole season, especially this late in the season, depends on these couple minutes. I know the show is based on a particular moment but it seems so....shady for lack of a better term.
Well think of it this way, if RPDR were like American Idol, every week would just be each of them giving a lip sync performance. It's their bread and butter.

kirblar

Alaska deserved to win this week, her commercial was amazing. Jinx still amazing as ever ( I did not care for her look this week) and Coco should have been in the bottom instead of Ivy.
Alyssa is a much more interesting performer than Ivy, though. Ivy's an amazing designer, but has the personality of an inanimate carbon rod.

mantidor

Everything on the show rubs me the same way, because it is completely arbitrary, however, at the end the top three end up always being the best entertainers overall. Season one and two missed the mark with their winners, but it has obviously improved.

Oh and I have to say it, Ru's wig was ridiculous.

royalan

I disagree. Alyssa may not be the Brightest bulb of the batch, but she's at least memorable and entertaining.

Ivy was dumb and vanilla as all ever-living fuck. I mean, this is the queen that did Marilyn Monroe for Snatch Game and didn't know that Marilyn fucked a Kennedy. Ivy might be the dumbest queen since Jiggly Caliente.

Tumblr is all wrapped in Alyssa Edwards. Eat it!

tumblr_mjs9xtW6XU1r34j0so1_500.jpg
fucking lol. I love Alyssa, she gives a great look of the Joan Collins/Liz Taylor type. Can't remember who she did, but she really should've done Joan in the snatchgame.

Alyssa vs Coco in LSFYL, with Alyssa staying please. Also, Roxxxy - 5,4,3,2... yo time is up!

Top 3 - hoping for Alyssa, Jinyx, Alaska. I like Detox a lot and probably deserves it more than Alaska or Alyssa, but I think she could push herself a lot more. I feel like she's kind of coasting a little, keeping her trump cards in the deck till she really needs them. Detox is funny and editorial, like a cross between Raja and Needles, but as good as neither - She could make it to the end if she was on point, but I don't feel she's as entertaining as she could be, and not as smart or quick as Jinx and Alaska.

Ivy was harmless enough but dumb as a post, I felt sorry for Jinx in revealing her crush - she's going to be crying into her pillow for a long time.

I want Detox, Alaska and Jinkx in the top 3. My camp queens taking it all the way to the top!!!

I wonder who would win a fan vote between those three. I'm so glad that Alaska won her challenge coz now she's finally a top contender.

EDIT: Cory's right, though both Jinkx and Detox would count as safe this episode since they didn't receive any praise with Ru's decision.

Updated rankings:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 1 win, 4 highs, 3 safes, 0 lows = 57 points
2) Alaska - 1 win, 3 highs, 2 safes, 2 lows = 46 points
3) Roxxxy Andrews - 1 win, 3 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 41 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 1 low (1 bottom two) = 40 points
5) Coco Montrese - 1 wins, 0 highs, 5 safes, 2 lows (2 bottom twos) = 35 points
6) Alyssa Edwards - 1 win, 0 highs, 4 safes, 3 low (2 bottom twos) = 31 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

I finally watched Untucked last night and Coco really is a monster. They're giving her the Phi Phi edit which makes me think they'll keep her for the top three or four, just to keep things dramatic. When she was going in on Jinkx it made me really mad that no one was telling her to shut up. I know its heavily edited so who knows how it actually went down, but it was pretty disappointing that no one put her in her place. Cheers to Detox for kind of stepping in, I guess.

Also her boyfriend showing her a photo of her parents mausoleum over Skype was SO WEIRD. I loved it, obviously.

^ lol

Anyone wanna guess who goes next/who the top three will be? I'm guessing Alyssa goes next week, Coco leaves in the
makeover
challenge unless
she delivers a huge upset like Phi Phi last season and sends Detox, Roxxxy or Alaska home
. I do think Jinkx is a lock for top 3 but the others (Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy) are slightly less certain. My dream top 3 would of course be Detox, Jinkx and Alaska, which would be the first time my three favorite queens from the season end up in the top. Come oooon Ru, make it happen.

royalan

^ lol

Anyone wanna guess who goes next/who the top three will be? I'm guessing Alyssa goes next week, Coco leaves in the
makeover
challenge unless
she delivers a huge upset like Phi Phi last season and sends Detox, Roxxxy or Alaska home
. I do think Jinkx is a lock for top 3 but the others (Detox, Alaska, Roxxxy) are slightly less certain. My dream top 3 would of course be Detox, Jinkx and Alaska, which would be the first time my three favorite queens from the season end up in the top. Come oooon Ru, make it happen.

I agree with this but OMG - if Coco beats Alyssa I will throw whatever Absolute cocktail I'm drinking at the time right at the TV.

Neither girl deserves to win outright, but there isn't a single area where Coco can be seen as a better queen than Alyssa.

SaintZ

You may not want to see the last episode then Roy.

That was one of the best LSFYL ever.

I read spoiler about the elimination order of the top 7 a couple of months ago and so fair it has been accurate, dammit x_x I shouldn't have spoiled myself.

SaintZ

I liked Jinkx make up but not her dress.

Also, Detox at the challenge... awkward.

Was Maria Conchita Alonso under some kind of medication? She seemed... way too happy.

I don't remember Wilmer Valderrama being that... attractive D:

royalan

Watching the episode now and just finished the opening scene.

Ok.

Jinkx.

Girl, you know I love you, but you need to stop crying/whining about your drag so much. The other girls are threatened and they're coming for you and your drag, true. But they come for your drag because you LET them. At some point, YOU'VE got to stop defending it and just be fierce, instead of getting so upset whenever they throw shade.

But, shit, I'll tell you one thing: If I were in this competition and doing as well as Jinkx, there is so way in HELL I'd let a busted queen who was doing as POORLY as Coco think they could come for me. Oh HELL naw! The reading glasses would be OUT.

EDIT: Oooooh, this Untucked! Detox is serving the tea on Alyssa/Coco...

EDIT 2: GOD can Coco be any more insufferable?

Wilsongt

I was hoping Ru would pull an upset and do a double elimination tonight.
Just to make both of those bitches go home. I wish Alyssa had stayed because she isn't nearly as shady as Coco is, and she is at least entertaining to watch. Coco is just mean-spirited and needs to stop coming for my goddess Jinkx.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I was hoping Ru would pull an upset and do a double elimination tonight.
Just to make both of those bitches go home. I wish Alyssa had stayed because she isn't nearly as shady as Coco is, and she is at least entertaining to watch. Coco is just mean-spirited and needs to stop coming for my goddess Jinkx.

I don't get how Coco can sit there every week saying how she is such a kind hearted lovely person yet at every chance she gets she opens up and goes for the other queens. It will be interesting to see if she tones it back a bit now that alyssa has gone

mantidor

Not happy with the winner and loser this time, but as long as Coco and Boxxxy don't reach the top three I'll be fine.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I wish they would make untucked an hour and show more of the dress making and the runway comments. Seems to me like they are just brushed over compared to previous seasons which is a shame

Wilsongt

With all of the screen time Coco gets, it makes me wonder if she will be the upset contestant like Phi Phi and take away one of the top 3 spots from a more deserving queen.

Updated rankings:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 2 win, 4 highs, 3 safes, 0 lows = 67 points
2) Alaska - 1 win, 4 highs, 2 safes, 2 lows = 54 points
3) Roxxxy Andrews - 1 win, 4 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 49 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 2 low (1 bottom two) = 41 points
5) Coco Montrese - 1 wins, 0 highs, 5 safes, 3 lows (3 bottom twos) = 35 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

Still in the same rank but they're starting to separate a bit. Coco isn't that far behind Detox but the fact that she's been in the bottom two so many times means that she simply won't win.

But yeah, I agree in thinking that Coco might make a Phi Phi-like upset and make her way to the top 3, but I don't think she's nearly that controversial to justify it. I think Ru has her eye on making the top 3 as appealing as possible, so I still see Detox/Alaska/Jinkx in the top 3, though Detox or Alaska might get bumped for Roxxxy assuming the latter does well in this next challenge and one of them flounders.

Speaking of, with the makeover challenge there tends to be someone who hugely underperforms relative to their performance beforehand (Raja, Sharon) so it's very possible to see either Jinkx or Alaska in the bottom two next week. I'm certain that Alaska would absolutely DESTROY a lip sync (Youtube her shows hunTyyy) but while Jinkx is amazing live, I can see her going too over the top with it or fucking it up somehow. Either way, if Coco's in the bottom two next week then she's done.

Personally, it's gotten to the point where Roxxxy's by far my least favorite one. Critiquing Jinkx for not being "glamourous" and therefore not being good at everything? Bitch Jinkx has either passed, almost won, or won EVERY challenge so far. She's the ONLY one so far out of all of them that has shown that she could do everything. Hopefully Ru abandons her on a bus stop in the next episode or two.

I am now 100% convinced that Coco has been hired specifically by the show to cause trouble and create conflict. It just doesn't add up otherwise.

Anyway, kind of sad to see Alyssa go-- she was one of the truly weirdest people to ever appear on RPDR or any reality show, really. Even though her style wasn't for me, she was a real one of a kind and, I think, a genuine soul. Even if she is a bit dim, chinless and one note I'd take her every day of the year over five minutes with Miss Green Bench Bus Stop.

hitoman

Though i'm on team Jinxx I think Roxxxy should have won because she was great in t.v. and her look was amazing. I agree with the poster that I like Jinxx makeup but didn't care for the full dress. That lip sync was ovah. I knew Coco was going to turn it out with that dress and then when she pointed at her lips for the quick lip syncing... genius. She still needs to go next week. At this point Coco is just acting like a bitter old queen in every episode and it's tired. I'm getting a little scared for Detox because I want her to be top three but she's been under whelming lately.

I wish they would make untucked an hour and show more of the dress making and the runway comments. Seems to me like they are just brushed over compared to previous seasons which is a shame
I think this too about the dressing making and work room stuff - we don't see nearly as much as previous seasons it seems.

royalan

Well, if one of my faves HAD to go out, at least she went out like she said she would: putting on a goddamn SHOW.

AC6Xnaw.gif
tcee5gZ.gif
FZFyVkU.gif

She was serving body, face, AND choreo! PASSION.

Coco's just lucky she wore the right outfit on the right week, because those flowy sleeves were all she had going for her.

Matt_

Kind of unrelated to the show but I didn't know rupaul did acting
Watching happy endings and he's a hair dresser :L

Updated rankings:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 2 wins, 5 highs, 3 safes, 0 lows = 75 points
2) Roxxxy Andrews - 2 wins, 4 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 59 points
3) Alaska - 1 win, 4 highs, 2 safes, 3 lows = 55 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 3 low (2 bottom two) = 41 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

God Jinkx is just unstoppable. Even Raja hasn't had this kind of winning streak. I'm sorta hoping she gets put in the bottom two next week just to elevate another member of the top 3 (I assume Alaska) for a second win. I think they're making sure to give every member of the top 3 two wins so people can't say there's a clear front runner.

I'm predicting this for next week:

Winner: Alaska
Safe: Roxxxy
Bottom 2: Jinkx and Detox
Eliminated: Detox

And for the final three challenge:

Eliminated: Based solely on how Roxxxy does in the challenge. If she does really well, then Alaska is eliminated. If she does poorly, then Roxxxy is eliminated, leaving Alaska and Jinkx as the finalists for the reunion episode.

hitoman

Good bye and good riddance Coco. If she's such a seasoned queen you think she'd be used to some level of criticism by now. Her guy had the absolute worst make up ever! She looks like a weird lil Kim. I'm kinda disappointed in Alaska and their runway look. I also fully expect to see Detox's soldier on next season's drag race.

kirblar

Updated rankings:

1) Jinkx Monsoon - 2 wins, 5 highs, 3 safes, 0 lows = 75 points
2) Roxxxy Andrews - 2 wins, 4 highs, 1 safe, 3 low (1 bottom two) = 59 points
3) Alaska - 1 win, 4 highs, 2 safes, 3 lows = 55 points
4) Detox - 1 win, 0 highs, 6 safes, 3 low (2 bottom two) = 41 points

Key for reference:

win = 10 points
high = 8 points
safe = 5 points
low = 1 points
B2 low = 0 points

God Jinkx is just unstoppable. Even Raja hasn't had this kind of winning streak. I'm sorta hoping she gets put in the bottom two next week just to elevate another member of the top 3 (I assume Alaska) for a second win. I think they're making sure to give every member of the top 3 two wins so people can't say there's a clear front runner.

I'm predicting this for next week:

Winner: Alaska
Safe: Roxxxy
Bottom 2: Jinkx and Detox
Eliminated: Detox

And for the final three challenge:

Eliminated: Based solely on how Roxxxy does in the challenge. If she does really well, then Alaska is eliminated. If she does poorly, then Roxxxy is eliminated, leaving Alaska and Jinkx as the finalists for the reunion episode.
It's funny- they've tried to "even" it out, but it's blatantly obvious who's winning.

Matt_

I'm only ten minutes in to last nights episode but Detox is cracking me up
Some of these marines though
tumblr_m6eem8nNsk1qkuabbo1_400.gif

Kiiiii at the marines getting all bitchy while the girls are laughing it up

Wilsongt

Not only was Roxxy's little bear the hottest guy there, but he definitely looked the best in drag. Jinkx did an amazing job, also. Detox's guy was such a goddamn queen, and Alaska's really looked like a twin.

Coco? Girl was busted as Michelle said. What the fuck was up with those eyes?

But, still. Roxxxy's bear? Oh My God. Those bearpaw tattoes? That chest? That beard?

*____*

I think I'm the only person on the internet who LIVED for Ms. Coco. Detox or Arkansas can go at any point. I'm rooting for Roxxxy now. I'm sure Jinkx Monsoon will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom