• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eso76

Holy shit. I knew Canavero (who is Italian BTW, not Russian) reminded me of someone. A bit too uncanny for a coincidence, but then no one really knew Canavero's face at the time, so I don't know what to think.
Incredible, especially when you take MGS hand transplants and the whole Kojima / Joakim stuff into consideration.

Soriku

Holy shit, Gray Fox confirmed.

More like Jonathan Joestar confirmed.

jonathan-joestar-full-715400.jpg

What do you think happened to his head when Dio took over the rest of his body? Yeah.

Kev Kev

This can't actually be happening.

Can it?

Seriously, someone needs to come out and confirm or debunk this now or my head is going to explode.

:/

I tried...

This is all very eerie. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was an actor and this is all viral marketing. At the same time, I can see this guy recieving a hundred phonecalls asking about MGSV and him being completely baffled by what's going on.

cyba89

What I am wondering is (if all this is actually happening for MGSV) was when was this stuff supposed to start gathering steam? I mean if it wasn't for this thread popping up today it might have gone completely unnoticed under our very noses and it's all been there infront of us for some time so why now, why today?

I read the thread about the head transplant when that popped up and nobody connected the dots then even though there was a lot of discussion on it.

They could have just scattered some more hints later if this one would be unnoticed.

I still believe this guy was just an inspiration for Kojima and nothing more.

This is my favorite thread of all time. It also weirdly adds credence to the Chico/Quiet theory. Chico's head is on a female cadaver thus transforming into Quiet.

Costia

Can someone explain what the fuss is all about?
Looks like Kojima used the appearance of a real neuroscientist as the reference for the doctor's model in the game.
What's so special about it?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
This is my favorite thread of all time. It also weirdly adds credence to the Chico/Quiet theory. Chico's head is on a female cadaver thus transforming into Quiet.

No, no, no.

They transplanted a female body onto Chico's head. This is an entirely different story that should be discussed in its own thread.

So how and why did Canavero create this weird CG image of himself? Doing a TED talk is one thing, but rendering a fake version of yourself with a guy's head on a platter. Did the Russian CG artist who volunteered for the head transplant make this? There's so many "off" things about this story, I can't tell what's real and fake anymore.

DevilFox

> HEAVEN stands for HEad Anastomosis VENture. Heaven in MGS has a very different meaning.
> The guy is a computer scientist
> Doctor has quite a few more than a single publication, some very old (2003)
> Central pain syndrome and Phantom pain are real things...

To believe this is marketing is fascinating though, I give you that MGS-GAF. The doctor in MGSV is either a next gen version of Marv / Madnar or Kojima actually took inspiration from this guy. That's all for me.

MattyG

Banned
> HEAVEN stands for HEad Anastomosis VENture. Heaven in MGS has a very different meaning.
> The guy is a computer scientist
> Doctor has quite a few more than a single publication
> Central pain syndrome and Phantom pain are real things...

To believe this is marketing is fascinating though, I give you that MGS-GAF.
Maybe his whole life and career up to this point have been preparation for this one viral marketing push...

Big Boss's head is transplanted onto Zadornov's body, since his own body was too damaged after the crash.. That's why he has the same mechanical arm.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe his whole life and career up to this point have been preparation for this one viral marketing push...

What if now that Kojima, as the head of KojiPro, is removed Canavero will use his influence and significant impact on the franchise to replace him.

Therefore, becoming a figurative head transplant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom