• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome |OT| Are You Not Entertained?!

Looking forward to this. Not getting an Xbox One day 1, but some time next year. This will definitely be one of my first buys.

flashmouth

Neo Member
great work with the op!

I wonder if these 14 maps from season pass will be entirely new arenas or just maps that shift each round as seen in the mp footage.

Rich!

Not wanting to shit on the OP, but the entire thing is essentially about twenty pages of this on GAF Mobile:

jOdAn8d2NuwDB.png

Any way of fixing it, or is it unavoidable due to the formatting? Been seeing a lot of OTs like this recently.

ironcreed

Banned
that gif was from the stream right? I remember that moment, I said wow...

Yeah, I did the same. Glad we have it in gif form now. Haters can hate all they want, but this game is going to be a treat with the visuals, facial animations and seeing moves like that.

frayne182

Banned
how can you say between 3 and 8.5 hours? Lol

Thats pretty vague. Either way I'm fine with a shorter games. not 3 hours short though.

how can you say between 3 and 8.5 hours? Lol

Thats pretty vague. Either way I'm fine with a shorter games. not 3 hours short though.

There was a thread that said that some people beat half the game in 90 minutes. However, it took 45 minutes for a stream of the first level in an official stream. There is your disconnect.

Doffen

This OP looks weird on mobile.

Not wanting to shit on the OP, but the entire thing is essentially about twenty pages of this on GAF Mobile:

jOdAn8d2NuwDB.png

Any way of fixing it, or is it unavoidable due to the formatting? Been seeing a lot of OTs like this recently.

Sorry. I don't have time right now to fix design, but I have created this text based version: http://therealdoffen.tumblr.com/post/67068317157/ryse-son-of-rome-ot-are-you-not-entertained

Looks better overall than Crysis 3 for me, but that is the benefit of making a linear action game I suppose. Crytek do so much right with visuals.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This game sure is pretty. I bet it looks glorious on a big HDTV, streaming video is really not doing next gen justice.

Kacho

impressivefacialanimation.gif

That's quite stunning. Wow.

Definitely seems like one of those games you show your buddies, while being careful not to lift the curtain too far back. lol

"Dude, check this shit out."

"Whoa, that looks awesome. Let me play."

"No."

ironcreed

Banned
What the fuck. Those facial animations are ridiculous. Didn't think it'd add that much to the immersion, but Jesus Christ.

Absolutely. Enemy facial animation is also quite amazing. They should have put an instant replay feature in this game.

untitled_289_by_dennisk4-d6qx1p7.gif

Top Bottom