• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome |OT| Are You Not Entertained?!

rome_by_raziel1992-d6ubt2u.gif

Very impressed with the Rome flythrough.

Unity2012

With the X360 and PS3 a lot of great leaps were made graphically; however, I honestly think Crytek take us to a whole different level with RYSE.

The amount of details in this game are impressive, for that alone they get my vote as one of my most wanted games to play on day one... and the fact that I am a sucker for games about Rome, gladiators, barbarians and everything of that period.

The Flash

Banned
A summary of people's reaction to this game over the last few months

69067-Gladiator-thumbs-up-gif-6cDl.gif

Awesome OT by the way. Game looks really good. Hope the game ends up being fun too.

Wookieomg

excellent thread title and OT. :) Still on the fence about keeping my pre-order myself... So many dissenting opinions from critics and previews. :/ It LOOKS brilliant, but I'm past the age when graphics alone could satisfy me. Need some substance too. Hum.

oVerde

Banned
I hope Ryse series are made of different historical paces rather than a straight sequence, more like Final Fantasy sequels.

Out of all I have seen from next gen so far I must say that Ryse impresses me the most. And I originally had no intention of getting XBOX One, but stuff like this is really making me interested.

daedalius

Animations are nuts. Really excited for this game, I'm sure I'll enjoy it more for the aesthetic and atmosphere, but the gameplay looks alright.

Its pretty clear that it will get wildly mixed reviews some people like it others don't. I still can't wait to play it, my most anticipated game.

A summary of people's reaction to this game over the last few months

69067-Gladiator-thumbs-up-gif-6cDl.gif

Awesome OT by the way. Game looks really good. Hope the game ends up being fun too.

That about sums up my reaction. I was skeptical about this new generation, but Ryse is giving me some hope.

....Just kidding, of course. Here's my actual reaction to the console war.

Rj7SZQX.jpg

PC MASTER RACE!!

I hope this game is fun. I may get it just because of the eye-candy.

The late embargo lift doesn't bode well. :(

Yea, I saw that stuff about the late embargo, but I've already been sold on the game for quite some time now anyway, and so I really don't see any amount of potentially negative reviews convincing me otherwise. I'm a pretty damn good judge of which kinds of games I'll enjoy. And while I can't say how good a game Ryse will be overall, the game most definitely looks worthy of my time.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it already passed the first test: It made me want it. The next test comes when I play it. Will it be a game I really enjoy and keep coming back to now and then? Will it be a total disappointment? Or will it be a decent, but not great game at launch that could have been much better? No review but my own can tell me this.

This game has definitely been through a lot since launch. Can't wait to play the final version. I'm in need of some great looking Roman era action games, and this looks like it will deliver! I doubt it's going to win any gameplay innovation awards, but it looks solid for a launch title. Plus, I think it's the overall best looking next-gen launch game.

Yea, I saw that stuff about the late embargo, but I've already been sold on the game for quite some time now anyway, and so I really don't see any amount of potentially negative reviews convincing me otherwise. I'm a pretty damn good judge of which kinds of games I'll enjoy. And while I can't say how good a game Ryse will be overall, the game most definitely looks worthy of my time.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it already passed the first test: It made me want it. The next test comes when I play it. Will it be a game I really enjoy and keep coming back to now and then? Will it be a total disappointment? Or will it be a decent, but not great game at launch that could have been much better? No review but my own can tell me this.

yeah, no review will replace with your own tastes. I know the game play previews have been less than stellar. But I am still a huge sucker for the gladiator violence and that whole era in general....so I am still really excited for this game. Definitely the first game I am picking up when I get the X1 next month. The gameplay seems shallow, but it should be a nice relaxing gaming to destress after a long work day kind of game to me. And it's a launch game anyway, I think it will be pretty nice for what it aims to do.

i dont really give a fuck about the upcoming reviews. this game looks like it will be a solid hack and slash.

what they should have done is made the story less dramatic (no i have not played it, but that is the impression i am getting) and made the campaign co-op..

with a Sharpe character and a Harper

the first next gen game that i will be playing

p3tran

Banned

no worries senjutsu. you and me are tag teaming the fuck out of that colosseum.
we leave NOTHING breathing! ;)

Doodis

I don't really care if the gameplay isn't the most amazing thing ever, I'm just looking forward to a graphical feast, and I will be entertained.

Top Bottom