• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome |OT| Are You Not Entertained?!

Moronie

Banned
ib0BoMH7rsjfeu.gif

Whahaha....great!!

Sydle

Went ahead and pre-ordered this game. Looking forward to the amazing visuals, bracing myself for the gameplay.

Ghazi

Fuck yes at that title haha, I was thinking it might either be this or "This is Sparta" (I know it really isn't)

But yeah, love it.

This game is gorgeous.

I wonder how many trolls all over this game for the supposed lack of gameplay have hyped the hell out of things like Beyond, Heavy Rain, Walking Dead, etc.

Ryse for better or worse is the next-gen system show piece. This is the first major glimpse into what next-gen graphics will look like on Xbox One. The production values are off the charts with respect to acting, sound/music, graphics, and hopefully story. As a huge fan of games like Ninja Gaiden and Batman Arkham (not to mention big budget AAA games) I hope the gameplay/combat will be great as well, but either way this game is a must buy for me.

This game is gorgeous.

I wonder how many trolls all over this game for the supposed lack of gameplay have hyped the hell out of things like Beyond, Heavy Rain, Walking Dead, etc.

Ryse for better or worse is the next-gen system show piece. This is the first major glimpse into what next-gen graphics will look like on Xbox One. The production values are off the charts with respect to acting, sound/music, graphics, and hopefully story. As a huge fan of games like Ninja Gaiden and Batman Arkham (not to mention big budget AAA games) I hope the gameplay/combat will be great as well, but either way this game is a must buy for me.

That is a pretty bad comparison, those games are nothing like Ryse.

Anyways does anyone know when the embargo is up for this and other Xbox One games.

The consistent trolling over this game I think is mostly jealously that its an Xbox One exclusive.
People trying to make themselves feel better.

Anyways does anyone know when the embargo is up for this and other Xbox One games.

someone posted this in the launch thread from IGN twitter i think

review embargoes for killer instinct, zoo tycoon, dead rising 3, lococycle and crimson dragon are up monday morning at 6am PT

forza 5's embargo is up on 11/20 at 6am PT, ryse is at 11/21 at 3am PT

Monday @ 6am PT - Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon
Tuesday @ 9pm - Xbox One (system)
Wednesday @ 6am PT - Forza 5
Thursday @ 3am PT - Ryse

TheKayle

Banned
ok im telling mine....i hope everything for this game...i really hope is fun at least as the others hack'n'slash around...but i dont care if this game end to be like a tech demo ....is gorgeous to a lvl that is the perfect game to have for the launch...
a person want to see how the next gen feel....and Ryse like no one else on both launch lineup is showing something

someone posted this in the launch thread from IGN twitter i think

review embargoes for killer instinct, zoo tycoon, dead rising 3, lococycle and crimson dragon are up monday morning at 6am PT

forza 5's embargo is up on 11/20 at 6am PT, ryse is at 11/21 at 3am PT

Monday @ 6am PT - Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon
Tuesday @ 9pm - Xbox One (system)
Wednesday @ 6am PT - Forza 5
Thursday @ 3am PT - Ryse

Thanks guys, just what I was looking for.

Derrick01

Banned
The true Next-Gen showcase. I'm going to laugh if this game goes on to have the best story out of all the launch games. Many crows will be eaten.

You do know Crytek made this game right? They've never had a good story in their games. Not even their few good games like Far Cry and Crysis 1.

The true Next-Gen showcase. I'm going to laugh if this game goes on to have the best story out of all the launch games. Many crows will be eaten.

Your barometer on if this game is a success is if it has a better story than a racing game, zombie game and sci-fi game?

Okay then. I take it you have never played a Crytek game. Story isn't a highlight in anything they have made.

TheKayle

Banned
Your barometer on if this game is a success is if it has a better story than a racing game, zombie game and sci-fi game?

Okay then. I take it you have never played a Crytek game. Story isn't a highlight in anything they have made.

yeah is sadly true crytek games story are ...always "meh"

Top Bottom