• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RYSE will be a Xbox One exclusive, more info at E3

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
just a hint that many gaffers can't stand kinect in anyway, so it doesn't mind if it's a full kinect based game, or just a controller game enhanced with kinect features, they will bash it in anyway

Has nothing to do with a previously unveiled teaser trailer that looked definitely not all that exciting and is now remade to a controller based game with probably not the Crytek main team taking care of it, nooo. Its just unjustified prejudice. Yup.

First day after the XboxOne unveil and you are already trying to dismiss every bit of constructive argumentation over board by calling it unjustified bias. *claps*

The game COULD be good, but from where I am standing, I am inclined to believe that the chances of it not being all that spectacular are higher, no matter the platform.

Prine

Banned
Sure, ignore all the other stuff I wrote. The length people with no information whatsoever go to shout down anything that might be remotely against the XboxOne because they are feeling super butthurt of all the negative press, even if its even sort of unrelated about a game that wouldnt seem interesting to me even if it were NOT for the XboxOne. You are free to look forward to a Crytek action game that started as Kinect only gimmicky tech demo, I am free to not anticipate it. You are not free to put down my opinion by saying I simply want to "shout down" anything X1 related.

Who of us has more information on this game? Hmmm? No one? What makes your opinion more valid than mine then? Your unfounded faith and hope? Ooooh, I fear your wisdom. I shiver, someone hold me.

And you said I'm butthurt

"Controller Based Gameplay"

tumblr_m1o0tfAqSt1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Can't wait for E3!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And you said I'm butthurt

Yup. As are the others complaining about opinions of people that say that chances of it being a good game arent all that promising.

It might be a good game, or it might not be. No way to tell really, but the evidence we do currently have tells me to stay on the side of caution. I can totally see how people want it to be good though, and it would be great for those picking it up eventually. Good games are good for everyone.

Edit: Outright saying that it has no chance of being good and is just shovelware is just as stupid though because there is no way of knowing.

thuway

Yup. As are the others complaining about opinions of people that say that chances of it being a good game arent all that promising.

It might be a good game, or it might not be. No way to tell really, but the evidence we do currently have tells me to stay on the side of caution. I can totally see how people want it to be good though, and it would be great for those picking it up eventually. Good games is good for everyone.

The last I heard about it is the animation system is janky. This was around the time of the PS4 reveal so things might have changed since than.

derFeef

Well.. Crytek has yet to make a good game since Crysis 1 so I am highly sceptical to begin with - but I am not dismissing it because of Kinect integration of some sorts. Also the setting is awesome.

Toma

Well.. Crytek has yet to make a good game since Crysis 1 so I am highly sceptical to begin with - but I am not dismissing it because of Kinect integration of some sorts. Also the setting is awesome.

Yep, I am certainly not completely dismissing it either quality wise. Chances arent looking all that great however.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking it's going to be Condemned in Ancient Rome. A first person brawler, with possible stealth elements.

Prine

Banned

It might be a good game, or it might not be. No way to tell really, but the evidence we do currently have tells me to stay on the side of caution. I can totally see how people want it to be good though, and it would be great for those picking it up eventually. Good games are good for everyone.

To anticipate this based on next gen power and new tech is valid and leads to excitement/curiosity , but to fault it as a Kinect inspired game is logically false when they clearly state it's a game controller experience. So for anyone to reduce this as a terrible game that uses Kinect heavily should be called out.

thuway

Is the Ruffian rumor still intact?

I don't know who or what Ruffian is, but the optimism behind the title around the time of the PS4 unveil was just not there. It was said to have needed polish and more time in the oven. That's the extent of what I know.

PGR5 I've heard conversely is being made by a smaller studio (Lucid) and I have yet to hear anything concrete about it.

I heard Forza 5 looked amazing, but we've all seen footage from that now.

That's allz I knowz.

Interesting, now it sounds better.

If I ever get an Xbox One it will be for these exclusive titles, of course assuming that RYSE is actually good & interesting.

The fact that its an xbox exclusive means it needs to be really damn special for me to care enough to buy it and the console for it. Its an action game by Crytek made for Xbox only with Kinect features? Yeah. Chances are good I can live without it given the other stuff we know for the console so far.

I have a feeling you won't like anything xbox exclusive lol

Leflus

I don't know who or what Ruffian is, but the optimism behind the title around the time of the PS4 unveil was just not there. It was said to have needed polish and more time in the oven. That's the extent of what I know.

PGR5 I've heard conversely is being made by a smaller studio (Lucid) and I have yet to hear anything concrete about it.

I heard Forza 5 looked amazing, but we've all seen footage from that now.

That's allz I knowz.
Do you know anything about the kinect controls in the new version of Ryse?

Also: DID YOU JUST SAY PGR5?

Toma

To anticipate this based on next gen power and new tech is valid and leads to excitement/curiosity , but to fault it as a Kinect inspired game is logically false when they clearly state it's a game controller experience. So for anyone to reduce this as a terrible game that uses Kinect heavily should be called out.

Which is not what I was saying, though.

I guess what I am trying to get at:

1. It started development as a Kinect Only game, which isnt all that of a great base to work with because I (personally) have not yet noticed a good action game with worthwhile Kinect integration, which could make the whole premise this game is based on flawed.

2. The only thing we actually saw from the game (the last trailer 2 years ago) looks rather bland.

3. The developer is Crytek, but I highly doubt that its their main team, so its probably not all that worth mentioning other than them probably using a good/pretty engine

On the plus side however:

1. The game probably will look decent if its Crytek affiliated

So eh. I definitely dont think Ryse "deserves" all that much hype currently because we dont know too many promising things about it yet.

jond76

Banned
If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be controller based exploring with Kinect fighting. And judging from the new Kinect footage, that could be very cool.

We've had the same kind of games for what feels like an eternity (+ 8 years). It's time for something new in the gameplay department and kinect 2.0 seems to finally make that possible.

I can really see using the pad as a shield (same kinect function already shown) or giving voice commands to your fellow soldiers as a general.

If implemented well this cool turn out to be something special. Really looking forward to the reveal @E3.

Shads

Still don't know if I should be excited for this game, but at least they came to their senses and added controller support. Now we need to see the same "controller based gameplay" tag with Crimson Dragon.

Mrbob

I wouldn't pin my hopes from a developer who says they want to get out of the AAA game business for F2P models.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be controller based exploring with Kinect fighting. And judging from the new Kinect footage, that could be very cool.
I think this game have strategy part and Kinect can be use for that
And since it said "controller-based" i think most movement can use controller to do it,maybe some also can use Kinect to do it(like many 360 better with Kinect games)

R3TRODYCE

After watching that behind the scenes video where the dude is showing Kinect and the controller, he mentioned lifting up the controller a bit and Kinect reading it to raise a shield;I wonder if Ryse will incorporate that.

Top Bottom