• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RYSE will be a Xbox One exclusive, more info at E3

electro

Banned
Hmm, controlled based gameplay sounds good.

I genuinely willed Microsoft to do well yesterday, and I really hope they at least attempt to fix some of the gigantic mistakes of yesterday at E3 - show some games!!

LilZippa

yeah but even "enhanced by Kinect" sounds stupid. Just get rid of it.

Or at least I hope the Kinect stuff is totally optional IE, playing without it doesn't put you at a disadvantage.

Didn't they talk about raising a shield while holding the controller during the show yesterday? That would make sense they are talking about this game using that mechanic.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The length these people go to shout down anything to do with XboxOne.

Looking forward to see some next gen Crytek

Sure, ignore all the other stuff I wrote. The length people with no information whatsoever go to shout down anything that might be remotely against the XboxOne because they are feeling super butthurt of all the negative press, even if its even sort of unrelated about a game that wouldnt seem interesting to me even if it were NOT for the XboxOne. You are free to look forward to a Crytek action game that started as Kinect only gimmicky tech demo, I am free to not anticipate it. You are not free to put down my opinion by saying I simply want to "shout down" anything X1 related.

Who of us has more information on this game? Hmmm? No one? What makes your opinion more valid than mine then? Your unfounded faith and hope? Ooooh, I fear your wisdom. I shiver, someone hold me.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If there would not have been any mention of it, everyone would scream Kinect anyway. Instead they mention it right up front what it is and everyone is screaming "controller mentioning, lol" ...interesting times.
There's a lot of screaming going on in your world.

trmas

Banned
They can have it - game has been underwhelming from the start, and given the developer, will be underwhelming at the end as well...

After seeing what Kinect 2 is capable of, I'm pretty excited to see how this plays.

Saying that, didn't someone on here claim it wasn't looking good? Something about the animation if I'm not mistaken.

The_Monk

Oh4CN2V.png

Eeeeew!

So I guess you have to get up and and swing your hand while you are holding a controller. Just what people needs lol. E3 will be hilarious for the Kinect.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really hope someone asks Crytek about how they feel working on a lower spec'd console since they said several times that they were not satisfied with PS4 specs.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wow, the statement of "controller based gameplay enhanced by kinect" is actually what I have wanted all this time.

Especially after watching the new kinect video on wired, they could simply use kinect for head tracking or check the players heart rate, have you call out orders as a general all while still using the controller for the core gameplay.

I am now interested.

I really hope someone asks Crytek about how they feel working on a lower spec'd console since they said several times that they were not satisfied with PS4 specs.

They said Cry Engine 3 is primed to work with Xbox One earlier today (still no word on PS4 support). Seems like MS has struck a deal with them.

harSon

Banned
1 forza + 1 q dream + ryse = 12 more exclusives and 6 more new ip right?

edit: forgot respawn game -> so 5 more new ip and 11 more exclusives

Geoff confirmed that Rare's new game, and the game from Microsoft's new Studio Black Tusk (this latter game was confirmed by Mattrick) are going to be at e3.

Leflus

Geoff confirmed that Rare's new game, and the game from Microsoft's new Studio Black Tusk (this latter game was confirmed by Mattrick) are going to be at e3.
Mattrick said that he wants to bring Black Tusk's game to E3, but that Phil Spencer wants to wait. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

"Controller-Based"

Makes sense, you just cannot make a pure Kinect game and get away with selling it to the hardcore.

This is what Kinect needs to do; enhance, not replace.

I am NOT the controller

I'm HOLDING the fucking controller

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They said Cry Engine 3 is primed to work with Xbox One earlier today (still no word on PS4 support). Seems like MS has struck a deal with them.
They're trying to get devs to license CryEngine 3 as a multiplatform engine and the architectures are very similar. It'll definitely be on PS4.

Anyway, on topic. I'm interested to see what's in store for Ryse. It's been in development for a long time and I feel like it's going to be the game MS uses to sell Kinect to the core audience and XBO's graphical showpiece.

Top Bottom