• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Announced

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oichi said:
I really can't believe Sega is stupid enough to leave Yakuza 3 (Kenzan I can kinda understand) in Japan and then announce the fourth game. And this is coming from someone who lives in Japan :/

Its Sega. I can believe it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Why should I give a fuck if they don't bring 3 and Kenzan to the US?
Fuck SEGA if they don't bring 3 and Kenzan to the West.

All I want to do is give you my $$$ for these games, but you don't think it's a smart business decision huh?

Who know what? BOOOOO
I don't even want to see another one of these until they clear the backlog and get the games over here.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kaako said:
Why should I give a fuck if they don't bring 3 and Kenzan to the US?
Fuck SEGA if they don't bring 3 and Kenzan to the West.

All I want to do is give you my $$$ for these games, but you don't think it's a smart business decision huh?

yeah yeah blame SEGA but don't blame Sony with their PS3 crazy price tag in NA/EU .

you want SEGA to lose huge amount of money by localization the games ( with forced dub thank to Sony policy ) then just less than 40K people buy them on the system ?

Kintaro

Totobeni said:
yeah yeah blame SEGA but don't blame Sony with their PS3 crazy price tag in NA/EU .

you want SEGA to lose huge amount of money by localization the games ( with forced dub thank to Sony policy ) then just less than 40K people buy them on the system ?

Ah. It took until the second page this time. Not bad.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Totobeni said:

I don't give a fuck about any of that. I'm just a gamer and I would like to spend my hard earned $$$ on 3 and Kenzan w/out having to import and shit. That's all I care about as a general video game consumer. So once again, fuck whoever responsible(mainly Sega or SCEA) for not bringing 3 and Kenzan to the West.

lupinko

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE GREATEST DAY OF PLAYSTATION(R) 3 EVER FOR ME!!!

- Universal Music Group is NOW on the SingStore (in PAL regions anyway) with its debut of The Jackson 5's I Want You Back, followed by MORE AWESOMENESS in the beginning of August with The Police, Elton John, and other awesome UMG artists.

- WipEout HD FURY EXPANSION OF NIRVANA AND INSANENESS!!!!

- And now Toshihiro "The Master of Tanning" and "Father of Daytona USA, Super Monkey Ball and Ryu ga Gotoku" Nagoshi graces us with the EXCLUSIVE PLAYSTATION(R) 3 sequel of RYU GA FUCK AWESOME 4!!!!

SO AWESOME, I MUST CONTINUE TYPING IN CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kintaro

Shikashi said:
Why are people blaming SEGA when the problem is SCEA?

If you're talking about a dub, any projected sales you can possibly imagine for Yakuza 3 would be cut in half or worse without an English dub. That's all there is to it. You would be a goddamned idiot to release this game, right now, without a dub in the US. Policy or not.

FateBreaker said:
What? I thought SCEA was interested, and it's SEGA's problem

Sony requires an English dub for games. And if Sega is even thinking about making Yakuza a success in the US, then it's going to need that dub.

zoku88

Kintaro said:
If you're talking about a dub, any projected sales you can possibly imagine for Yakuza 3 would be cut in half or worse without an English dub. That's all there is to it. You would be a goddamned idiot to release this game, right now, without a dub in the US. Policy or not.
I kinda doubt that anyone who would buy the game would hold back because of the dub.

What were the differences in sales between Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2?

SolidSnakex said:
Sony requires an English dub for games. And if Sega is even thinking about making Yakuza a success in the US, then it's going to need that dub.

They can hire the people who do those shitty dubs like Chaos Wars, which were probably paid with Taco Bell.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shikashi said:
Why are people blaming SEGA when the problem is SCEA?
The problem is you people didn't buy the first game! if it sold well we would've had Y3 & kenzen by now.:(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Personally I'd rather do w/out the dub and just English subtitles and English menus. That would be ideal for me personally, unless the game has amazing dub work.

AKS

WTF is the deal with not letting anyone else outside of Japan enjoy the RGG games?!? Just give me subtitles! Patch it in! Follow Demon's Souls' example! I'll import it with a 50% markup if necessary if it has a language I can read...

BattleMonkey said:
They can hire the people who do those shitty dubs like Chaos Wars, which were probably paid with Taco Bell.

The CEO of O3 Entertainment (the company that published it) got his family members to do the dub for that game. :p

No_Style said:
Damn. :(

Yakuza 3, why aren't you in North America yet?

Yes, I found this incredibly upsetting as well. I even bought Kenzan with a shimmer of hope that my extremely limited Japanese would be enough to get me through it. I was wrong.

Please Sega, give us more Yakuza in NA.

Shadow780

Kaako said:
Personally I'd rather do w/out the dub and just English subtitles and English menus. That would be ideal for me personally, unless the game has amazing dub work.

Pretty much everyone here.

rvy

Banned
Kintaro said:
And how is a terrible dub going to help sales? I don't understand this.

SolidSnakex said:
The CEO of O3 Entertainment (the company that published it) got his family members to do the dub for that game. :p

They can hire some homeless guy off the street to dub the whole thing, and you know what, just that fact alone would probably push more sales of the title than a professional job.

I bet Chaos Wars has sold most of it's copies off peoples morbid curiosity of the god awful dub.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:

this is the problem , SEGA did gave US complete game with dub , but Yakuza 1 failed in NA market , Yakuza 2 did bombed to , so the series is not good for NA market by track record , and now it's PS3 , HD games costs more , Kenzan and RGG3 were bigger games too and costs more money to be made , it's just destined to be a failure in NA and will cost SEGA more money if that happened , and SEGA can't handle that .

I think the only way here , to see NA version of RGG3 , is for SCEA to co-publish the game with SEGA .

Kintaro

zoku88 said:
I kinda doubt that anyone who would buy the game would hold back because of the dub.

What were the differences in sales between Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2?

The only sort of numbers I found were from the sale that shall not be named. They have Yakuza 2 doing a little less than half the sales of Yakuza 1.

Here in the US, Yakuza is niche. Best we could hope is someone like Atlus, Xseed or even Ignition to pick it up. All of them would also agree it would need a dub. Person 3-4 wouldn't have seen half the success without it's dub either.

I pass the blame back on Sega. They should put english subtitles in the game so fans can easily import it. Such a simple solution and so overlooked.

zoku88

It's too bad that JPN companies just don't translate the games themselves and make a downloadable english patch or something. That would be awesome :lol

Kintaro said:
The only sort of numbers I found were from the sale that shall not be named. They have Yakuza 2 doing a little less than half the sales of Yakuza 1.

Here in the US, Yakuza is niche. Best we could hope is someone like Atlus, Xseed or even Ignition to pick it up. All of them would also agree it would need a dub. Person 3-4 wouldn't have seen half the success without it's dub either.
I still doubt that. I doubt most people who would want the game would refuse to buy it just because there weren't any dubs.

I somehow doubt most people would even know, tbh..

lupinko

Shadow780 said:
Even Sakura Taisen has made it here, I'll
impatiently
wait for Kenzan and 3.

Sakura Taisen 5 doesn't count tho, Gemini and friends pretty much killed the franchise.

The girls not resembling any Ah! Megamisama characters certainly didn't help. That's what happens when you don't use Fujishima or the anime version character designer of AMG for Sakura Taisen designs.

Turbo

Neo Member
The reason why Sega is not considering pushing the 3rd installment to the english borders is because of it's predecessers sales( Yakuza 1 and 2 ) on the ps2.

To be honest, I am frankly shocked that it didn't do so well (This is the PS2 we are talking about after all) . I guess it didn't click since it was so .... different from whatever people was playing at the time.

rvy

Banned
Turbo said:
The reason why Sega is not considering pushing the 3rd installment to the english borders is because of it's predecessers sales( Yakuza 1 and 2 ) on the ps2.

To be honest, I am frankly shocked that it didn't do so well (This is the PS2 we are talking about after all) . I guess it didn't click since it was so .... different from whatever people was playing at the time.
Or maybe people moved on from the PS2. Just saying.

KGKK

Banned
Turbo said:

Persona sold fine.

This news is both grand and fucking heartbreaking.

I have my fingers crossed that Sega with do a stealth release of 3 (or Kenzan) in the fall...

GOD, LET IT BE TRUE!

Turbo

Neo Member
@Shikashi
Like KGKK said, the persona series ( persona 4 to be exact) sold pretty good for their franchise. And besides, isn't the ps2 still selling? :D And the next generation has finally become this generation this year( people are still struggling to see the difference but it is happening :lol ).

@KGKK
I stated that the Yakuza series might be different from what people were playing back then. Persona certainly fits that remark, you know? :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
blindrocket said:
SEGA, PLEASE bring these to the West!

I want Kenzan!, Yakuza 3, and now Yakuza 4 on my PS3!

well you can , it's fucking easy , just import the the damn games and let the Patrick be with you .

3333420592_4209bbbb52.jpg

...well buy RGG4 too :D

Stunt

Banned
Sega should really bring Yakuza 3 and Kenzan to the west, or at least Yakuza 3. I mean if worst comes to worst I'll probably import it, but I'll have no idea what the hell's going on.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
in the US :
Yakuza did poorly
Yakuza 2 bombollllaaaed in a big way with stories of those that green lit the localisation shit/binned.

so i'd think it's pretty unlikely they'd throw Y3, YK or Y4 over to the US unfortunately.

Once The Best version of RGG3 is released, it shall be mine.

Once The Best version of RGG4 is released, it shall be mine.

As always, I have my faith in ThePatrick.

Hive

Banned
hmm.. here's another game that will really give the PS3 some much-needed replay value!

Can't wait to see some screens! ^^

Zyzyxxz

WhiteAce said:
in the US :
Yakuza did poorly
Yakuza 2 bombollllaaaed in a big way with stories of those that green lit the localisation shit/binned.

so i'd think it's pretty unlikely they'd throw Y3, YK or Y4 over to the US unfortunately.

FUUUUUUUUUU...

Why can't they just release it on PSN or XBL and put it in subtitles only to save money!

Turbo

Neo Member
Subtitles would be good... scratch that extremely good! It's one of the reasons why fans are annoyed in the FFXIII thread ( over the issue on why square doesn't use the extra space in the blu ray version for additional languages namely japanese).

Top Bottom