• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu ga Gotoku 4 Announced

Sega subtitle that bitch and release it (3).

It's not like adding subtitles is going to cost a lot of money, stop being bitches about it.

Replicant

You know what's annoying about this? The only thing that prevents me from playing this game is just the language barrier!!!

There's no problem with console since I have PS3. And since PS3 can play games from any country, I technically can just import this. BUT I can't! Because my Japanese ability is only enough to understand some basic conversation. My kanji reading skill is even worse. T_T

Sega, let's make a compromise:
English subbed Yakuza-games as international/Asian releases? Y/N?
everyone's happy, very easy huh?

Wish SCEAsia/honkong was the publisher, they release ALL Japanese Sony PS3 titles with an additional English subbed version (even the new Toro game... TORO!).

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
In a perfect world, Sega would bring the other two PS3 games in the series over here and confirm that Nagoshi is working on Daytona USA 3. Everybody wins.

Too bad Sega's too dumb to realize that.

I don't know if lambasting Sega helps anyone.
I'm sure there are plenty of people at Sega who'd want to bring it here.
Perhaps higher-ups are resistant due to Y1 & 2 sales. Perhaps if we poke 'em to show some interest?

Replicant said:
You know what's annoying about this? The only thing that prevents me from playing this game is just the language barrier!!!

There's no problem with console since I have PS3. And since PS3 can play games from any country, I technically can just import this. BUT I can't! Because my Japanese ability is only enough to understand some basic conversation. My kanji reading skill is even worse. T_T

If you want to know and understand the story then yeah, it's annoying. But I played through this (as well as many other text heavy games such as RPGs over the years) and I know about 10 Japanese words. I think I needed a FAQ twice and that was it :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Ryu ga Gotoku 4 is announced? Nice :) I own Yakuza 1 and 2, but i havnt really played them yet, but hopefully i will get around to play through these games some day :)

MoogPaul

3 & 4 in one package for the US for 100 dollars please. Translating both at the same time and putting them in one package would save them money, right?

How's this suggestion for how Sega can minimize costs and get this into the English speaking world as cheaply as possible:

- Slap some english stickers on the Japanese version and ship it to North American retailers (or just online retailers).

- Put an update on PSN that lets us download English Subtitles.

This way they don't need to press a new batch of blu-rays, any can maybe pawn off some unsold Japanese copies on the North American market.

sure, it would be weird to sell a game at retail that's not in English without downloading an update, but at least this would cheaply satisfy the hardcore Yakuza fans, myself included.

Svpam

Banned
To anyone who used ThePatrick's translations when playing 3 and Kenzan, was it tedious or annoying to have to read everything on another screen and would you miss a lot of video? I'd really like to play Kenzan and 3.

Thanks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Svpam said:
To anyone who used ThePatrick's translations when playing 3 and Kenzan, was it tedious or annoying to have to read everything on another screen and would you miss a lot of video? I'd really like to play Kenzan and 3.

Thanks.

just print them on papers

Fuck, I haven't even played Yakuza 2 yet, and it sits on my shelf next to RGG3, as well.
I hope they don't make this an annual thing. I need more time between sequels within the same series, and so do they.

Three will be the first game that I have ever imported and had to use a walk through for (usually only import fighting games), but it is soooo worth it and if I survive the experience then four will be imported day 1.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Audioboxer said:
Sega subtitle that bitch and release it (3).

It's not like adding subtitles is going to cost a lot of money, stop being bitches about it.

and port it to the 360 while you're at it, if it's sales you're worried about :p

lupinko

chandoog said:
and port it to the 360 while you're at it, if it's sales you're worried about :p

bananadance.gif

:lol :lol :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shikashi said:
Or maybe people moved on from the PS2. Just saying.
I don't know if you can really say that, considering how well the Persona titles did on PS2 here in the US.

Facism

it's a shame they didn't even throw in engrish subs for the asian releases of y3.

it can't possibly be a worse seller than VC

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
jett said:
So that's a third RGG I'm gonna miss out on. Thanks Sega. You cocksuckers.
Don't you mean the 2nd RGG you missed??? Sega released 1 and 2 for the PS2. It's just 3 and problay 4 thathsn't been released outside of Japan.

Vard

I'll probably just cave and import them all, using FAQs as necessary. Or master the Japanese language...?!

Solidino

hi everyone, it's my first post sorry for bad english...

i have an idea to resolve the question...

videogames translated (gratis*) by fans in order to reduce the translation costs.

*= we can discuss on this, of course. ^___^

what do u think? At least the boys on gamefaqs, write river of words for walktrough, i do not see because they could not be use to translate videogames...

PS: of course there's need someone who knows jap!!! :D

Everdred

I have yet to play through the 3rd, I imported it without knowing any Japanese and thought a guide would bring me through the whole game. :(

iceatcs

Sure no problem. It will coming EU but not US.
BAHAHAHA.... Oh wait! pointless cos region free,
no wondering why people moving 360 so they can tease EU people. Fucking SAD ass.

*run*

iceatcs said:
Sure no problem. It will coming EU but not US.
BAHAHAHA.... Oh wait! pointless cos region free,
no wondering why people moving 360 so they can tease EU people. Fucking SAD ass.

*run*
There is no way to parse this post in English and have it make sense.

Sega is dead to me,
I even removed them from FAN pages from my facebook.

they are sitting ona gold mine of Staurn and Dreamcast games ready to be DLCed..
they don't do squat

they could localize Yakuza 3 and it give it to us in the West
they don't do squat

VF fans yell and demand Virtua Fighter 5 R
they don't do squat

they have arcade games like After Burner Climax, but never release them for console or DLC
they don't do squat

they take old IPs and outsource them to 3rd parties and then they poop on them

and Sonic
well they have been pooping on this franchise for the last 8 - 5 years

lots of Gaffer who know me know I was a Sega fan and a Dreamcast nut,
but this gen (PS3/360/Wii), Sega has completely lost touch

iceatcs

Segata Sanshiro said:
There is no way to parse this post in English and have it make sense.
You don't have to, but shame too late you quoted me :)

Seriously I think most here discriminating with my Deaf and English. Shame GAF but luck y'all because I don't have feeling.

Xater

If at least someone like Atlus could get the rights to the series.

Sega is pretty much dead to me now. The last two games I bought from them were Yakuza 2 and Valkyria Chronicles. Besides those two series I don't know what there is left to support....

rvy

Banned
gutter_trash said:
Sega is dead to me,

they are sitting ona gold mine of Staurn and Dreamcast games ready to be DLCed..
they don't do squat

they don't do squat

they don't do squat

they have arcade games like After Burner Climax, but never release them for console or DLC
they don't do squat

and Sonic

The truth! They have VF5R... VF5R!

gutter_trash said:
Sega is dead to me,

they don't do squat

they don't do squat

they don't do squat

they don't do squat

and Sonic

Most of your wishes would result in massive cash losses, man.

Saturn games sold like shit in the first place, and every attempt they've made to revive a Saturn property has resulted in shit sales. They've been trying to exploit some of their Dreamcast properties, but qu'elle surprise, those have sold like shit, too. Yakuza got not one but two tries in the Western markets, and surprise, sold like shit. VF5 sold like shit on both platforms it was released for.

The only thing they're making money off these days is licensed crap and Sonic milking, and even that particular teat is drying up.

There just aren't enough hardcore SEGA fans to support catering to them. That's not a huge shock, considering the trajectory the company has taken over the years.

iceatcs said:
You don't have to, but shame too late you quoted me :)

Seriously I think most here discriminating with my Deaf and English. Shame GAF but luck y'all because I don't have feeling.
Being deaf is not an excuse for nonsensical English writing, so put the crutch away, Tiny Tim.

I understand English might be your second language, but if that's the case, you're far better off making simple sentences with clear meaning as opposed to trying something complicated that makes very little sense.

I seriously have no idea what you tried to say with that post I quoted. I'm not even trying to be obtuse, though I often have fun doing so.

Acosta

Fuck that, I'll import 3 and Kenzen as soon as I can. I played the first two with faqs and fan translations and I will do the same for the rest of the series, not going to wait anymore.

Shikashi said:
We should all just learn Japanese, all our problems would vanish.

No, I'm serious.

I wish back at school, they would have offered me Japanese as a choice instead of just French OR Latin (besides English of course) >.>

SolidusDave said:
I wish back at school, they would have offered me Japanese as a choice instead of just French OR Latin (besides English of course) >.>
It's never too late to start, man. I teach English to some people who started learning in their 60s.

Shikashi said:
We should all just learn Japanese, all our problems would vanish.

No, I'm serious.

Learning Japanese would be a god send for gamers. FF13 this year! :D

If it were easier I'd do it like that, but I guess I've always been lazy about languages...

rvy

Banned
SolidusDave said:
And this is why every copy of RGG should come with a "Learn Japanese in 2 hours" course in the Blu-Ray.

Hey, at least they would be making use of the wasted space!

iceatcs

Segata Sanshiro said:
Being deaf is not an excuse for nonsensical English writing, so put the crutch away, Tiny Tim.

I understand English might be your second language, but if that's the case, you're far better off making simple sentences with clear meaning as opposed to trying something complicated that makes very little sense.

I seriously have no idea what you tried to say with that post I quoted. I'm not even trying to be obtuse, though I often have fun doing so.
That's fine, but I seriously think you have no idea what's profoundly deaf all in the life (not only not able to hear but much more others)

I don't think it is very bad writing at all. I think you're being too posh at this moment.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Most of your wishes would result in massive cash losses, man.

Saturn games sold like shit in the first place, and every attempt they've made to revive a Saturn property has resulted in shit sales. They've been trying to exploit some of their Dreamcast properties, but qu'elle surprise, those have sold like shit, too. Yakuza got not one but two tries in the Western markets, and surprise, sold like shit. VF5 sold like shit on both platforms it was released for.

The only thing they're making money off these days is licensed crap and Sonic milking, and even that particular teat is drying up.

There just aren't enough hardcore SEGA fans to support catering to them. That's not a huge shock, considering the trajectory the company has taken over the years.

perhaps on Yakuza 3 and VF5R

but I disagree with you on DD downloadable games from their Saturn/Dreamcast catalogue.

It is money in the bank on DD and they are doing nothnig about it.. they just give us the same Genesis games that we have bought already in compilations over and over again

rvy

Banned
gutter_trash said:
for home console I meant, I did not word it well
No, I understood what you meant. I was just emphasizing on how much gamers suck. Had people bought Yakuza, Yakuza 2 and VF 5 and we wouldn't be in this predicament.

It's easy to blame Sony for their shitty and ridiculous policy, it's easier to blame SEGA for not bringing the game over, but we should be blaming ourselves instead. 2 times SEGA tried to introduce the Western market to Yakuza (I think it did alright in Europe though, especially in France) and they weren't successful. What are we expecting?

Top Bottom