• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sagittarius A*, the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, photographed for the first time

Thaedolus

Blackholes are insanely impressive, they range from pinpricks right upto sizes that us monkeys simply cant wrap our heads around.. Ton 618, the largest we've found to date is simply staggering in size..

ec2zs1qoeei71.jpg
I’d let that spaghetti me

The thing is that orange color is because it's radio astronomy, shifted to the visible spectrum that we can see. If we were physically there, we'd not see anything probably. Our eyes are so limited, it's sad.

love how half this thread is people trying to incite an existential crisis by demonstrating how insignificantly small we are in the universe and the other half is talking about dicks and buttholes
Also Sagittarius A* is tiny(10 million solar masses) compared to some real monsters out there like TON-618(66 billion solar masses). I think it's a given that supermassive black holes in giant elliptical galaxies are much more massive compared to spirals.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
love how half this thread is people trying to incite an existential crisis by demonstrating how insignificantly small we are in the universe and the other half is talking about dicks and buttholes
If you read between the lines of my posts, you will discover that I'm talking about both at the same time!

Top Bottom