• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Am I good, or what? ;D

iUyZ8Vgi0FBQw.gif

I was hoping it would still somehow get released this month...oh, well. Hopefully it'll actually come out this time.

So many more months, though...

Syrinx

I was hoping it would still somehow get released this month...oh, well. Hopefully it'll actually come out this time.

So many more months, though...

That would just be way too sudden.. No way they'd release this month after not releasing any promotional material whatsoever.

I still kinda secretly hoped, though.

July is my birthday month, so that'd be a great present if it actually does come out...

I remember the manga re-release being announced the day right before my birthday. Best birthday present ever.

Still waiting on a new re-release of the anime, though. The DVD prices are too ridiculous.

That would just be way too sudden.. No way they'd release this month after not releasing any promotional material whatsoever.

I still kinda secretly hoped, though.

Well, I think PGSM came out a week after they announced it, so...heh.

MikeMyers

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-guardian-sailor-moon-anime-set-for-july-2014

The new series is a (straight?) adaptation of the manga. I guess we shall see if this is a FMA: Brotherhood or Hunter x Hunter. Either way no filler garbage, hopefully.

While I like the manga's storyline it doesn't really have any room to breathe for characterization which is what made the anime so special. I dont mind if it keeps true to the mangas story, but I hope at least its padded out so the characters just dont show up and are killed like the manga did at times.

It's fascinating that they are letting someone with such little experience write the show.
While I like the manga's storyline it doesn't really have any room to breathe for characterization which is what made the anime so special. I dont mind if it keeps true to the mangas story, but I hope at least its padded out so the characters just dont show up and are killed like the manga did at times.
I haven't read the manga. It was just a jab at Hito, as indicated by my edit.

I already posted about that, but no one seemed to noticed. Heh.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how the adaption ends up...and whether or not they'll change the artstyle to match the manga more. I'd also like to see a bit of Codename: Sailor V throw in there. Maybe some of the side stories...

I need to finish buying the manga...I actually haven't started reading it yet, despite having bought the first volume of the re-release back on release date just a little over two years ago. I guess I kinda wanted to collect it all before I started reading. Or maybe I'm just lazy. I don't know. Hah.

MikeMyers

Hitokage hasnt even shown up here yet.

I already posted about that, but no one seemed to noticed. Heh.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how the adaption ends up...and whether or not they'll change the artstyle to match the manga more. I'd also like to see a bit of Codename: Sailor V throw in there. Maybe some of the side stories...

I need to finish buying the manga...I actually haven't started reading it yet, despite having bought the first volume of the re-release back on release date just a little over two years ago. I guess I kinda wanted to collect it all before I started reading. Or maybe I'm just lazy. I don't know. Hah.

Get the manga then! I read the whole thing at once during the summer.

Shit, sorry.

It's cool. Maybe people will notice the news now. Hah.

Get the manga then! I read the whole thing at once during the summer.

I have the first half of it (1-6) and all of Codename: Sailor V. I've been tempted to order the box set that has 7-12 in it so I could finish it up in one go. Since I have a lot of Amazon credit, it'd cost me about the same as just getting one volume at regular price. The only reason I haven't ordered it yet is because I'm also tempted to get the S.H. Figuarts figures. Hah.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, seems like he liked the live action a lot.

I can't help but think it would be a lot better if it didn't have the silly sentai shenanigans, though that is part of the charm in a sordid kind of way.

The drama/characters are great though. My biggest complaint is Minako. Her being a sad character really doesn't add anything. Could have easily just thrown in Hotaru instead of performing character assassination.

Top Bottom