• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

samal bits for yurop

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand - find a supported country that sells prepaid cards (I assume they will be doing this, seemed to be implied by Albert in the 'MS explains' thread) - set your locale to this country then use the prepaid cards to buy whatever you want.

E.g. set locale to UK, buy UK prepaid XBL currency cards, use those to buy content.

Cheers mate. I thought with cash instead of points you couldn't get those cards. Seems good. Gonna be hard to get one here in dubai but fuck it I want killer instinct so bad.

From what I understand - find a supported country that sells prepaid cards (I assume they will be doing this, seemed to be implied by Albert in the 'MS explains' thread) - set your locale to this country then use the prepaid cards to buy whatever you want.

E.g. set locale to UK, buy UK prepaid XBL currency cards, use those to buy content.

To your point:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76585023&postcount=19

It's totally different.

First - all games are WW signed. Not all 360 games are.

Second - The console will work everywhere (keeping in mind Power Supplies)

Third - You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards... :)

You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)

Pretty much what region free is except for the Xlive purchases which is tied to your billing location. But if imported, you are free to use anywhere, anytime.

kuppy

These really are good news, nice region free laws.

Yes, it is standard to use 'she,' or alternate between both gendered pronouns. This is simply out of consideration because English does not have a proper gender-neutral pronoun.
Ah, thanks, sounded logical but good to hear a confirmation.

Geedorah

Wow! Balance from 360 migrates to XBO - that is great news I bet for people that were unsure if their funds would still be there!

Q: User can only sign in to console if her XLA locale is one of the launch countries, correct?
A: NOT CORRECT. User can sign in to Xbox One console if she has an XLA in any country we support XLA creation. Example: User in Egypt or Japan can sign in to their consoles using their Egypt or Japan XLA's.

Q: What happens if user's billing address is different than console locale?
A: She cannot purchase content. User has to have a valid billing address and payment instrument that matches to console locale. Example: User is in France, she sets her consolelocale to fr-FR and sees FR marketplace in French. But her billing address is in Germany. She cannot purchase content. She has to have a FR billing address with valid payment instrument.

So, using the example they have given, if someone in Japan purchased a console from Germany, they can still use the console and log in using their Japan account. But.. this is where it gets confusing. It seems like they only have a select number (13) of "locales" for their XBL info retrieval for the store. Does that mean that they would have to have one of those 13 locale addresses and billing address?

Can someone clarify?

So, using the example they have given, if someone in Japan purchased a console from Germany, they can still use the console and log in using their Japan account. But.. this is where it gets confusing. It seems like they only have a select number (13) of "locales" for their XBL info retrieval for the store. Does that mean that they would have to have one of those 13 locale addresses and billing address?

Can someone clarify?
You can live in Japan, buy a console from wherever, use your Japan XBL account.
When you want to buy content from a marketplace you either need a payment method from that locale, or, more conveniently, you can use your pre-paid credit.

airborn

I knew I was forgetting something! That's probably it! The power brick will be rated for different ampage too, right?
Yeah, the European standard is 220-240V.

Only the actual plug tends to be different between EU countries:

66969.jpg

Ardenyal

I wonder.. would you be able to put your billing address as McD from one of the supported countries and still be able to buy stuff from the store with your credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom