• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

samal bits for yurop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm33

Neo Member
Well, even though everything I've read online regarding Amazon says different, I will accept your anecdotal evidence.

I shouldn't have said "all". I should have said 99% of online retailers including XBL, which is the topic at hand, require your billing address to be your billing address. go figure

Again, you are wrong. It took my 5 year old address perfectly fine.

Myshkin

PAF. Wrong thread.

Less than a week now to get Sony's response. Predicting they will announce 1 million launch units for the forgotten-8 countries. And they will all be Knack bundles, guaranteeing Knack as a million seller!

can someone explain me this:
I understand my billing address need to match the region of my account and both must be in a supported country.
However, curently XBL allows you to declare a different address than your credit card, for example, you can fill the account information with any address to make it match the region of your account regardless the billing address of your credit card.
That is not the case of PSN that requires that the billing address you declare matchs your credit card billing address so you can't register a credit card from a different region.
Does the XB1 payment system will be like curent PSN or curent XBL?

p3tran

Banned
wow! hadn't seen this. CBOAT you are a beautiful thing you!

can someone explain me this:
basically, if you are not presently in a "tier 1 country", and you want a xbone, you can do it like this:

-use prepaid cards for all your (wannabe) xbox marketplace purchases, no credit card at all in xbox
-set your xbox console to locale of tier 1 country which language you understand better (ex. UK/USA)
-all GAMING stuff should be available, and system patches etc too.

KurowaSan

so... say I live in Spain and I want access to the Spanish marketplace, i won't be able to have the system language in English?

I'm not liking that at all. Games usually boot up in the language your system is configured, they rarely have ingame language settings, and I usually like playing games in English. It's gonna be a pain in the ass if I have to set up the locale to en-GB and live off prepaid cards.

test_account

XP-39C²
I hope that It's possible. I live in The Netherlands and the translations that MS uses for the Xbox 360 are bad and rather annoying.
I would assume that its possible to change dashboard language, but you never know :) Personally i prefer english on console OS as well.

OK, I read through the text and I am still not sure I understand.

Dead Rising 3 will be not released in Germany. Will I be able to play an imported version?

The French women who couldn't play her games on a German consoles made me a little bit nervous.

p3tran

Banned
OK, I read through the text and I am still not sure I understand.

Dead Rising 3 will be not released in Germany. Will I be able to play an imported version?

The French women who couldn't play her games on a German consoles made me a little bit nervous.

dead rising 3 will not be released in Germany, but since there is no ip-check for games,
I think you could play it in Germany and download DLC for it just by setting your locale to a country that hasnt censored dead rising 3.

wow! hadn't seen this. CBOAT you are a beautiful thing you!

basically, if you are not presently in a "tier 1 country", and you want a xbone, you can do it like this:

-use prepaid cards for all your (wannabe) xbox marketplace purchases, no credit card at all in xbox
-set your xbox console to locale of tier 1 country which language you understand better (ex. UK/USA)
-all GAMING stuff should be available, and system patches etc too.

Tbh, that explained it better than the much larger document.

moai

the important question for users in non supported countries is if paypal is allowed. that way you don't need a billing address that matches.
i hope you can transfer your live account entirely, with payment options included.

This is interesting. I already changed my account region to UK since I got fed up with the dual languages, horrible translations and untimely support of live events and more. For example the CoD multiplayer stream was unavailable in Sweden for quite a while for no reason at all. Also the whole E3 show-floor videos were never aired live here, only on demand a day later. So I just got fed the fuck up with the bullshit paying customers in non tier 1 countries have to put up with.

Good to see Xbox One will have a better way of handling all of this region stuff, unless the document is fake of course. (All hail the cult of cboat, lord and saviour...)

EagleEyes

Anybody know where CBOAT's thread about gamescom from last weekend went to? It's like it got totally erased or something. I was looking to post in it and this was the only one I could find lol.

NicolasVH

Neo Member
Can't I just add funds via Xbox.com with PayPal to my XBL account just like pre-paid cards and use those funds on a Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom