• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I was very confused when I went to play the latest episode of Samurai Jack on my DVR this morning only to be greeted with Rick & Morty. I enjoy Rick & Morty a lot, but man, that was a SERIOUS bummer.

So they cancel it next year then end play Family Guy on repeat and infomercials.

More likely we'd get The Room again. Or, if they're kind gods and want to keep Toonami around they'll do what they did a few years back and throw a VHS filter and bad fansubs over all the shows.

Man fuck Adult Swim, fuck Rick & Morty. It's been fifteen years, screw your toilet humor shock value nerdcore and give me my meticulously animated and stylized samurai drama.

FUCK APRIL FOOLS.

Swig_

I've never seen Samurai Jack. Is season 5 something that I can just start watching, or would I need the backstory for the original seasons?

Zubz

Banned
I'm happy to have new Rick & Morty.

Jack will be back next week.

Ditto. It just means we get to savor the return of Samurai Jack longer, right? While Rick & Morty fans also get a surprise premiere!

You people are being Rick-diculous.

Jocund

RICK AND MORTY CAN-- YOU KNOW, THEY CAN-- THEY CAN FUCK OFF, YOU KNOW! JUST, JUST FUCK RIGHT OFF! FUCK 'EM, DON'T-- DON'T NEED 'EM ANYHOW! FUCK, YOU JUST-- YOU TAKE RICK AND MORTY AND YOU JUST, JUST CANCEL THEM RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?! JUST TAKE BOTH AND DROP THEM IN THE FUCKIN' TRASH.

THEY DON'T NEED THAT SAUCE

NO ONE DOES

Zubz

Banned
this is more disturbing that cute considering he dropped her to her death and in here he has that fucking smile lmao

I mean,
the description for the next intro shows they'll at least be working together. They're almost certainly going to warm up to each other over time

What's funny are all the art made before Ep2 and 3 that has Jack save and adopts the daughters.

Little did they know

Man, I love it when fanart completely misjudges what a show is about to do with certain characters.

RICK AND MORTY CAN-- YOU KNOW, THEY CAN-- THEY CAN FUCK OFF, YOU KNOW! JUST, JUST FUCK RIGHT OFF! FUCK 'EM, DON'T-- DON'T NEED 'EM ANYHOW! FUCK, YOU JUST-- YOU TAKE RICK AND MORTY AND YOU JUST, JUST CANCEL THEM RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?! JUST TAKE BOTH AND DROP THEM IN THE FUCKIN' TRASH.

THEY DON'T NEED THAT SAUCE

NO ONE DOES

I need that sauce, Jocund. Tartovsky's done a lot for all of us, but at the end of the day it's just art. Roiland & Harmon made an entire show as a front to bring back that sweet, sweet Szechuan Mulan Dipping Sauce.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I finally got round to watching the 3 episodes of season 5, it's like Samurai Jack was never taken off air. :'D :'D

Still not sold on Aku new voice actor but I am hoping that he grow on me over time.

I've never seen Samurai Jack. Is season 5 something that I can just start watching, or would I need the backstory for the original seasons?

While I recommend watching season 1-4, they are great with no bad episode, you can just watch the first 3 episode and the "birth of evil" two parter and then jump into season 5.

tumblr_on3jolEYqC1rd83duo1_500.jpg

Holy shit.

There's no real holy shit, that seems like a huge leap to connect the two. Unless it's revealed the samurai is a badass ally. But it's not like those shots have any direct reference, they're fairly standard

Veelk

Banned
So I'm rewatching Samurai Jack, and they have the 32nd episode. In it, Jack finds another time portal, but he has to beat the gaurdian to proceed. Jack doesn't. He actually gets his ass kicked rather soundly.

Then the Guardian says that Jack can't go through the portal...not yet. And then it shows this:

Jack has the beard. What do you think the chances of Gendy actually making good on his prophecy?

While it might be cool from a continuity standpoint, I don't think it fits the tone season 5 has decided to go for. This vision of Jack has him as a warrior king of a kind. I think by the time he's defeated Aku and everything, war will be the last thing he wants to do.

-Deimos

So I'm rewatching Samurai Jack, and they have the 32nd episode. In it, Jack finds another time portal, but he has to beat the gaurdian to proceed. Jack doesn't. He actually gets his ass kicked rather soundly.

Then the Guardian says that Jack can't go through the portal...not yet. And then it shows this:

Jack has the beard. What do you think the chances of Gendy actually making good on his prophecy?

While it might be cool from a continuity standpoint, I don't think it fits the tone season 5 has decided to go for. This vision of Jack has him as a warrior king of a kind. I think by the time he's defeated Aku and everything, war will be the last thing he wants to do.

Just watched that episode the other day and I was thinking the same thing. It needs to happen.

Neoxon

It's the only time portal that Aku didn't know about. So if they're gonna give Jack the win, they'll have to address the Guardian somehow.

NEO0MJ

I'll be so, so disappointed if the guardian doesn't show up in some form. This was probably my most memorable episode from the show.

cntr

Banned
Genndy said that the Guardian "will be acknowledged", though he didn't say how important he was going to be

Seesaw15

At this point 0%. The IDW comic series covered what could lead up to a Warrior King Jack future and Genndy said the comics aren't cannon. In order to make the Guardians Prophecy true they'd have to undo the Jacks never aging thing and do another time jump and I can't see the show doing that at this point.

-Deimos

Finally finished marathoning the original series, the final episodes were pretty great, especially Tale of X-49.

I was expecting the Daughters to put up more of a fight, it kind of caught me off guard how easily Jack slaughtered them all. Ashi's obviously going to survive though and I'm kinda hoping that wolf makes a return.

It'd be crazy if the high priestess turned out to be Princess Mira still pissed about that failed ambush on Jack

PAWxXk6.gif

We already know who she is.

tenor.gif

RRockman

Banned
Y'know, if Jack completes his goals then those girls never died in the first place. All of Aku's wrongs would have never happened. I just hope he doesn't get too attached to Arashi. But seems like that's where this series is going....

Y'know, if Jack completes his goals then those girls never died in the first place. All of Aku's wrongs would have never happened. I just hope he doesn't get too attached to Arashi. But seems like that's where this series is going....
Depends if you go with the split timeline or single timeline time travel theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom