• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So about the Ashi army fight thing. Maybe the human characters in Samrurai Jack are kinda like the human vs orcs in LOTR. Humans have been shown to be stronger and way better at fighting than orcs. So maybe its like that?

She was trained to fight the greatest warrior of all time and win, why is her beating an army so crazy? Jack does it all the time and she was trained to kill him, so it follows she should be able to beat an army too.

Hell, the Scotsman was the only human on Jack's level before this. Well, other than his wife (who is the GOAT).

A-V-B

She was trained to fight the greatest warrior of all time and win, why is her beating an army so crazy? Jack does it all the time and she was trained to kill him, so it follows she should be able to beat an army too.

Hell, the Scotsman was the only human on Jack's level before this. Well, other than his wife (who is the GOAT).

speaking of the Scotsman, wtf happened to THAT plotline? Shows up randomly at the beginning of the episode, and then it all just disappears. I presume it'll come back, but damn that was a weird place to put it.

Fj0823

Cuz she's a girl dude! Girls don't win fights.

Ashi was shown to have been through years of training starting from the moment she was born. It is absolutely believable that she can be an OP badass in this universe. Just like Jack.

Unlike a certain other female character who's instantly the bestest at everything in her Universe...

caliph95

Cuz she's a girl dude! Girls don't win fights.

Ashi was shown to have been through years of training starting from the moment she was born. It is absolutely believable that she can be an OP badass in this universe. Just like Jack.

Unlike a certain other female character who's instantly the bestest at everything in her Universe...
If you are talking about who i think you are talking about please not bring that discussion here

NEO0MJ

Don't listen to him FJ...

tenor.gif

Fj0823

The funny thing is that I was initially thinking about Bella Swan, the best most beautiful and powerful vampire ever. I'm powering through that shit in exchange for my GF reading Harry Potter.
The worst part is that she hasn't read Twilight at all, she just wants to see me suffer for coming up with the challenge

But the fact you both thought about the same character says a lot. :p

Anyways, derailing aside I stand by my point. Ashi had a training montage just like Jack's, if that was enouth for us to buy Jack's OP bs it should also apply for Ashi.

caliph95

The funny thing is that I was initially thinking about Bella Swan, the best most beautiful and powerful vampire ever. I'm powering through that shit in exchange for my GF reading Harry Potter.

We just a had a thread relating to a certain franchise so my mind was on that.
And yes Ashi is not bella

Xe4

Banned
The worst part is that she hasn't read Twilight at all, she just wants to see me suffer for coming up with the challenge

Anyways, derailing aside I stand by my point. Ashi had a training montage just like Jack's, if that was enouth for us to buy Jack's OP bs it should also apply for Ashi.

Good save ; )
I don't think there's a single person on this forum not sick of *that* topic.

kewlmyc

Enjoyed the episode, but yeah, I felt the way Jack magically got his robes and wizard hat sword back was kinda lackluster. Oh well, Ashi was cool this episode.

I think it's more or less to save time as the season doesn't have a ton of episodes.

I would've loved a big ol' journey to reclaim the sword, but the tea making scene was pretty cool.

dankir

Man you guys complain about everything. The episode was great.

Do we know if the final episode will also be 22 minutes long or longer?

Zubz

Banned
Fun fact: having criticism on how silly a scene looked doesn't mean you are a hater or are sexist. I don't understand these leaps

Some of the arguments against these scenes are genuinely sexist, though. lest we forget that "Genndy cucked us with Ashii" post a few pages back. People are just on edge about that.

I thought it was fine. She's trained to kill Jack & proven herself competent enough to do so. Plus the first wave she literally just barged them using a meat shield/ram through on a narrow path on a mountain's edge, so I totally buy that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just realized.

Scaramouche is gonna tell Aku Jack lost the sword only for Jack to show up like 5 minutes later with the sword.

That scene is gonna be something.

Veelk

Banned
Wait, so is that how Jack kept finding a new Kimono everytime it got destroyed in the first series? He just regrew it from divine prayer?

Some of the arguments against these scenes are genuinely sexist, though. lest we forget that "Genndy cucked us with Ashii" post a few pages back. People are just on edge about that.

I thought it was fine. She's trained to kill Jack & proven herself competent enough to do so. Plus the first wave she literally just barged them using a meat shield/ram through on a narrow path on a mountain's edge, so I totally buy that.
I don't even know what that word means in this context. Crazy.

Xe4

Banned
Yet he spent an entire episode looking for new shoes.

He spent an entire episode completely naked as well, to be fair.

Really looking forward to tonight's episode as well. We haven't had a tens, against the wall episode in a while, and I think this can fit the bill well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom