• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapinn

Neo Member
Damn. The new TV-MA rating sure was shown off. Overall, the premiere was amazing and and I'm really hyped for the rest of season 5.

Anung

Un Rama
Damn. The new TV-MA rating sure was shown off. Overall, the premiere was amazing and and I'm really hyped for the rest of season 5.

Definitely more adult but I'm glad it didn't feel like it abandoned any of the character or humour the OG show had. Felt like pure Cartoon Network in places.

Voror

What is up with that mysterious warrior on the horse with the antlers? I don't think it's Aku, so is it some foe that caused that incident where he lost his sword?

This first episode...

0fb.png

Toad.T

Banned
So according to the credits, we skipped
episodes. I can totally see them doing a midquel series if this does well.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
That was everything I wanted and more. Jesus, Genndy, you knocked it out of the park.

The way we learned so much about the girls just from a series of brief scenes was incredible. Great storytelling that really helps give them character and personality, and gives the audience a lot of understanding into their mindsets and actions.

zeemumu

Ahhh, it aired somewhere already? Just came on

Aired on Adult Swim's stream about just before the TV airdate.

So, I'm thinking
Jack ended up in some situation where he was 100% guaranteed a portal back home, that phantom horseman fucked him up, he lost the sword and the way back, and barely escaped with his life, and with the only means of defeating Aku seemingly gone and what he perceived to be the last portal to the past destroyed by Aku, he's trying to fix what he can in his present time but can't shake the feeling of failure pursuing him in his PTSD, and he's got to live with that as a curse because he no longer ages and is forced to watch the world around him degrade to Aku's influence. So we're in a future where Aku has even more total victory than he did before

Nikodemos

It's hard to believe they've been ~14 years out of practice with this show. They haven't lost a step. God damn.

Yep, didn't miss a beat. It's like Season 4 only ended last year. Easy to see why Tartakovsky loves it the most out of all his animated projects.

Zubz

Banned
Man, that call back to the original theme song felt so forced. Otherwise, this is definitely like the original outside of
the implied blood sacrifice

zeemumu

Toonami started airing it early.

Man, that was Samurai Jack alright.

Also, Speuler:
is Aku missing as well
? That's what
the Headmistress implied during the training sequences.

The
Scatssassin called Aku on the phone and he answered so I think he's still active. I think the stuff with the seven assassins takes place in the past and that's why they were able to timeskip through their training.

Maybe Jack actually beat Aku in this time but needed to back to defeat him in the past to make sure that all of the corruption was undone, and during the time that he was looking for a way back, those assassins were trained, Aku was resurrected, and Jack lost his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom