• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Diego Comic-Con 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr stroke said:
why not move Comic Con to Vegas?

Their contract with San Diego expires in 2012. Don't know if they want to leave because they've been founded by San Diegans and have stayed there for over 40 years.

Tickets for next year will be sold out before this year's convention is over. Should move or expand the convention center again.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Let's be honest, the best thing to happen at Comic-Con this year was Beavis & Butt-head. I welcome the return of the Great Cornholio.

Fletcher

DoctorWho said:
friskykillface said:
I wish i could go :( someday
I don't anymore. The whole thing is too bloated. You spend most of the time lining up for shit.

I've been going for the past 10 years and even I'm contemplating not going next year. They have pressured everyone into thinking they won't get anything or what they want. This has made all of the lines retarded.

LetsGoKiting said:
Their contract with San Diego expires in 2012. Don't know if they want to leave because they've been founded by San Diegans and have stayed there for over 40 years.

Tickets for next year will be sold out before this year's convention is over. Should move or expand the convention center again.

they will most likely move to L.A. after next year

Cherubae

LetsGoKiting said:

Their contract has been renewed until 2015.

I'm not sure were they would go if they moved. The San D Convention Center is huge and doesn't fit everything as it is. Last year there were exhibits spilling into the hotels next door because there wasn't room for them in the con. The LA Convention Center is way too small.

Nightz

Request to my fellow GAFfers attending CC: if any of you can get me one of these at the Kidrobot or Capcom booth, I'll be your best friend forever! I can Paypal you some moneys for your help. :)

kidrobot-mini-evil-ryu-SDCC.jpg

Feep

Banned
About to head over...

For reference, the ONLY convention center big enough for Comic Con within a thousand miles is the Anaheim Convention Center, but the area surrounding sucks. As crowded as it is, Gaslamp is really fun at night.

G-Fex

I liked it before it went all mainstream

Suddenly every fucking media outlet is covering it, pfft get out of here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LetsGoKiting said:

They don't sell even close to all the tickets at the con itself and even if it hadn't been extended, there isn't a bigger place to go

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
bengraven said:
Comic-con to Orlando or Jacksonville. GO!
Its already been extended to 2015 pending the upcoming expansion.

bengraven

Angry Grimace said:
Its already been extended to 2015 pending the upcoming expansion.

Eh, I'll be gone by then.

Also:

1922591-img_4583_super.jpg

Looks a ton like my friend and his wife (if she dyed her hair and dared to wear revealing latex). I sent that pic to mutual friends and now they're giving him shit.

bengraven

mNkBZ.jpg

Wow, has there ever been a bigger disparity between talent and hack?

Is there a pic of Kim Newman and Stephanie Meyers anywhere maybe?

bengraven said:
On the left, George RR Martin (Song of Ice and Fire). On the right, Christopher Paolini (Eragon). In the middle...I don't know, some fucking guy.

I'm going to recast them as Santa Claus, Robert Downey Jr as lesbian and froggy from Revenge of the nerds.

Foob

bengraven said:
On the left, George RR Martin (Song of Ice and Fire). On the right, Christopher Paolini (Eragon). In the middle...I don't know, some fucking guy.
bet those guys are thanking their lucky stars to be in the presence of paolini

Mazer Rackham said:
they will most likely move to L.A. after next year
So you go from a large convention center with great downtown location and hotel capacity to a large convention center with shitty downtown location and smaller hotel capacity... Yeah that'll work.

I live in LA and I say hellz no. The only city with the right capacity is in fact, Las Vegas.

Angry Grimace

Shogmaster said:
So you go from a large convention center with great downtown location and hotel capacity to a large convention center with shitty downtown location and smaller hotel capacity... Yeah that'll work.

I live in LA and I say hellz no. The only city with the right capacity is in fact, Las Vegas.
Its a moot argument in the first place and the con doesn't think Vegas is an appropriate venue even if they were moving.

Alcander

I posted this in another thread but our app - Guidebook - has a guide for comic-con listed.

We are formerly Conventionist, for those who might have used us at PAX, etc.

If you are at the con, give it a try! We keep it up to date with the comic-con official schedule.

iPhone/Android/Bberry/More via: http://guidebookapp.com/getit

Screenies!

bengraven

sarcastor said:
1922585-img_4404_super.jpg

so who paid these girls to be there? there's no way in hell those chicks are there of their own volition

They're not that cute actually. Average. How bizarre is it to think they'd be there of their own volition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom