• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Jessica Parker sure isn't looking good again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, sure. Again, I did not mean to suggest that every single guy in the WWE was considered ugly, nor that every single girl would find very bulky guys ugly.

It's a general rule. If you need studies to prove this, I can find them; we've known for quite a while that girls tend to think guys like skinnier girls than men actually do, and guys tend to think girls like bulkier men than woman actually do.

For emphasis: all of those are in aggregate observations. Of course there are guys that prefer very lean, petite women, just as there are girls who like very muscular men.

I understand what you are trying to say. It just comes down to how people define "bulky".

Do you really have nothing better to do than sit around spewing hatred? Why don't you post a pic of yourself so we can point out all of your flaws op?

lenovox1

Do you really have nothing better to do than sit around spewing hatred? Why don't you post a pic of yourself so we can point out all of your flaws op?

When he becomes a public figure, I'm sure he'll get right on that.

Besides, that's nothing compared to what Michael K. of Dlisted said about her.

Harper's Bazaar China must've decided that looking human is so out for March and it's all about looking like a dragon alien who covered itself in wax and the manes of a dozen horses. The headline already gives away who this is, but if I told you this was a feline pony alien from Pandora who has come to earth to make us humans its slaves, you'd probably just shrug and welcome our new feline pony alien overlords. This seriously looks like something straight out of the mind of James Cameron. Harper's Bazaar China used and broke every damn copy of Photoshop they had. If I stare at it long enough, it doesn't even look like a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker taken with an actual camera. It looks like a caricature portrait of a Thundercat sketched by one of those sidewalk artists.

I don't know what's going to haunt my nightmares more: the way her Photoshopped face is looking at us like "I will stick your soul in a feed bag and nibble on it slowly" or her claw. The hell did they to her pinky? Harper's Bazaar China hates human and they really hate pinkies.

http://dlisted.com/2013/02/18/photoshop-awards-sarah-jessica-parker-harpers-bazaar-china

I thought it was a pretty good makeup job, so I thought his comments were little harsh. But you can't deny that she's giving us some Thundercats realness in that photo.

Opiate

Speaking generally, I've also observed that people who like unusual features often are especially and powerfully attracted to those unusual features.

For example, consider large tattoos (that is, not just a butterfly on an ankle, but perhaps a sleeve or other major surface). Many people dislike large tattoos, no surprise there. But others like them very much -- so much so that people who might otherwise be unattractive to them become prime dating material.

That same basic idea plays out in a variety of other cases; men who like very large butts on women, for example, are often very vocal about their preferences. Or men who like obese women don't just like them, but often actively prefer them very strongly.

There's really no way to know precisely why this occurs, but as an economist my first instinct is to apply game theory. If you are attracted to, let's say, a Kate Upton type, we are implicitly aware that this is the "Generic" type that hundreds of millions of men will agree is pretty and will also be interested in. By contrast, if you prefer a girl like Lisbeth from Girl with Dragon Tattoo, you will be implicitly aware that this is more of a niche, and that the pool of men interested in such a unique aesthetic will be considerably smaller than the pool interested in Kate Upton.

Without ever consciously making this choice, I suspect this has a significant effect on us. Consider what it would be like if you found a girl that you felt was incredibly gorgeous but literally everyone else felt was ugly. This would give you an extreme advantage, and you'd have a much better shot with this uniquely pretty girl than you would with a generically pretty girl like Kate Upton.

Ithil

Speaking generally, most men expect women to like heavier / more muscled men than they actually do. This doesn't mean women want scrawny, boney men mind you; nor does it mean that literally zero women want professional bodybuilders. It's a general trend, not an absolute rule. I would probably point to a lot of WWE wrestlers that men here probably think are totally manly looking but which the vast majority of women would not find very attractive.

A fairly insane number of WWE wrestlers have large female followings.

Opiate

A fairly insane number of WWE wrestlers have large female followings.

I can think of very few rich, famous, powerful men who don't. Again, if you need studies to prove what I'm talking about, I can find plenty.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00224540009600485

Abstract said:
The women guessed that the men preferred shapes thinner than those that they actually reported....The men guessed that the women preferred shapes bulkier than those that they actually indicated

http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.1993.76.3c.1155

Article said:
media promoted body types highlighted stereotypical male muscularity and female leanness

There are plenty more if needed. And again, for emphasis: this does not mean that no women want a very muscular partner. Some do, and some prefer them overwhelmingly to any other male body type. It just doesn't represent the average preference.

I can think of very few rich, famous, powerful men who don't. Again, if you need studies to prove what I'm talking about, I can find plenty.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00224540009600485

http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.1993.76.3c.1155

There are plenty more if needed. And again, for emphasis: this does not mean that no women want a very muscular partner. Some do, and some prefer them overwhelmingly to any other male body type. It just doesn't represent the average preference.

Based on my exposure to girlgaf and irl women I'm in the minority preferring big hulking dudes quite often. Most of them prefer a build that's toned but not bulky. Like Brad Pitt in his prime or something.

I watched Striking Distance the other day and was overwhelmed by the fact that she looked mostly human. She still wasn't stunning, but I far prefer her before she had all that (horrible) work done.

It's all been downhill for her since Flight of the Navigator. What a shame.

g1a285N.jpg

I can't be the only person that would totally have sex with her. Sure she's pretty scary now but hocus pocus, early sex in the city SJP, totally. She always had a pretty great body.

I also find it weird how it's an acceptable running joke (not just on the internet) to make fun of her looks. Double standard /whiteknight)

Bombadil

Banned
I can't be the only person that would totally have sex with her. Sure she's pretty scary now but hocus pocus, early sex in the city SJP, totally. She always had a pretty great body.

I also find it weird how it's an acceptable running joke (not just on the internet) to make fun of her looks. Double standard /whiteknight)

Son, her chin is running away from her face.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If we are allowed to make various horse jokes about SJP, then this means all the other celebrities/famous people are fair game too, right GAF?

Ithil

Of course, according to that Sex and the City prequel, she's apparently supposed to turn from this:

7qiyr6M.jpg

to this:
jbuLK9CCRhFxSH.jpg

Someone even made one of those "At first I was..." pictures for it

tino

Banned
If we are allowed to make various horse jokes about SJP, then this means all the other celebrities/famous people are fair game too, right GAF?

Well I made fun of Anne Hathaway's eyes and Evilore promptly locked my thread.

SJP OTOH, is a fucking free for all.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The weird thing about SJP is women think she's beautiful. Like every chick I've meet thinks she's hot. I knew a girl that looked like her and told her as much. She was "Wow! Thanks!" I didn't tell her how I felt about SJC of course.

it's true! so bizarre.

akira28

The weird thing about SJP is women think she's beautiful. Like every chick I've meet thinks she's hot. I knew a girl that looked like her and told her as much. She was "Wow! Thanks!" I didn't tell her how I felt about SJC of course.

All it took was millions of dollars spent by HBO. Millions and millions of dollars.

She was cute when she was young tho, real talk.

I really don't think we do. I've always thought she was unfortunate looking even in her Sex and the City days.

True that. Do we have a male equivalent of SJP to this effect?

I've never heard women talk about Ryan Gosling or John Hamm the way half of Gaf does. Neither are particularly special looking.

Also, I quite like large muscular dudes but most of my girlfriends don't seem to share my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom