• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satellite Reign (Kickstarter) - Spiritual sequel to Syndicate Wars by orig. creator

Ubersnug

I agree, most £ kickstarters falter. Not being able to use Amazon payments is a huge issue.

Agreed, I think not being able to use Amazon payments is a huge issue for our fellow pledgers in America and what not. It sSeems to put ALOT of people off pledging.

I don't follow Kickstarter campaigns that closely, but I've backed this and two others before it. The other two seemed to limp along more slowly than Satellite Reign before both they both made it with a late push.

Hopefully this gets a second wind too because it sounds really, really cool.

FoxSpirit

We have a schedule release information to keep things flowing.

We put up a new "Meet the" for the Hacker today...

MeetTheHacker.jpg

Full feature on the update
Really nice, looks tough as nails. Also liked how you evolved from the original concept and then dropped the "eeeek, girl pose from the later". Though I liked it better with her deck in her hand than on her hip. Right now it's a tad smallish. Maybe for later upgrades, that thing should express "processing power far, faaaaaar beyond your consumer stuff".

Though I'm hoping for it to even just to make its initial goal, really wish it could reach that $666K stretch goal.

Part of the reason the new XCOM has such satisfying combat is the environmental destruction.

disap.ed

I agree, most £ kickstarters falter. Not being able to use Amazon payments is a huge issue.

+1. Personally the £ don't allow me to pledge (whyever, don't have problems with my credit card anywhere else).

It really is a shame :(

If they make it and Paypal will be allowed I am sure this will mean a number of stretch goals will be met (at least the 400.000£ one).
Just make sure that the Paypal link will be on the KS page!

wetwired

Came to post our gameplay video but you beat me to it. :p

We will indeed be opening up the option to back via Paypal. We just haven't decided when, whether we wait til it's looking likely we'll reach the goal or when we actually do reach it.

The benefit of waiting til it actually does reach it's goal is we'll likely get press from reaching our goal, which in turn would hopefully have something like "SR reaches it's goal, opens up paypal"

Otherwise I don't know how we'll get the word out about the PayPal being opened up, non-backers don't get out updates emailed to them and they're the people we need to reach with the news.

Even if the KS gets funded, it's a shame we won't get most of those targets - especially the environemental destruction. Can't be a proper sequel to Syndicate Wars without the environemental destruction.

I do hope most of those targets will find their way via DLC.

Labadal

We will indeed be opening up the option to back via Paypal. We just haven't decided when, whether we wait til it's looking likely we'll reach the goal or when we actually do reach it.

The benefit of waiting til it actually does reach it's goal is we'll likely get press from reaching our goal, which in turn would hopefully have something like "SR reaches it's goal, opens up paypal"

Otherwise I don't know how we'll get the word out about the PayPal being opened up, non-backers don't get out updates emailed to them and they're the people we need to reach with the news.

You're making a big mistake, imho. A lot of people only do PayPal payments for Kickstarter.

wetwired

You're making a big mistake, imho. A lot of people only do PayPal payments for Kickstarter.

The risk of opening it up too early is that people would pledge using PayPal and not kickstarter, PayPal pledges do not go towards the Kickstarter total, so we run the risk of not actually reaching our goal on Kickstarter, which means we get nothing and have money sitting in PayPal that could have pushed us over the line.

wetwired

New "Meet the" for the Soldier Agent...
MeetTheSoldier.jpg

There comes a time where negotiations fail, when propaganda falls on deaf ears and when covert tactics are ineffective. At that time, when you just need something blown up, shot up or broken up, you need your heavy hitter, your front line, your grunt....you need the Soldier Agent.

Just point the Soldier at who or what you need annihilated and watch the chaos ensue. Mini-guns, tactical nuke launchers, grenades, armour piercing rifles and plasma shotguns are but a small taste of the banquet of death the Soldier has on offer. Just make sure your Soldier is heavily armoured before sending them into battle, if they’re going to be your front line you'll want them to be able to take a pounding as well as dish one out. The Soldier Agents will play along if you want to sneak quietly in the back door in a covert operation, equipped with a more stealthy assortment of weaponry they'll certainly play the part, but they’re not going to like it and they'll be chomping at the bit for the opportunity to make something big turn into lots of smaller pieces.

Where the Soldier Agent really shines however is in their unique abilities. The Heavy Hitter ability gives them a temporary increase in accuracy and rate of fire but at a reduced movement speed, which massively multiplies the damage they can cause in one area. However, not all of their abilities are used for their own benefit. The Intimidation ability suppresses nearby enemies into cover, allowing your other agents to flank them. This ability also comes in handy when negotiating costs of weaponry on the black market or for bribing people for information or access codes to restricted networks.

Whether you prefer to use them as your bulldog on a leash, intimidating the enemy and citizens into submission, or unleashing the wild animal to do what they love best, making things go boom, the Soldier Agent is one piece of your arsenal you can’t live without.

IcyEyes

I didn't just like Syndicate, I totally adored that game so I really REALLY hope the project gets funded (pledged on day 1 :)).
The idea is great and the people behind it really seem to know what it takes. The concept art and vids so far are pretty cool, great mood and atmosphere, I really looking forward to playing this game!!!

IcyEyes

Even if the KS gets funded, it's a shame we won't get most of those targets - especially the environemental destruction. Can't be a proper sequel to Syndicate Wars without the environemental destruction.

I do hope most of those targets will find their way via DLC.

I totally agree with you.
Environmental destruction would be an *awesome* feature.

Labadal

The risk of opening it up too early is that people would pledge using PayPal and not kickstarter, PayPal pledges do not go towards the Kickstarter total, so we run the risk of not actually reaching our goal on Kickstarter, which means we get nothing and have money sitting in PayPal that could have pushed us over the line.
Fair enough. I guess I will have to wait until that option is available.

FoxSpirit

Don't forget you can keep PayPal open after the project has funded to reach for the stretchgoals. Remaining hopeful there .

FACE

Banned

Open the PayPal option after the kickstarter has reached its goal, that's what inXile did for both their projects.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow, I kind of can't believe this hasn't met its goal yet (trending graph above gives some hope, but that seems awfully close for what I thought was a shoe-in). I wasn't planning on pledging because I never really played the original Syndicate games much, but this does look cool and I might have to jump in to try and help push it over the edge.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea for all the shit EA got for making Syndicate into a shooter I figured this kickstarter would be a hit.

I am disappoint PC gamers.

FACE

Banned
Yea for all the shit EA got for making Syndicate into a shooter I figured this kickstarter would be a hit.

Kickstarters from the UK usually struggle to reach their goal, apparently not being able to use Amazon for payments is a huge deal for people.

epmode

Eh, I did my part. It's either the UK thing or Syndicate just don't have much sway these days.

The stuff he's saying about simulated worlds makes me really happy, BTW. Some of my favorite games lean heavily on the simulation side but that sort of thing is largely ignored today. Thankfully, the independent guys are getting back into it with stuff like Prison Architect and Maia.

FoxSpirit

Kickstarters from the UK usually struggle to reach their goal, apparently not being able to use Amazon for payments is a huge deal for people.
I wonder why??

And if this is a known issue, they should have tried to organise a funding via the US -_-

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Do people think this isn't going to make it?

It's going to make it.

It'll make it, but the game they are describing in their pitch is not going to get made for the money they are asking for. This needed to blow it's goals away.

gabbo

Wow, I kind of can't believe this hasn't met its goal yet (trending graph above gives some hope, but that seems awfully close for what I thought was a shoe-in). I wasn't planning on pledging because I never really played the original Syndicate games much, but this does look cool and I might have to jump in to try and help push it over the edge.

I'm in the same boat.

Top Bottom