• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAVAGE EMPIRE Kickstarter! [UPDATE: FULLY FUNDED! 24 Hours Left!]

Jawmuncher

This project is more than just a Graphic Novel. The success of this can pave the way to a new game as well. Check out the kickstarter and this thread.
If any of it sounds interesting you consider backing the project! Information from the previous thread can be found here

New 150CAD (120USD)Tier Added!

June 24 Newest Concept Art - 7 days to go!
imaged8xgl.jpg

imagexzzzm.jpg

imageo7apa.jpg

imagevtxcb.jpg
image36a62.jpg

June 22 - 10 days to go! Help back this project and help Savage Empire hit the finish line!

New interview up http://blacknerdproblems.com/site/the-carcosa-interview-timothy-lewinson/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.19.2015 - Art Goal Reached!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1096532653/savage-empire/posts/1269127

6 achievements have been unlocked (YouTube subscribers, Twitter followers and RTs, funding and Facebook) which means the first art goal has been reached!

All backers will receive mobile and desktop wallpaper renditions of "PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY" in multiple resolutions at the end of the campaign.

YLqzjPp.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.14.2015 - 1P vs 2P Podcast interview on Savage Empire and game development
http://www.1pvs2p.com/

RarpGgm.png

6.9.2015 - New update introducing Reyka Gray.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1096532653/savage-empire/posts/1258818

Newest Update!(6/5/2015)
Today, Likes To Fight Studios is pleased to announce that SAVAGE EMPIRE, the Vancouver-based graphic novel currently being funded on Kickstarter (http://savageempire.org) is incorporating a new reward for all backers starting immediately.

Chris Bourassa, (@bourassaart) Creative Director and artist of the Kickstarter-backed game DARKEST DUNGEON, will be creating a new piece of artwork only for SAVAGE EMPIRE project backers, drawn in the inimitable DARKEST DUNGEON art style.

Tim Lewinson, writer of SAVAGE EMPIRE, said, “DARKEST DUNGEON was a crowdfunding inspiration, not just for Vancouver studios, but game studios worldwide. I was proud to be a backer and it’s great to see their dream come to fruition. Having seen Chris’ amazing work firsthand when we were colleagues at Propaganda Games, accepting his offer to bring the visuals of DARKEST DUNGEON over to SAVAGE EMPIRE was a no-brainer. Chris’ support is appreciated and I can’t wait to see our characters drawn with his distinctive style.”

Bourassa said, “It's great to have an opportunity to support an ex-coworker and fellow Vancouver-based Kickstarter campaign – I’m looking forward to contributing an amazing piece for SAVAGE EMPIRE backers!”

SAVAGE EMPIRE is "Jurassic Park" meets "Black Hawk Down" in graphic novel format. The story is one of a massive earthquake in the Los Angeles area, triggered by government experiments with time travel. As portals open to ancient worlds, the original apex predators enter our time, and the leader of a rescue squad must balance her responsibilities inside the danger zone against the presence of a mysterious mercenary assigned to her team.

Last Update - Click Here

Be sure to help out with the community achievements!
98b91e4399bd1519a01c7sis5c.png

A massive earthquake has shattered the West Coast, tearing a large swathe of California coastline free. At the quake's epicenter, pulsing energy portals appear - random gateways to another world. Through these portals, ancient creatures reclaim their territory, killing indiscriminately and acting as harbingers of an even more malevolent force in the Pacific.

A crack squad led by a high-ranking wetworks operative goes behind the lines to retrieve the technology that holds the key...and control the personnel responsible. The catch? This team is also the reluctant handler for one Non-State Actor - a man with his own agenda, with a drive and commitment far beyond the means of most.

What happens when conflicting goals collide with the desire to dominate the natural order? What happens when two apex predators clash in the City of Angels?

The Savage world lies exposed. Welcome to the Empire.

In the year 2018, the Big One finally triggers in Southern California. The magnitude of the quake not only kills hundreds of thousands of people, but has actually caused a large portion of the SoCal area to fall and crumble into the Pacific. What little that remains is hanging on to the mainland by a thread, and a massive island has now appeared 30 miles south of San Clemente Islands, in disputed waters between Mexico and the United States. Martial law is declared and the government immediately begins to lie to its citizens, stating that rescue efforts are underway but keeping a 20 mile buffer area clear between the jagged remnants of coastline and the rest of the country.
ccbc3a5ed1fb9992abd25p5j18.png

Government military agencies have been experimenting with time travel and energy at two hidden facilities in Angeles National Forest and Topanga State Park, accidentally triggering the quake and worse, opening a series of rifts between our time and another.

Dinosaurs - the original apex predators - are now flooding through these massive rifts as they open and close along the broken coastline. The Angeles National Forest team was wiped out completely, and the Topanga Team's last transmission was from Ground Zero of the quake.

Now a crack team of commandos has been sent into the zone to back up an "off the books" asset named REEVES who is unequaled at finding those who can't or don't want to be found. The leader of the wetworks unit, REYKA GRAY, has one job - ensure that REEVES performs his.
69e579183aef0e763bd21f5utr.png

After suffering a grievous injury, REEVES comes away with access to a new set of incredible powers. Abilities that put him on a collision course with GRAY, her team and the authorities. A new conflict breaks out against the backdrop of a new natural order...established by ancient beasts hell-bent on reclaiming their territory.

The answers lie on a new island birthed in the Pacific...

The team has a full script and a completed 8 page Prologue Edition, and we're asking for your help to illustrate and colour the full 64 page story. Come and share this epic journey with us!

Com_Raven

Probably need a mod to save the title (damn, I feel witty now).

Will probably back it- any KS that has a tier named "Life will find a way" should be supported!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
so excited! so tired! I think I've had 3 hours sleep over the last two days.

Thanks for the support, guys.

kulapik

Interesting that you went with the backer achievements system Bloodstained has. Wonder if it will become a standard on future kickstarters, along with stretch goals.

Jawmuncher

Yep, originally the title just said "Save Empire" so you were probably originally missing a letter and got autocorrected or something.

In for the softcover.

Ahh Bish must have fixed it before I even noticed.
Mobile is one hell of a beast sometimes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That's correct. Shirt designs are going to change and add even more detail. Just needed to have something representative up for the KS launch.

styl3s

You say a "new" game, is this based off the Ultima game? Some modern version? I love comics and dinosaurs so i will def throw some bones towards it.

Xater

Bish not sure if I can back it right now. Do you plan to put it on Comixology once it's done as well?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Bish not sure if I can back it right now. Do you plan to put it on Comixology once it's done as well?
It will be available after the Kickstarter, but some campaign-specific items like the variant cover by Daryl Mandryk (STAR WARS, CONAN, etc from Dark Horse) won't be available.

You can always back at a lower tier - the more backers the project receives, the more achievements unlock, and the first one of them is a special cover pinup for ALL backers, no matter the tier. So everyone benefits.

Xater

It will be available after the Kickstarter, but some campaign-specific items like the variant cover by Daryl Mandryk (STAR WARS, CONAN, etc from Dark Horse) won't be available.

You can always back at a lower tier - the more backers the project receives, the more achievements unlock, and the first one of them is a special cover pinup for ALL backers, no matter the tier. So everyone benefits.

Alright, putting this on my reminder list. Might be able to throw something in near the end.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Someone just ponied up to name a character and get eaten by a dino in the book.

o_O

lol so awesome.

will put in a pledge in a bit, gotta do the same for a few other projects at the same time. :D

seriously hope this does well as would indeed love to see another game with humans vs dinosaurs as had a great time with the turok title we had last gen.

What sort of game would this material inform? I know FPS/TPS seems obvious given Bish's game development history, but wouldn't it be more fun as an RTS? Dinos versus mobile lunchmeat?

Not into graphic novels or comics, but this does look neat, though I do want more dino-based action games and, if this gets us one, I'm down for that.

Palmer_v1

What sort of game would this material inform? I know FPS/TPS seems obvious given Bish's game development history, but wouldn't it be more fun as an RTS? Dinos versus mobile lunchmeat?

Not into graphic novels or comics, but this does look neat, though I do want more dino-based action games and, if this gets us one, I'm down for that.

I was thinking Third Person, but more tactical in nature. Like Freedom Fighters meets Turok.

Give me the Freedom Fighters/Jurassik Park sequel I deserve!

Donated for the bottom tier until I see the final t-short designs. Good luck!

Top Bottom