• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAVAGE EMPIRE | OT | Bish, have mercy! It's a Dino Crisis!

Rymuth

ouuxzS4.png

eZdDa9C.png

A dark and terrifying vision of Los Angeles on the brink of Dinosaur Armageddon.

A massive earthquake has shattered the West Coast, tearing a large swathe of California coastline free. At the quake's epicenter, pulsing energy portals appear - random gateways to another world. Through these portals, ancient creatures reclaim their territory, killing indiscriminately and acting as harbingers of an even more malevolent force in the Pacific.

FAQ

Q. What is this?

A. Kickstarted graphic novel that depicts a hellish vision of L.A. in the midst of a Dinosaur Armageddon. Brought to you by these fine people -

Pencils and Ink - Jim Roy Jimenez
Design and Illustrations - Joe Gianoglio
Producer and Writer - Tim Lewinson

Q. Tim Lewinson? That name sounds familiar...

A. It should. He worked on games such as TUROK, W40k: Dawn of War and Mafia II. He was a also a moderator on a pretty nondescript enthusiast board.

This is the only known footage of him

Op9MKmz.gif

The person who captured this video died shortly after...

Q. When is this out?

A. It's out. Kickstarter Backers should receive their digital copy today (Aug 27th), paperback editions should be in the mail.

Q. I'm not a backer, how can I support this?

A. You can purchase a copy from the following places

Be sure not to forget to leave a review!

* title is a reference to this post

Wasn't this that comic that Bish was asking Gaffers money for by having some other poster post the thread and kickstarter site?

Rymuth

I'd like to hold off on discussing plot details until everyone gets their copy.

I'll attempt to write a small review later when I'm free to sit down and parse my thoughts.

deafmedal

👍
Will wait for physical before I read, love that smell 😊
Hopefully it doesn't get damaged because of the rain from the tropical storm 😳

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wasn't this that comic that Bish was asking Gaffers money for by having some other poster post the thread and kickstarter site?

If you have a question about the rules and regulations surrounding self promotion you can feel free to ask it. If you're just here to dance on bish's grave because you're butthurt he banned you because you keep insulting people and getting banned then please let's refrain from doing that in this thread.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
A small shameless self-plug: I worked as letterer on this book and it's very nice to see it on the wild. Hopefully you all enjoy the read!

I got my digital copy but I'm waiting for the weekend to dig into it. I can't wait! Congrats to bish, bernardobri and the team.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I thought I was getting the digital copy. Fuck.
Holler @ me via PM. I sent out a reminder to everyone via Kickstarter messaging. I got ya.

Yeah, the book is done! Up on Amazon and Kobo, not posting the link.

One of the hardest projects I've ever had to complete, but easily the most satisfying. I lost two (2!!) colorists to real life events, so I said fuck it and taught myself how to do it. Pushed back the release by a year to do it correctly, but the results are well worth it. I'm really pleased at how it turned out. Appreciate everyone's support and patience. Learned a lot about how Kickstarter works, I'll answer questions if you have 'em.

Several industry folk came through for me as well - the cover was done by Daryl Mandryk, the lead concept artist behind the original SSX games and the two Def Jam fighters, plus Chris Bourassa of Darkest Dungeon (and fellow Propaganda alumnus) provided some incredible art for the chapter titles.

lysow5z.jpg

Leveraged it into a gig on Star Wars. Things are good. As much as I love this place, hanging out here sticking digital foot in asses wasn't exactly conducive to getting past that final hump. Nothing personal, folks. Oh look, case in point...

If you have a question about the rules and regulations surrounding self promotion you can feel free to ask it. If you're just here to dance on bish's grave because you're butthurt he banned you because you keep insulting people and getting banned then please let's refrain from doing that in this thread.
My brother.

Riptwo

Got my Kickstarter digital copy, and my plan is to crack a beer and read it after work on Friday. Perfect way to start a long weekend!

Top Bottom