• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAVAGE EMPIRE Kickstarter! [UPDATE: FULLY FUNDED! 24 Hours Left!]

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, we need Bishop to get in here and provide some answers. (Does he even still work at that studio?)

Katori

This has the Propaganda Games logo...they shut down in 2011...so odds are this is old, right?

I will go nuts if it's not. Don't care if it's new franchise or old franchise or what, even a sequel to 2008 would get me excited at this point.

hpkomic

Neo Member
I want this to possibly be a thing, especially if it goes more in the direction of the N64 games. Some weird ass worldbuilding there I loved.

Nah. I don't buy it.
Who would publish it? Is this some kind of kickstarter project? The brand is basically worthless, or is someone betting on a Jurassic World dinosaur resurgence?
And a sequel of the 2008 Turok, that was neither a critical nor a sales hit, instead of a straight reboot?

2e11406.gif

-MD-

Judging by the thread merge I'm gonna assume this video is just a fun project and not an actual teaser for a game.

Katori

Don't have much for Kickstarter this month but I will definitely put in at least $25. Please get the game made Bish, don't care if it's flat-shaded on Unity.

Hey guys! Glad you liked the trailer!

Full disclosure, this is a fan-made trailer I did on my own time. That said I do have my Turok roots. I worked on Turok 2008 and this was a teaser pitch I made back during the sequel. Unfortunately we got canned before I could get it off the ground.

The problem with working on canceled projects is a lot of fun ideas don't come to fruition. This idea was stuck in my brain for years until one day a few months ago I decided screw it, just make it for fun. So on the 10th anniversary of Propaganda Games, it seemed appropriate.

The timing with Bish has just been an excellent coincidence.

Jawmuncher

Full disclosure, this is a fan-made trailer I did on my own time. That said I do have my Turok roots. I worked on Turok 2008 and this was a teaser pitch I made back during the sequel. Unfortunately we got canned before I could get it off the ground.

The problem with working on canceled projects is a lot of fun ideas don't come to fruition. This idea was stuck in my brain for years until one day a few months ago I decided screw it, just make it for fun. So on the 10th anniversary of Propaganda Games, it seemed appropriate.

qIpFYWl.gif

Excellent work. Didn't even realize it was Propagandas 10th anniversary. Love you guys. Shame with what happened all around. Was taken from us far too early.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DerZuhälter;166930253 said:
Ok ok. For a kickstarter project those would be magnificent numbers, but nothing a major publisher would bet on I guess. What did it sell, round about 2m LTD?
LTD? Closer to 4 years ago. Look, I like idle speculation as much as the next guy, but you're not working from anything of substance here (he said kindly).

I'm not complaining, JB :)

xclaw

Thank you so much for sharing!

For obsessed fans such as myself it's such a treat to have a sneak peak into media such as this, it be a real shame for anything else to be made available for viewing. ;)

I've had this in my mind for days now and I think I'm going to pledge and support this project when I next get paid in a few days. I was trying to decide whether to go for the digital edition or the physical one and I think I want something tangible to hold in my hands (and something I can basically keep around forever) so the physical edition it is. Outside of my intention to pledge I think this is a fantastic project with some amazing, visually stunning and emotionally resonant art. I was pretty much sold as soon as the KS launched. The delay was just working out financially whether I could afford the edition I wanted (the physical one) and it looks as though I'll be able to soon and definitely well in advance of when the funding campaign ends.

I hope to God this gets successfully funded (looking like it will be) and I'm beyond glad to be able to contribute and support such a great project like this. Good luck to everyone involved.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That was quick. Jim wanted to do a new piece during the campaign and banged this out for you guys in record time. Hope you like it and the coloured version will be coming in soon!

Jawmuncher

That was quick. Jim wanted to do a new piece during the campaign and banged this out for you guys in record time. Hope you like it and the coloured version will be coming in soon!

Cant Wait. Will be nice to see a new colored image from the project.

Karak

51 more FB page likes and 2 more YouTube subscribers unlocks the first Kickstarter achievement on the Savage Empire! More stuff for all backers, so let's get the word out!

I just subbed and I am bringing 50,000 youtube subs with me brother! Well who knows but usually when I mention something worthwhile they bite!

Jawmuncher

Savage Empire posted this in their Twitter saying how it was someone who worked for Propaganda and made this for fun after it was cancelled.

This is not an announcement. Especially not since it opens with a propaganda logo.

Yep it was all cleared up and a bit of fun for the threads

KissVibes

Banned
Wait, the designer on Turok is behind this? Hell yeah, I'll back it. I loved Turok on the N64 when I was a kid. Fucking cool ass game. Better than Goldeneye!!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Heads up -

rnT0GPb.png

every 5 new backers that hop on after midnight PST tonight, I'm putting up a piece of artwork. Savage Empire stuff and maybe something else as well...

Celebrating the Jurassic World release tomorrow - can't wait!

Top Bottom