• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SAVAGE EMPIRE Kickstarter! [UPDATE: FULLY FUNDED! 24 Hours Left!]

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I recorded a podcast with the 1P vs 2P guys, which should be out tomorrow evening/Monday morning.

There's also a new piece of art to go with the podcast going live, so let your people know!

Keeping a consistent eye on this campaign as I really want this to succeed. As I posted at length earlier on in the thread I'll become one of the new backers for the physical edition before the campaign ends. Just awaiting finances to allow it. On a positive note I just checked Kicktraq and the forecast for this is the campaign blasting through its target with over 156% of the funding goal. I know anything can happen but that forecast is looking amazingly promising.

Looks like this should definitely make it. I know we shouldn't celebrate just yet but signs are looking good!

TJOvcUw.png

The podcast just went live a little while ago! Bishoptl wasn't kidding when he said there was new art to go with it, that looks intense.

RarpGgm.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sounds decent for Skype. Recording another two podcasts this week, I'll keep you guys posted. New art for each release as well. Getting funded during E3 week would be amazing...

I listened to the pod, a few standouts:
  • I didn't know he worked on so many good games. Especially Def Jam!
  • Being an Easter Egg is something we should all aspire to.
  • The part about Savage Empire paying homage to former colleagues at Disney was quite nice.
I'll back this when I'm paid at the end of the week, Bish.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
All right, new update! Unlocked some artwork last night after hitting the 5 achievement stretch goal

YLqzjPp.jpg

and recorded two additional podcasts yesterday with Comcastro and Jurassic Park Podcast. Less than 2 weeks to go!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Like Wasteland 2 meets Jurassic Park. Neat!

Jawmuncher

Hoping it follows the regular route of a lot of pledges hitting near the end! Would love to see it funded before then though!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Cross-posted from the OT thread:

The artist for these is my friend Daryl Mandryk. He's one of the top concept artists in the world, we worked together on Turok at Disney. He's done covers for Dark Horse, Star Wars, Conan and a bunch of other comic projects, plus more game projects than you've had hot dinners, including the first 2 Def Jam Vendettas, Shadow of Mordor, etc etc etc. Basically he's an art god and the most chill guy ever.

http://mandrykart.wordpress.com/

He's providing a variant cover for my Kickstarter, so I wanted to include some of his prior work so you guys know what you'll be getting. As of today, that variant cover reward is extended to ALL physical copies of the book, not just the $250 tier. So you can pledge at the $50 CDN tier (BET JURASSIC) and get the variant cover.

It's a Kickstarter-exclusive, btw. Once the campaign is over, any copies of the novel sold will have the regular cover, not the variant. So get on it!

Jawmuncher

New Tier Added!
*This replaced the 250CAD tier, perfect for those who couldn't afford that but wanted to put a bit more towards the project*

Pledge $150CAD or more
120 USD

(PROPAGANDA ÜBER ALLES: Physical Reward Tier)

TWO PERSONALIZED VOICEMAIL MESSAGES OR VOICE RINGTONES from TIM LEWINSON. The writer will provide TWO soothing notes for your mobile to greet those whose call you miss. Smile when the phone rings as Tim slyly intones, "It's for you, Jason/Frieda/xxNoScope420xx". (.mp3 or .wav format)

+ TWO SIGNATURE COPIES of FULL 64 PAGE STORY/PROLOGUE EDITION: BLACK SATURDAY Softcover copy

+ DARYL MANDRYK COVER VARIANT (Kickstarter exclusive run)

+ ONE T-Shirt of YOUR CHOICE

+ PHYSICAL CHARACTER CARDS

+ DIGITAL ART BOOK containing sketches, concept art, illustrations and more

+ all ATTACKED BY A BIG-ASS LIZARD Tier rewards

Also added color version of Reyka
imagemzbdx.jpg

Top Bottom