• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

7NAoGlw.jpg

It's not completely wrecked or anything, but it sticks out. The general craftsmanship is great though and the package was really well buffed out with protective bubble-wrap filling etc... so it must have been like that already when it was packaged.

It was disappointing and annoying after all this time to get a damaged product. But I mentioned it to their team and a replacement with free shipping seems to be getting handled quickly on their end, so actually I'm really happy with the service there.

Grokbu

I was asked to tell you guys that if you are still waiting for your order, please e-mail them at orders@thatvigilante.com with "New FR" in the subject line.

This way, they can better keep in touch with you and get you all the info you need. Also, please mention that you are from GAF. They have extra items to send to donors from GAF that supported them.

Thanks!

I was asked to tell you guys that if you are still waiting for your order, please e-mail them at orders@thatvigilante.com with "New FR" in the subject line.

This way, they can better keep in touch with you and get you all the info you need. Also, please mention that you are from GAF. They have extra items to send to donors from GAF that supported them.

Thanks!
Sent an email, but I don't expect a reply...

Krentist

Neo Member
Sent an email asking for an update on friday, told I would get "full details tomorrow". It's now almost end of business Monday... Not really sure why I was hoping for an actual reply when promised at this point to be honest. At least someone seems to have gotten their item (albeit scratched).

Thanks!

Sent an email yesterday, no response yet. I sent one about a month ago as well with no response. Kinda bummed.

kubus

On one hand, I'm glad they actually really shipped some stuff (although damaged), on the other hand, I was promised a tracking number last week and I haven't heard anything yet.

Communication still really sketchy it seems.

On one hand, I'm glad they actually really shipped some stuff (although damaged), on the other hand, I was promised a tracking number last week and I haven't heard anything yet.

Communication still really sketchy it seems.

Yeah, this is my story as well, second time it was "shipping next week" at least some stuff went out but so far if I'm not mistaken no book bags.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

Thanks!

I bought one of the Last of Us clicker pencil holders way back when - I haven't bothered them yet about asking where my order is, but considering I haven't heard anything since the initial order I feel like I may have been lost in the shuffle somewhere.

Thanks for this info though, I'll try and get in touch with them. I really don't care if it takes awhile, I'd just like to make sure I get it eventually.

Have had a few emails back and forth this week regarding shipment, today had another just asking if I want to have a signature required on the delivery. So hopefully things are packaged up and they are just choosing shipping methods now. Being honest I'm in the UK so if it's being shipped from the US I would imagine either way I'm going to have to sign for it.

Have had a few emails back and forth this week regarding shipment, today had another just asking if I want to have a signature required on the delivery. So hopefully things are packaged up and they are just choosing shipping methods now. Being honest I'm in the UK so if it's being shipped from the US I would imagine either way I'm going to have to sign for it.
I've had the same thing this week and the sig confirmation email.

nampad

Finally got answers using the contacts Grokbu described. My shipment is supposed to go out on monday and I also got asked if I want a signature confirmation.
Think the latter is quite strange, wouldn't it be something you would always have to do? Whatever, I choosed yes so there can't be any discussion whether I actually received it or not. After all this time, I am not sure that about this fundraiser anymore.

Krentist

Neo Member
Sent an email asking for an update on friday, told I would get "full details tomorrow". It's now almost end of business Monday... Not really sure why I was hoping for an actual reply when promised at this point to be honest. At least someone seems to have gotten their item (albeit scratched).

Had to bug them again yesterday for a follow-up, was asked if I was given a refund, since my "order is still intact but is says pending refund as the status". Had to tell the dude I was not given a refund nor had I asked for one, and then received the beloved "I will look into this further and get back to your tomorrow" once again.

It's weird that they're claiming my order was going to be refunded... after all this waiting they were just going to cancel/refund it behind my back (which even then they still didn't actually do anyways)? I just want my items so I never have to deal with this again, honestly.

EDIT: ok now he says it should be shipping on monday and will include tracking info. Here's hoping...

Did you follow the post the gaffer made? With the fr subject and mentioning gaf?

Yes. I didn't name drop GAF, but I did everything else. I also had sent one a few weeks ago per the request of one of their updates as well. I sent one today just to try to get anything out of them. Haven't heard anything since my original orders back in November.

Jacqli

Had to bug them again yesterday for a follow-up, was asked if I was given a refund, since my "order is still intact but is says pending refund as the status". Had to tell the dude I was not given a refund nor had I asked for one, and then received the beloved "I will look into this further and get back to your tomorrow" once again.

It's weird that they're claiming my order was going to be refunded... after all this waiting they were just going to cancel/refund it behind my back (which even then they still didn't actually do anyways)? I just want my items so I never have to deal with this again, honestly.

EDIT: ok now he says it should be shipping on monday and will include tracking info. Here's hoping...
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Jackson, I think, told me that my order was in refund status, but I have never reclaimed the money. And I have to wait to see what it is going on because, right now, I know nothing about my order. Couldn't they tell me this sooner? :(

aristotle

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Jackson, I think, told me that my order was in refund status, but I have never reclaimed the money. And I have to wait to see what it is going on because, right now, I know nothing about my order. Couldn't they tell me this sooner? :(

From what I received in an email, I was told that many people got their orders refunded and their orders will still be shipped. Once you receive the item(s) you can give them back the money for the order if you so wish.

Thanks for your patience. I've worked out the shipping for your order but unfortunately there will be a little wait. We have a few people ahead of you and I have to ship out orders in the order they were placed. I understand you've been waiting long enough and it's been a ridiculous amount of time for someone to have to wait and you should have never had to deal with that.

I've worked out for us to give you your money back and for us to ship your item as scheduled. That way you don't have to worry about us keeping your money. We will still ship your order and when you receive it and are satisfied then you have the option to resend the payment.

Please let me know if this works for you.

I'm doing everything to make this right and to show we are doing our best to resolve these issues. We're not stealing anything from anyone and this deal goes out to everyone that's had to wait longer then they should have.

Please get back to me as soon as you can and I will respond no matter what time it is.

Jackson

I got that on April 3rd.

One of the gaffers was right in that they keep making these deadlines and nothing come of them. First it was the 4th, then the 11th and still nothing. I think they took way too many orders.

One of the gaffers was right in that they keep making these deadlines and nothing come of them. First it was the 4th, then the 11th and still nothing. I think they took way too many orders.

Yeah quite possibly.

Given that I was one of the early $500 tier backers I would have thought they had the 8 'bundles' set aside for sending out. Not heard anything relating to shipping info yet, but still optimistic that it will be coming out this week.

nampad

I was supposed to get my shipment details on monday and still got nothing...

I also ask myself where they got the money to refund some people as a sign of goodwill before they ship the items like a poster above said. Wasn't the funding for the treatment a close call?

I was supposed to get my shipment details on monday and still got nothing...

I also ask myself where they got the money to refund some people as a sign of goodwill before they ship the items like a poster above said. Wasn't the funding for the treatment a close call?

The funding for the operation was met a while ago, there was additional funds needed for things like aftercare, I'm assuming that the spare money is taking a hit or it didn't cost as much as first imagined.

kubus

I've been in contact with David over the past few days (instead of Jackson) and some things are a lot more clear now to me. I wouldn't say that the things I've heard were positive, but I have more confidence now that some change is happening and things will get better from now on. The update that was promised yesterday should provide more information and hopefully an end to all the confusion and frustration, but I don't know if that update will appear today. I've offered to help David with settling things because he's obviously not fit enough to handle everything.

I feel partly responsible for the fact that many Gaffers are now without products because I made this thread, and if I can help setting things right, I will. So hopefully David and I can work together to fix this. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I have more news!

Thanks everyone.

aristotle

The funding for the operation was met a while ago, there was additional funds needed for things like aftercare, I'm assuming that the spare money is taking a hit or it didn't cost as much as first imagined.

My money came from an order I placed long before there was any fundraiser. I still have no shipping info for my order either and I have serious doubts whether I'll actually get it. I wanted it so bad too....

I've been in contact with David over the past few days (instead of Jackson) and some things are a lot more clear now to me. I wouldn't say that the things I've heard were positive, but I have more confidence now that some change is happening and things will get better from now on.

What did you hear, if you don't mind my asking?

Krentist

Neo Member
Anyone know where they are shipping from? I'm curious as to the location of this place; my friend is trying to be optimistic and saying maybe they shipped out orders but just never gave people tracking info.

Anyone know where they are shipping from? I'm curious as to the location of this place; my friend is trying to be optimistic and saying maybe they shipped out orders but just never gave people tracking info.
I'm guessing Cali, although the dude who got his stuff earlier in the thread could tell you.

I never checked I'm afraid, sorry.

Communication has gone dead on my end too regarding getting a replacement for the damaged buckle or getting shipping information on the rucksack.

It is so wierd that nobody seems to have heard from David himself regarding all of this (Kubus, did you know for sure you were talking with David?). If it is a scam I can only assume he is in on it.

kubus

I never checked I'm afraid, sorry.

Communication has gone dead on my end too regarding getting a replacement for the damaged buckle or getting shipping information on the rucksack.

It is so wierd that nobody seems to have heard from David himself regarding all of this (Kubus, did you know for sure you were talking with David?). If it is a scam I can only assume he is in on it.

Well I've lost contact with David for some days now... Still waiting for a reply. I was planning to wait for David to post about this himself since he knows better what happened than I do, but since he's been absent for a couple of days now, I'll share a bit of what I learned.

I was contacted by David around a week ago and he asked me to message him through facebook instead of email. He said he was reading through everything (emails, perhaps also this thread) at that moment and he was shocked to find out what was happening. He said he was completely heartbroken and embarrassed by the way things were being handled and he was baffled that the people in charge were making mistakes after mistakes (implying David didn't know about the current situation).

He's not in any condition to work at his shop and make new products and he can't help with any of the labor. He wants to refund everyone although it will put him in a very bad position financially and also ship out their products as soon as it's possible. He comes off as very honest and it's in line with his personality from when I talked to him before all of this happened (see also post #3 of this thread).

If this is still a scam I don't know what to think. I don't want to believe that. It would be so weird. He had a successful shop on etsy and he had 100% positive feedback. I remember going through pages and pages of feedback at etsy before placing my order - and when I did, the communication was really great. I received the order fairly quickly and it was 100% as described and after two years it still looks great. After that he left etsy (not sure why) and started his own website+shop. He was really active on twitter, he constantly gave stuff away, even to charity if I remember right. All my questions were answered within a couple of hours. I placed my second order, the Ellie backpack, right before this hell started and since then communication had also stopped and that's when Jackson stepped in.

I started this thread/"campaign" because I believe in David and because he was so kind to me and everyone else. That's why I'm so confused why this thing has become an absolutely train wreck and I'm so sorry that things turned out this way. It just doesn't make any sense. That's why I was so relieved to talk to David. It sounded like all this stuff was happening without him knowing. It's the only thing that woud make sense now.

I've messaged David again and I hope I'll get a reply soon. But if everything he said is true.. I don't want to imagine how horrible he must feel now. Hope it doesn't get in the way of his recovery.

nampad

It sounds like even you start having doubts. And to be honest, I can't imagine that dealing with the shop and shipping the stuff is so hard. They said they had the items in plenty of stock.

A friend of mine has an online shop too and I used to help him. We even had to make the stuff for each order instead of just shipping it. Of course, there may be differences in the volume and additional circumstances but it has been over 5 months already. I couldn't understand back then why the items would only ship in january after the fundraiser and not immediately.

I thought the supposedly involvement of ND and other developers was a good indicator for this being real but I am not sure myself anymore.

It sounds like even you start having doubts. And to be honest, I can't imagine that dealing with the shop and shipping the stuff is so hard. They said they had the items in plenty of stock.

A friend of mine has an online shop too and I used to help him. We even had to make the stuff for each order instead of just shipping it. Of course, there may be differences in the volume and additional circumstances but it has been over 5 months already. I couldn't understand back then why the items would only ship in january after the fundraiser and not immediately.

I thought the supposedly involvement of ND and other developers was a good indicator for this being real but I am not sure myself anymore.

I'm thinking that the guy is certainly legit, I've no doubt on this which is why I'm happy to wait for whatever arrives. I think it's just been poorly run and that unfortunately reflects badly on David himself when as kubris says it's totally out of his control as he is unable to do anything. I'm sure things will get sorted at some point though.

kubus

I'm starting to have doubts that they had so many items in stock. Even David said that "they [Jackson and co] bit off more than they can chew".

That would be really unfortunate because I even confirmed with Jackson if they had enough stock to fill those orders. He said they had plenty.

It would explain why they can't ship anything right now. If there are no products and David can't make new ones, you have a problem. But I don't understand why they wouldn't admit that. Can't be worse than making false promises week after week... Right?

In any case I was told a couple of weeks earlier that a shipment went out for me and normally it should've arrived by now. Shipping from the States to here can take some time though. I wasn't given a tracking number because that wasn't an available option when they sent it out. Could be true because I've never gotten tracking info for packages that came from the US. Hope it'll turn up soon.

nampad

If it is a stock problem, I hope they don't try to make that stuff themselves. The craftsmanship was one of the reasons I was willing to shell out so much money.

halfbeast

Banned
at this point I highly doubt I'm getting that cuff. considering his situation I don't want to demand my money back either. I'll just write it off as an unpleasant experience.

I'm starting to have doubts that they had so many items in stock. Even David said that "they [Jackson and co] bit off more than they can chew".

That would be really unfortunate because I even confirmed with Jackson if they had enough stock to fill those orders. He said they had plenty.
It would explain why they can't ship anything right now. If there are no products and David can't make new ones, you have a problem. But I don't understand why they wouldn't admit that. Can't be worse than making false promises week after week... Right?

In any case I was told a couple of weeks earlier that a shipment went out for me and normally it should've arrived by now. Shipping from the States to here can take some time though. I wasn't given a tracking number because that wasn't an available option when they sent it out. Could be true because I've never gotten tracking info for packages that came from the US. Hope it'll turn up soon.

Yeah as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I would have thought they would have calculated stock levels before offering the various Tiers of donation. So in hindsight they should have had all those put aside for when they were taken up. Obviously with things like clothing the couldn't account for sizing, but the rucksacks/bust etc if they offered certain amounts through the tier system they should have had them put to one side ready for shipping.

This is looking really bad now, I mean they even said they've got help to handle communication and shipping orders out. Yet everything has come to a screeching halt.

Krentist

Neo Member
If this is still a scam I don't know what to think. I don't want to believe that. It would be so weird. He had a successful shop on etsy and he had 100% positive feedback. I remember going through pages and pages of feedback at etsy before placing my order - and when I did, the communication was really great. I received the order fairly quickly and it was 100% as described and after two years it still looks great. After that he left etsy (not sure why) and started his own website+shop. He was really active on twitter, he constantly gave stuff away, even to charity if I remember right. All my questions were answered within a couple of hours. I placed my second order, the Ellie backpack, right before this hell started and since then communication had also stopped and that's when Jackson stepped in.

If he was still on etsy his shop would definitely have been suspended by now from all these unfulfilled orders. I keep reminding myself periodically that my order was initially quoted on their site as being set for an end-of-january shipping schedule and it is now almost May.

If they're trying to cover up the fact that they're way behind with their orders, then that is a really stupid thing to do. They need to admit it and come clean because this whole thing needs transparency and honesty to keep customers in the loop and confident about their purchase. I'm giving them til the end of the week to get back to me about my order, after which I will tell them I want a refund... and if I don't get that refund within a couple days I will have to go ahead and file a chargeback dispute. I don't want to do that, but at this point after getting nothing but outright lies about shipping and tracking info I'm just too frustrated to care about whatever they're doing behind the scenes.

Top Bottom