• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

I made a donation and I will be buying a couple of his amazing stuff from the site. C'mon Gaf! Everyone support David :D

A big special thank you to Kudus for the code and sharing this news so everyone here is able to help in any way or form.

Zemm

How are people not rioting in the streets at a system that makes you require funding from people on the Internet to live? Absolutely fucking insane. All the best to this guy, hopefully he gets what he needs.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How are people not rioting in the streets at a system that makes you require funding from people on the Internet to live? Absolutely fucking insane. All the best to this guy, hopefully he gets what he needs.
Half the country thinks socialized medicine will be the death of this country. I try not to associate with those people.

baphomet

Buying that pencil holder.

Not that i have any pencils or anything that need holding, but it does look cool.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's the "Fuck you, I got mine" mentality.

I hate it.
A lot of the people who would benefit from socialized healthcare are the ones voting for people who are against it. So many misinformed people. It's just sad.

Even worse some of these people already get medicare and medicaid and don't understand that those are social welfare programs. It hurts my head.

apana

He is young and looks relatively healthy which means his odds should have been very low. Not to mention the fact that pancreatic cancer itself is relatively rare. Damn that sucks. Does he know what could have been the most important factor, genetics?

Made a donation. As with the appeal yesterday, while I'm more than happy to donate, doing so does leave a bitter taste that it has to come to this to receive treatment in the US of all places...

kubus

You guys are all amazing. I love you, GAF. Seriously, seeing the donations pile up... It's simply wonderful. And that's even without all the money that came in through shop purchases!

I sent the link of this thread to David, I'm sure it will bring hope to him :). Let's keep fighting, GAF!

Love this guys work... Will spread the news and try my best to get some doe

Hope everyone else in the game industry stays alright best if luck to everyone

Does anyone know if he is still custom making that holster? Going to send an email but with what is going on, I don't think I'll get a reply.

PJV3

He's fortunate that he has a talent that is recognised and an interested community, I feel for the nobody's.

Sad news, hopefully he gets treatment.

kubus

Does anyone know if he is still custom making that holster? Going to send an email but with what is going on, I don't think I'll get a reply.
I dunno, but Jackson (the guy running the campaign for David) wrote the following on the GoFundMe page:

UPDATE: I just want to encourage everyone that you can still help by buying merchandise from our store and not just donating. We have a ton of stock for each product that is ready for our shipment in January and all the money earned will go directly to funding David's treatment.

If you're unsure, you can send an email to info[at]thatvigilante.com, or to Jackson himself, at jacksonjtay[at]gmail.com. He is really busy right now because it's a very hectic situation, but I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.

That's really terrible to hear, i just want to know why they need this kind of money just for medicine, is he travelling outside the country?

I dunno, but Jackson (the guy running the campaign for David) wrote the following on the GoFundMe page:

If you're unsure, you can send an email to info[at]thatvigilante.com, or to Jackson himself, at jacksonjtay[at]gmail.com. He is really busy right now because it's a very hectic situation, but I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.

Yeah, I saw that and sent one. I can completely understand if I don't get a reply. If I don't, I'll just get the standard. Hope they don't sell out though.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Donated.

Best of luck. To reiterate what everyone else said it's shocking something like this is needed in the US of all places.

Donated, poor guy, this is awful.

I might start an NGO here to help Americans who can't afford going to the hospital to try to save their lives.
Sorry if the comment is tasteless but it's still absolutely baffling to this dirty European librul.

Lisker

Pancreatic cancer. Motherfucker!

They're all bad, but this one is aggressive as fuck. Hope he can beat it.

Yeah, I lost my dad because of Pancreatic Cancer earlier this year. He got sick, his liver failed and he was gone in 3 days. In a way he was lucky he didn't have to suffer a long sick bed but still. He had a 41 degree (Celcius) fever at one point.

All the best to this guy. I would love to donate and buy some of his stuff but my financial situation won't allow me to.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dude... $47,000 in 96 hrs? :/

edit: Donated, to be clear, I'm just saying holy christ that is not going to be easy :[

kubus

Holy crap, never expected to get so many donations through GAF. Much love to all of you :).

Before this thread, donations were at ~$900, we're at 1,6k now! And I think all the money made through purchases on the website, as well as donations made through the website, still have to be added to the total. I'll have to check my bank account in a bit to see if I can donate some more.

Let's keep going GAF!

Copy/pasting what I just posted in the other thread for Ana Kessel:

This is a key time to keep this visible. Most users ever online was 73,119, Today at 03:29 PM, just over an hour ago. If 70,000 people each threw say $5 at this and $5 at the other one, they'd each have $350,000 to work with. This is a time when a lot of us are dropping hundreds of dollars over the weekend in the coming weeks. If everybody just tosses in $5 or 10 or 20 if that's what you can afford, the problem gets solved in a huge way. Well, the closest we can come to solving it, anyway.

kubus

Copy/pasting what I just posted in the other thread for Ana Kessel:

This is a key time to keep this visible. Most users ever online was 73,119, Today at 03:29 PM, just over an hour ago. If 70,000 people each threw say $5 at this and $5 at the other one, they'd each have $350,000 to work with. This is a time when a lot of us are dropping hundreds of dollars over the weekend in the coming weeks. If everybody just tosses in $5 or 10 or 20 if that's what you can afford, the problem gets solved in a huge way. Well, the closest we can come to solving it, anyway.
Thank you. I will add it to the OP. I hope everyone reads it and is willing to toss in a few bucks. Let's save some lifes!

Also PMed a mod and asked for a thread title change. Thanks for thinking with me, guys.

I'm heading to bed now, I hope this thread is still kicking when I wake up tomorrow. Thanks so much for all your help so far, GAF!

edit: Oh, and Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog is on board once again :D

caFi82d.jpg

Jachaos

Donated 15$, really ridiculous our neighbours to the south have to resort to this. Hoping all goes well for him and that in the future such cases are not so common and, ideally, just don't exist at all.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wonder what the insurance situation is like. Sounds like he doesnt have any, or has a really shitty plan. If he works for Naughty Dog why dont they provide it? I know our system is fucked but 48k sounds ridiculous.

Edit: Nevermind i thought he worked for ND, he just makes thigns inspired by them. In that case it would sound like he doesnt have insurance if he is self employed.

mrdark

Banned
What a joke that he needs to crowdfund money to live.

It's 2013, Sort it out America

Up yours, brah, how are we Americans supposed to keep our dollar menus if our corporations are taxed like they should be?! Corporations are people too!

mrdark

Banned
Also, I can't help but notice all the Naughty Dog employee support, but the company itself not really caring

kubus

Also, I can't help but notice all the Naughty Dog employee support, but the company itself not really caring
Try tweeting their @Naughty_Dog account. I just a few tweets their way asking for their help, but so far they haven't responded yet. Seems like the perfect way to get donations fast.

Keihart

Got Joel's backpack.

I was waiting to buy it like in December, but whatever, I'll just wait on some launch games for now.

I hope he gets better, health care it's not better over here, and a lot of advanced treatments are not even available.

Top Bottom