• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

aristotle

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I got a code for free shipping worldwide that you can use if you wish to purchase one of David's products. It's:

FREESHIP001

Thanks for all your donations so far!

edit: crap, double post. sorry :(

I just realized I completely missed this post right before I ordered. Oh well. Now that doesn't have to come out of his pocket I suppose. Thanks for the head's up about this again.

Well, I found out you can say something when you order something from the store, so I gave him my description but said that it wasn't a big deal if it wasn't possible.

Still my best wishes go out to him, I did what I could.

kubus

I just realized I completely missed this post right before I ordered. Oh well. Now that doesn't have to come out of his pocket I suppose. Thanks for the head's up about this again.
Oh man I'm sorry you missed it :(. I tried to highlight it in the OP as well.

Thank you all for your purchase/donation and support! Now let's get more!

shaowebb

Donated. Please get better. I hope he hits his medical goal. He's on a tight deadline and its literally life or death.

kubus

Donated. Please get better. I hope he hits his medical goal. He's on a tight deadline and its literally life or death.
Thanks! Yeah, it's a terrible situation to be in, I'm sure :(. When your life depends on the generiousity of people on the internet...

I really hope he gets to see the release of the TLOU DLC and Uncharted 4 :(

nampad

Poor guy, the deadline even makes it worse.
Like I already said in the other thread, I am happy to live in a country with health care. I still can't wrap my head around the idea that some people are arguing against it with freedom as an argument.
Just imagine how many people are out there in the same situation without the ability to reach many people with a call for help.

shaowebb

Bumping this because it shoudln't be buried. I know its new console day and all but if you can give anything DO IT. The man has next to no time here to raise this and its cancer. He needs help. Spread this where ever you can. Im PM-ing the other mods on TYM to see if maybe they will spread this.

stewy

Donated what I could. The fact that he needs to raise this kind of cash just to get proper treatment is so frightening.

shaowebb

If you know of any large boards or anything try to setup one of these pages. Just copy/paste the thread and post the links if you're allowed. Im going to see if maybe I can get the bigger FGC boards to support this on their sites even though he doesn't do fighting game stuff simply for the traffic they generate. Maybe they can drum up something for him.

This is from the website:

$979.00 USD Raised of $48,000 Goal

DEADLINE: November 18, 2013

--------------------------------------------

That isn't accurate, is it? :(

Going to donate. Poor guy.

edit: They have raised: $2,084.00 so far and with three days left. :\

shaowebb

I put the thread on Shoryuken. Gonna PM a mod there and see if they might be able to promote the fundraiser somehow.

Croyles

3 days left to pay? Jesus!

I contributed.

Is there anyway to get this more attention? Come on GAF someone on here must have connections!

shaowebb

Just posted this to TYM too. Please spread this around folks and donate anything you can spare. Like they said if just 9600 folks saw this and threw in $5 each it'd be funded. I know we get the traffic to pull this off and get it spread enough to do this.

Please help any way you can. If you can't donate try to promote it on your facebooks, twitters, or other forums. Anything is needed at this point.

kubus

Shaowebb, thank you so much for your help and support. Please people, share this to as many websites as you can.

- Send mails to kotaku and other big websites if they can do an article.
- Tweet to Naughty Dog, Shu Yoshida and other well known persons on twitter if they can share the link to their followers.
- Spread this on reddit if you can (I have no idea how it works)

Best would be if this thread (and the other one about the girl from Insomniac) could get stickied. With nextgen launch here, there are SO many GAFfers online right now. If every member would donate $5, these two people would be saved in no time!

Let's make sure David can still live to see Uncharted 4 and Last of Us DLC, and that Ana can get back to work at Insomniac asap!

At least, please keep bumping this thread so as many people as possible can see it!!

shaowebb

Shaowebb, thank you so much for your help and support. Please people, share this to as many websites as you can.

- Send mails to kotaku and other big websites if they can do an article.
- Tweet to Naughty Dog, Shu Yoshida and other well known persons on twitter if they can share the link to their followers.
- Spread this on reddit if you can (I have no idea how it works)

Best would be if this thread (and the other one about the girl from Insomniac) could get stickied. With nextgen launch here, there are SO many GAFfers online right now. If every member would donate $5, these two people would be saved in no time!

Let's make sure David can still live to see Uncharted 4 and Last of Us DLC, and that Ana can get back to work at Insomniac asap!

At least, please keep bumping this thread so as many people as possible can see it!!

I tweeted Ed Boon and Im seeing if Test Your Might will sticky this for me. I also shipped it around my facebook and twitter. Im hoping to get some kind of momentum happening today. Just sort of panicking and using my network any way I can right now seeing he only has till the 18th.

God I hope we make it in time to get him funded.I'll keep checking in here.

kubus

I tweeted Ed Boon and Im seeing if Test Your Might will sticky this for me. I also shipped it around my facebook and twitter. Im hoping to get some kind of momentum happening today. Just sort of panicking and using my network any way I can right now seeing he only has till the 18th.

God I hope we make it in time to get him funded.I'll keep checking in here.
Awesome! I'm stuck at work right now but I'm still secretly checking GAF once in a while seeing if I can help out.

I really hope we can make it. It would be a goddamn miracle, but it's not impossible.

Donated 500 bucks. Had money for a PS4, decided to help save someones life. A no brainer.
HOLY SHIT, you, sir... I bow before you. THANK YOU!!

lefantome

gaming news outlets make posts about anything sometimes, they should spend a couple of minutes making a post helping a guy in trouble!

kubus

gaming news outlets make posts about anything sometimes, they should spend a couple of minutes making a post helping a guy in trouble!
If Kotaku can have an article about what a lady on Korean tv was wearing, they should definitely do an article on this :(

Already sent an email to Jason Schreier yesterday, maybe if others could do the same they'll pick it up?

Croyles

If Kotaku can have an article about what a lady on Korean tv was wearing, they should definitely do an article on this :(

Already sent an email to Jason Schreier yesterday, maybe if others could do the same they'll pick it up?

Done. I just hope people don't think it's spam.

tino

Banned
Donate money instead. The only thing I want is the hostler but I live in a gun unfriendly state.

I just now realize the stuff Nathan wear are straight up from Fossil.

shaowebb

Looks like the donations are starting to move a bit, but its still slow right now. This is going to need some heavy promoting to pull off. Anything anyone here can do to get this in front of as many faces as possible is needed.

This is an all call to anyone with any kind of social network right now...the man only has 3 days to put this together for surgery.

Donated 500 bucks. Had money for a PS4, decided to help save someones life. A no brainer.

Wow, hats off to you, sir. You have done a great thing.

Has Naughty Dog said anything or offered to help at all?

I also just posted the Kotaku story to Facebook in hopes of raising attention.

Zen

Banned
I'm going to post this in the Naughty Dog and Sony forums when I have time today. Hopefully someone beats me to it.

shaowebb

Any chance a mod can sticky this thread for a few days?

I pm-ed Evilore to see if it would be possible since he's only got till the 18th. He wasn't online earlier though so we got to wait and see. For now, keep sending this out across any social network you got and bump it often to keep it in sight.

I got someone on Test Your Might buying one of his amazing Backpacks right now so thats some more funding going his way.

0DA9eZF.jpg

kubus

We're almost at 3k! (Probably already past it and then some, when the funds gathered through shop purchases are added)

Keep spreading the word through facebook, twitter, tumblr, other social media, forums, etc!

Top Bottom