• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

We spend so much time praising the consoles/handhelds we own. And we often defend them profusely against their competitors.

Instead, let's use this thread to create some positive energy - to compliment the platforms we don't own. This is a good exercise for GAF; we can all get along and acknowledge what's great :) What makes you wish you owned a console that you haven't purchased? You can also speak to things that are coming in the future (games or features).

If you own every current gen console, you can still participate by stating something you love about each. Just mention that you own them all.

I'll start (talking about things I don't own):

Xbox One
- Dead Rising 3 looks like a really cool/fun game
- The Skype integration seems really neat and useful
- I like that Xbox has so many Apps (such as YouTube and numerous gaming sites)
- Sweet video editor for editing game footage
- Some of the voice control stuff sounds neat
- Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break just might sell me on the system (hopefully they turn out great)

Wii U
- The backwards compatibility! I wish that were on PS4
- Super Mario 3D World looks AWESOME
- I like the Wii U Gamepad

low-G

Don't own: PS Vita

PS Vita seems to really have a bunch of games that look very cool.

I own everything else...

The Wii U doesn't have garbage motion control piece of shit controllers as its primary gimmick.
The Xbox One has a minimalist UI that I appreciate aesthetically.
The PlayStation 4 has an ergonomically fantastic controller.
The PlayStation Vita has a beautiful OLED screen, at least some do.
The Wii and its garbage, piece of shit motion control gimmick is no longer being produced.

PS4 - Sony's quickly making all the right moves during the PS4's infancy, unlike the PS3 during the same period.

Xbox One - Games like Swery65's D4 and Remedy's Quantum Break makes me want to own the system.

j_rocca42

Xbox One: Titanfall and Dead rising look really cool.

Wii U: I've always liked zelda. Would love to see a new one soon.

Swarna

Wii U: Nintendo devs know the importance of frame rate.
PS4: The right moves (with few exceptions) were made by Sony on this one.
XBone: Damage control is commendable. That isn't sarcasm.
PS3: Long legs in terms of releases like the PS2.

JON4495

Xbox One - Snap looks awesome, and it will have gears of war which is my favourite shooter

3DS - It has pokemon, and pokemon is fun

finalflame

Gold Member
Vita: Ability to have all PSOne/PSP classics in a handheld is nice, and the system looks really slick Also the most powerful handheld currently available. Wish I would've kept mine.

ec0ec0

The original playstation vita hardware looks like a dream ;P really

(gaf is probably going to like that one)

vita means life :O

3DS has great Atlus support
Xbox One has what looks like a great controller
PS4 looks well designed

Edit: oops forgot WiiU
WiiU you can play SNES & GBA games on the gamepad right?
That's awesome.

I can confirm that Killzone Mercenaries is, in fact, fucking awesome. It's better than Shadow Fall.
This. It's more of a "I'm laying in bed waiting to get sleepy" game and less "I'm on the train on the way to work" game though.
Multiplayer gets Intense

X1 might get that CBOAT rumored Kamiya game
pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true pls dont be true

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Consoles are a means to an end of being able to play software. Almost every console released ever has had great games, including all the current platforms that I don't own.

Xbox One:

It's a feasible console.
Voice control and the camera sign in is awesome
Twitch integration is nicely implemented.

Wii U:

Silence is the best compliment I can give it.

Betty

Banned
Xbox One
- That controller looks sweet and probably feels great to hold

Wii U
- Great variety of platformers
- Colorful AAA titles that I wish Sony & Microsoft would try to emulate
- I'm genuinely jealous of Miiverse
- Also jealous of the way the system keeps a time record of every title you've played like 3DS

Warewolf

The Original DS had some great titles and was genuinely one of the freshest pieces of hardware to come out of Nintendo. I missed out on a crap load of great games.

The Ouya is. . . less. . . expensive than. . . . . . . . . knee surgery?

EBE

the ps4 will probably have some games that interest me sometime down the line.
and its got an amazing controller.

The PS4 sounds stellar. Sony learned their lesson from the early PSTriple debacle and made a machine that people want instead of making the machine and trying to make people want it.

3DS
It has Ace Attorney
Yep XD

also
Xbox One
-Has some interesting first party games including Dead Rising 3 and the upcoming Quantum Break.
-I like the controller.

Wii U
-Has some interesting first party games including Super Mario 3D Land and the upcoming Zelda Wii U
-I like the controller.

The Wii U has a great line up right now and Donkey Kong TF looks absolutely great.

PS4 has a bright future ahead of it.

Xbox One is going to have CAVE software on it.

Top Bottom