• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

kunonabi

PS Vita:
Very awesome that it is region free

PS4:
controller looks like a massive improvement and I like the gamer first approach(very Dreamcast like)

XBone:
D4 looks pretty cool.

That's all I got.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 has a nice amount of games I want to play. The main reason I'm not buying one is because it's crazy expensive here.

The 3DS probably has the best handheld game lineups. Everything from good old Pokemon to Monster Hunter. It fits everything I need games wise and does not break the bank. Why don't I have one? Saving up for a PC. If not, I would have bought 2, maybe 3 by now. The special editions are so cool.

I have everything current gen except a 3ds and an Xbone so:

Xbox 1: I really like how engaged with the community they seem to be with regards to firmware updates

3ds: I think I need one. I've never even played a Pokemon game (I don't know why either) and I think the price is right for that Yoshi Edition

cripterion

Such a weird thread but I'll bite :

I really want to play Mario Kart on WiiU, looks like good ol' simple fun. And looks like there are other fun titles on the console too.

Wii U
Super Smash Bros for the Wii U looks amazing.
The ability to play games on the gamepad besides on the TV seems amazing.
A lot of games on the Wii U seems pretty fun.

Xbox One:
The ability to snap apps on the screen is quite nice.
The controller looks great to play games with, maybe as good as the 360.
Games look fun, and waiting to see what's in store for the future.

3DS is a fun handheld and all the games are interesting.

Albo

Out of systems I probably don't intend to own (though I've love to have them all)

Xbone
-Loved the 360 pad, bone one seems to be even better
-Some great exclusives so far, KI, DR3, FM5, Peggle 2 etc
-Snappy, sleek UI
-I can carry my XBL gamer profile over
-Extensive social/sharing features
-Has some exclusive apps that interest me
-I like the how microsoft have started to listen and respond to feedback of online communities

PS3
- Has amazing library of exclusives
-PS+ is great value
-Free online multiplayer
-DS3 d-pad far better than 360's
-Cheap slim model available now

Vita
- Sexy design with oled screen
-Cross buy
-PS+
-Impressive hardware
-Nice selection of indie games and exclusives

Hindl

Xbox One - They've really recovered from their unveiling debacle. They've been making a stronger case for games then Sony has recently and Sunset Overdrive looks good can't wait to see more from that. No way I'd have enough time for 3 consoles but wish I could get one. Still Xbox owners will have a great device in the future.

Vita - I think the correct scientific measurement of Vita games is a metric fuckton. There's too many games coming to it, and I really wanna pick one up. First I gotta clear my backlog and I'll be picking one up later this year

Tigress

Any Nintendo non handheld console (unfortunately I have more good to say about the company than their consoles which is why I don't own any):

I like how they support co-op still.
I like how they seem to treat their employees (like taking a paycutt rather than laying people off).
As a company they seem to come off as a good guy.

xBox One:
I actually think Kinect seemed like a good idea, it is what sold me on buying a used xbox 360 honestly. Of course that is just for dance games but I think it could have potential if developers actually used it more.
It did have slightly better launch games. I think I could have found something I found moderately fun easier than on my PS4 while I was waiting for the games I want to come out (I tend to go more for third party stuff, Fallout is really what i bought next gen for).
The controller looks nice.
Microsoft is doing a lot better job of supporting and updating xbox. They're really making Sony look bad in this regard right now imho.
I could have carried over my witcher 2 save data to the witcher 3 game if I had an xbox one (hrmph).
The developer for State of Decay is sticking with MS (that's a good win for xbox imho).

Nintendo 3DS
I liked the idea of 3D (but I know I'm odd)
Pokemon, it is a game that is worth buying a Nintendo handheld if you can find a good deal. Glad I at least have a gameboy color to play the originals on ;).
It does make it easier to carry around and be an actual handheld in that it is small (at least the original) and it closes (no open screen while in your pocket to scratch, oh, and it fits in your pocket)
Fire Emblem does make me a little jealous (least it looks really promising)

Nintendo 2DS
I honestly think it was a good idea to make a cheaper version without 3D for people who just want to buy something cheap for their kids (especially as 3d is not recommended anyways for young eyes)

Sony PSP (the only "Playstation" I haven't owned)
You can play Gran Turismo on it (*mutters at Sony whynotVita*)
I keep hearing about Crisis Core and I'd love to play that too.

Atari (Whichever one was around when I had my TI-99)
The games looked so much cooler!!!!! I was so jealous as a kid of anyone with an atari. I took my TI-99 for granted cause I did have fun with it but I always saw it as the compromised console for kids whose parents wouldn't get the Atari.

TuXx

The Xbox One's UI looks really good, the hardware looks sleek and it has more appealing games at the moment

3DS:
There's just "something" about it that makes me kinda want one.

PS4:
It's tiny, which would be convenient for me.

Wii U:
The tablet screen would be fantastic for somewhere mobile with plug sockets, like a train. Bringing a home console to a portable world.

Indiscipline

Neo Member
I owned all Sony and Nintendo consoles in generations 7 and 8, so here are my positive comments on MS' two last systems.

Xbox One

- It's awesome that MS tried something different with the Xbox One by bundling it with Kinect. I wish Sony actually would have done the same with the Eye because maybe then developers would try to use the camera in truly innovative ways instead of it just being there.

- MS really seems to have better exclusives thus far and honestly has much more compelling games for IMO. I think it will be like this for a while. I really want to play KI.

- Good call on including a headset with the console that isn't a worthless piece of crap like the one Sony included with the PS4.

- Speaking of which, MS simply didn't seem to have cut corners with the Xbox One as far as everything except raw horsepower is concerned. Xbox One is a well-built console and it looks and feels expensive and solid.

- Dat controller doe

- Dat controller doe

- Best versions of third-party games on console

- Some good exclusives. I really wanted to play Alan Wake for the longest time and eventually was able to play it on PC.

I want to get an Xbox One eventually.

Top Bottom