• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

The Vita looks like an incredibly sleek and interesting piece of technology. I've seriously considered buying one, even though I realized years ago that I never actually get around to using handhelds outside of very niche circumstances. I'm still considering a VitaTV if it ever gets released here, just to play some of the games.

The XB1 looks like it really could do some interesting things with the Kinect. There still really isn't a "killer app" for it, but hopefully some will materialize over the next few years. I think a lot of people would warm up to it as a second system if there were compelling gameplay experiences on it you legitimately couldn't find elsewhere.

Orcus

I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that people would use this thread to belittle consoles they don't like for no good reason so as to make themselves feel better for being a part of some crazed, abstract idea of a console manufacturer's "team," which doesn't really exist but for in their own heads. If you are that person, you might be a shit.

Anyways, I don't have a Vita. But I think that cross-buy and cross-play are fantastic features that should become standard practice and I think it has great indie support and an overall really interesting catalog of titles.
I assume your statement about shock is sarcasm, because I didn't expect anything else. But your right, the thinly veiled insults and backhanded compliments are immature and lame. This shit seeps into almost every thread, related or not. It's sad that it has to also occur in a thread dedicated to compliments on the good qualities of consoles you don't own.

Blues1990

Playstation 4

-The Controllers feel great, sticks are just the right distance apart, and the triggers are fairly responsive.
-Great indie support, from what has been announced.
-A lot of promising exclusives, as well as some excellent third-party support.
-PS Plus, Remote Play, along with the upcoming Playstation Now.
-The User Interface is sublime.

Xbox One

-It creates competition, and having competition in the market is a healthy market. (Really, I don't know what else to say about this system. :/ )

Drayco21

Nintendo's first party development is usually top notch, and can consistently be relied on to make bangers. They just don't appeal enough to me for the most part to get me to buy a 3DS or a Wii U.

The Xbox One has Killer Instinct, and that looks amazing- can't wait to see what happens to it during its stay in the Langzone.

Converse

Banned
I assume your statement about shock is sarcasm, because I didn't expect anything else. But your right, the thinly veiled insults and backhanded compliments are immature and lame. This shit seeps into almost every thread, related or not. It's sad that it has to also occur in a thread dedicated to compliments on the good qualities of consoles you don't own.

Yep, total sarcasm of course. What's funny is that, although it strives to be positive in nature, the very concept of the thread is an admission that we as a community spend a great deal of our time shit-talking the things we don't own. It reads like an exercise you'd do at a therapy session.

Anyways, since I don't want to derail, I also forgot to mention that the Vita -- which I don't own -- offers really great access to the PlayStation back catalog, which is neat.

Going to keep it in the current gen.

Xbox One has a great UI. I'm a fan of the Metro look. I'll eventually get one once software that tickles my fancy arrives.

I also prefer the look of the actual console over the Wii U and PlayStation 4.

chadboban

What a lovely idea for a thread.

PS4:(Hope to own one by the end of this year)
Has a great future ahead of it.
Infamous: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Falls are absolutely breathtaking games graphically.
Will likely get a lot of JRPG support

XB1:
Has a nice lineup of exclusive games so far.
Ryse is a visual stunner.
Microsoft is doing a good job with their updates for the system.

PSVita:
PS4 remote play is an awesome future.
Has a great lineup of Japanese and indie games.
Has an AMAZING screen.
Persona 4 Golden.
Has a fantastic mascot
SmokeyDave

nampad

Wii U:
-Off-TV Play is an awesome feature.

Xbox One:
-Nice lineup of games

3DS:
-Good japanese third party support.

Fbh

Vita:
- From a hardware perspective it's by far the superior handheld: Dual analog sticks, bigger screen, better resolution, multitouch and just overall better specs
- Gravity Rush is one of the most interesting new Ip's sony has released in the last few years

Xbox One:
- As a remedy fan I'm sure Quantum Break will be fantastic

WiiU:
- As far as first party games go I think it has the better lineup in both already released games (Wonderfull 101, DKC, 3D world, Wind Waker HD, etc) and announced future releases (X, Bayonetta 2, Smash)

I haven’t jumped into next (current) gen yet so I’ll say something good about each of the new consoles.

WiiU:
- Has Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World 3D and both look great

Xbox One:
- Has excellent media and TV integration

PS4:
- Great price and sleek form factor

I think E3 will help me decide if I haven’t jumped on one of these by then.

Markun

PS Vita
The Japanese and indie games it has are amazing.
It has a really nice screen.

Xbox One
There's going to be a Swery 65 game on it.

Wii U
The exclusive games for it look amazing and fun to play.
I tried the Wii U at a kiosk once and the gamepad is very comfortable for me and it's surprisingly lightweight.
Bayonetta 2

Playstation 4
The future for it seems bright.
The amount of indie support it has is amazing.
Second Son is a very pretty game.

Talax

WiiU: "X" is a default positive for this console.

Vita: JRPGs galore and yet I haven't bought it......I'm stupid.....but not for long!!
TBH I can't think of anything negative about vita. Makes me wonder why it's dying.

PS4: Future JRPGs galore so best of the current gen consoles for me.

3DS: It had Kingdom Hearts.

XB1: Never been an xbox fan but it did have killer instinct which I would love to play, given the chance.

MS has been really good with updates on the X1 and Quantum Break is going to be a game I'll hate missing out on (here's to hoping there's a PC version one day)

Astral Dog

Vita: it seems to be good hardware and i would like to play a few games on it, like MGS HD, UC,Gravity Rush,etc.

Xbox One: Microsoft is preparing a few worthwhile exclusives on the system, also Dead Rising 3 looks fun.

Jamix012

Neo Geo Pocket Color had one of the coolest exclusive line ups at the time. It just didn't have the brand name to back it, really.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
DSi XL: every pic of the thing makes it look so super nice an wantable! But since I got perfectly fine DS & Lite and prices never really came down enough on XL's I just gotta live without ever having one.

Halo 5 will look stunning and will be a system seller for Xbox One, and will most likely get me to buy the system. Can't wait to see what 343 does with it!!

Yep, total sarcasm of course. What's funny is that, although it strives to be positive in nature, the very concept of the thread is an admission that we as a community spend a great deal of our time shit-talking the things we don't own. It reads like an exercise you'd do at a therapy session.

You're actually pretty much on the money regarding the intentions of this thread. The gaming community often is very negative against "enemy" consoles, and so it's nice to see people highlight what they like about the systems they don't own. We can acknowledge that the other consoles are great in their own rights. Not unlike therapy in a lot of ways :) I'm pleased with how most people have responded in this thread, and I've found it quite interesting to read the strengths of consoles in the eyes of people who don't own them.

Anteater

Wii U - Great line up of games I'm most interested in out of the 3.
PS4 - Performance and features are inline with what I expect out of a good console and priced cheaper than I expected.
Xbox One - Has a few interesting exclusive games, I wouldn't mind messing around with kinect, the controller also looks classy.
Vita - Cross buy, great indie support, has games I'd like to play when I travel and just an all around decent portable.
3ds - Has a shit load of games.

I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that people would use this thread to belittle consoles they don't like for no good reason so as to make themselves feel better for being a part of some crazed, abstract idea of a console manufacturer's "team," which doesn't really exist but for in their own heads. If you are that person, you might be a shit.

There's a bunch of reasons why I don't have those machines in the first place.

But one thing which I woudn't mind is Xbox 360 - Vesperia and Lost Odyssey look cool and it has collection of Cave shmups I was always jelous about.

Vibranium

Banned
Xbox One: Some great exclusive games like Dead Rising 3 and such. Has a very games-focused future and Phil Spencer at the helm.

Vita: Awesome-looking JRPGs that I wish would come to the 3DS, a proper account system, PS+ and a better resolution. Also great independant support thanks to Shahid (believe his lies).

Wii U: Again, some fantastic creative and colourful games. Currently has 2 exclusive survival horror games (Zombi U and the upcoming Fatal Frame) that I'd love to play. Backwards compatible and Virtual Console.

Converse

Banned
You're actually pretty much on the money regarding the intentions of this thread. The gaming community often is very negative against "enemy" consoles, and so it's nice to see people highlight what they like about the systems they don't own. We can acknowledge that the other consoles are great in their own rights. Not unlike therapy in a lot of ways :) I'm pleased with how most people have responded in this thread, and I've found it quite interesting to read the strengths of consoles in the eyes of people who don't own them.

Good to know that was your thought process -- hope my post didn't sound dismissive of it. I'm on the same page, I think; preferences are natural, being a fan or liking something is just fine, but the impulse to rag on everyone else's preference is odd to me. As you said, "great in their own rights"; especially at this point in the industry's life, I just can't rightly say that any modern console outright sucks. Choice is everywhere, options are plentiful, and there's good stuff on everything, whether or not that stuff is your style. It's good to acknowledge that.

SmokyDave

The Xbone console design looks fucking cool. The rumble triggers intrigue me, and I dig the idea of snapping TV even if I personally wouldn't use the feature.

Not sure how much longer I'll hold out before buying one. Dead Rising 3 is calling my name.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think the XBOX 1 os/system/infrastructure looks really smooth and hi-tech. And Forza looks amazing.

Top Bottom