• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say Something Positive About A Console or Handheld You Don't Own

Tagyhag

3DS: Awesome selection of games.
PS4: Fantastic hardware for the price.
X1: The best controller ever made
Wii U: Bayonetta 2

molnizzle

Since the NES, the only mainline consoles that I didn't own were the Saturn, Dreamcast and GameCube (not counting nonsense like the 3DO and Jaguar).

So...

GameCube: Metroid Prime looked pretty rad.
Saturn: I was serious jelly of Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Dreamcast: Cool logo!

Killzone Mercenaries looks fucking awesome and I am very tempted to buy a Vita just for it.
Do it! KZ:M IS awesome.

Xbox One may eventually have a new Amped game. KI was better than expected.

3DS has some non-persona SMT games and A Link Between Worlds.

Wii U: the only reason I don't yet have a Wii U is that I don't want to have that awkward conversation with my girlfriend about getting another $300 console while aggressively paying down my debt. SM3DW looks amazing, I never played Wind Waker, and Monolith Soft's 'X' is a real draw.

Orcus

... not counting nonsense like the 3DO...
You injure my soul with that remark. :p

PS4: Infamous SS, performance advantage on multi-platform console games.

Wii U: Amazing first party titles with a lot of nostalgic value to me (If I had more available cash I would buy a Wii U, after upgrading my PC of course).

DrkSage

The vita is still going strong
Wii u is getting smash and Mario kart 8
The Xbox one is cool to watch tv on cause snap is cool
3DS has 3D without glasses

I gots me a PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS XL and a quite capable PC. WiiU is gonna get Bayonetta, and is the only current console I don't own apart from Microsoft machines.

Oh, Bayo...

3DS: It has a ton of bizarre Nintendo-only games that I know I would have a blast playing.

Vita: I already have a large (and growing) library of software for it via PS+. If I ever end up buying it, I'm pretty sure I'll never need to buy a game for it ever.

Wii U: The WiiPad is surprisingly comfy. Also Mario makes me happy.

Xbox One: Sunset Overdrive looks fun!

3DS: So pretty. So comfy. So many platformers.

Well, I currently do not own the following "modern" consoles: PS4, XBOne, and XB360.

Okay. Nice things about them.

PS4: Thanks to cross-play, I already own games for this system. It will eventually get more games that I will want eventually.

XBOne: The controller has a decent amount of buttons on it and it appears to be made from metal and plastic arranged into some sort of shape.

XB360: There are ports of Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark, and Conker's Bad Fur Day that are playable on it. Halo is a neat franchise.

Tenumi

Banned
PS Vita: I love the amount of niche Japanese games available for the system. As close to a system seller as possible for me. (I'm waiting until after E3 to purchase one, probably)

PS4: Triggers look like a massive improvement over the PS3's controllers. That alone is worth the price for one, the rest is a bonus.

Xbox One: Did not mess with what worked. I was pleasantly surprised with the controller when I used it, expecting to dislike it based on pictures. It felt just as good as the 360's great controllers.

Wii U: I love Mario and Zelda games, I'll admit that. I'm hyped for Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 despite not owning the system. I seriously want to play those games.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The 3DS XL has bigger screens and is more comfortable to game with than my OG 3DS.

The Vita has a bunch of sleek games which I would love to play on the go (Spelunky, TxS) and I like that it can play every PSone/PSP games on a good screen which makes those games look better than they ever were
Is it compatible with Neo-Geo Station and PC-Engine titles? If so, it's even more awesome

Ouya had a great multiplayer game in Towerfall!

Quite a few Android/Kindle Fire tablets have good value and can be found for cheap

PS Vita: I want to play Tearaway and Gravity Rush on you.

Xbox One: If I ever play Titan Fall, it will be the Xbox One version prolly

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The kinect seems like a worthwhile add on.

I just wish it weren't bundled in. Remove it and lower the price plz.

PS4 looks like it has a great future ahead of it and PlayStation Plus is probably the best value in games right now (besides Steam Sales).

PS3 has a lot of great looking games and I kind of regret not nabbing one.

RK128

Wii U: Really impressed with Nintendo's own tittles on the platform (with the demos of DKC:TF, Mario 3d World and Wonderful 101 showing great quality, amazing visuals and some really great ideas :)) and the concept of the GamePad itself. Also like how Nintendo made the Wii U completely compatible with Wii Hardware and Software, making the jump to the system for Wii owners very natural :).

3DS: The library sells itself; a original 3d Mario game on an handheld, an amazing revival of a classic NES game through KI: Uprising, a very well done sequel to one of the GameCube's hidden gems through Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, a real mainline 3d Pokemon game! This system is filled to the brim with quality software :). The support for GB, GameGear and original E-Shop games is also nice as well.

Xbox One: Between the solid line up of exclusives (KI is a blast to play from the demos I've played of it, Dead Rising looks awesome, Max and the Curse of Botherhood looks beautiful alongside the game having inventive mechanics, and Titanfall looks like a lot of fun to play) and the potential of the Kinect (I know its useless know :l, but I could see great things come from it in the next year or so), this system has great potential to be great in the long run.

PlayStation 4: As a continuation of the greatness that was the PS3, this system looks great in my eyes :). A better controller, PS+ IGC right out of the game (ensuring I get a library of games to play right out of the box), Exclusives looking good (Infamous looks tons of fun and Killzone looks amazing :)), 3rd party games running great on PS4, and Cross-Buy across many Indie games (I now have SWD, Flower, Fez, Flow, and a few others for PS4 even if I got them for Vita), all make the PS4 a great deal :).

The PSVita has quite a few games that I am interested in and I feel would complement my 3DS quite nicely.
Maybe I'll pick one up for my birthday or something

Converse

Banned
I am shocked, absolutely shocked, that people would use this thread to belittle consoles they don't like for no good reason so as to make themselves feel better for being a part of some crazed, abstract idea of a console manufacturer's "team," which doesn't really exist but for in their own heads. If you are that person, you might be a shit.

Anyways, I don't have a Vita. But I think that cross-buy and cross-play are fantastic features that should become standard practice and I think it has great indie support and an overall really interesting catalog of titles.

Vita
-Awesome screen
-Best controls for a handheld
-Awesome games!

I'm buying one soon, I really hope it doesn't die within the next year :(

Top Bottom