• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I can't tell if they like FANG ironically or not.

I mean, he really only exists because they committed to making Boxer and Claw legit cool, so they need someone to hold up 110% of the L's for the Shadaloo side of things. He was born to suck and fail on nonstop rotation, and the most impressive he ever gets is threatening children and faceless non-combatants.

He can't even keep his shit together to deal with Sailor Mercury.

Strimei

Man I've been looking forward to the Catherine LP so much. This should be fun. Also, dat music...man I love Meguro (bleh I confused him and Soejima for some reason hah)

I dunno if I can handle the Catherine LP if Woolie is gonna name dropping Persona every minute.

hqdefault.jpg

It's gonna be hard not to when they're in the same universe

I had to close out the video when Woolie mentions there's no competitive scene for Catherine at all and said with confidence that Catherine has never been a tournament ever. Matt even asked specifically if it was a side tourney at EVO and Woolie bluntly denies that. I can't deal with it

Speaking of which I should get practicing on Catherine if I ever go to CEO or CEOtaku.

I'm very surprised that Woolie doesn't know there totally was a Catherine side tournament at EVO, sounds like something he should know. Also I hope they both talk less during cutscenes and Woolie talks less during gameplay, even in the tutorial level I see him doing very weird moves.

kewlmyc

I'm very surprised that Woolie doesn't know there totally was a Catherine side tournament at EVO, sounds like something he should know. Also I hope they both talk less during cutscenes and Woolie talks less during gameplay, even in the tutorial level I see him doing very weird moves.

It's a LP. They have to talk at some point.

hqdefault.jpg

It's gonna be hard not to when they're in the same universe

Oh yeah, the actual non-canon cameo!
iirc everything except Theo is non-canon in P3P

I mean the Akihiko, Naoto, Yosuke name dropping. The Yosuke one was just annoying because they normally call him Yuri because that's the guy's name but now it's Yosuke to Woolie.
"Oh hey Tarturus"
"Naoto's dad"
Also the fact Woolie doesn't know of competitive Catherine is just 'how'.

I was looking forward to this LP. Hoping Matt saves it with his moral choices.

Jonami90

Neo Member
So Woolie actually thinks the Stray Sheep is located on Tatsumi Port Island? He's actually taking that cameo as canon? He actually thinks Vincent's japanese?

Oy vey, this might be rough.

Edzi

So Woolie actually thinks the Stray Sheep is located on Tatsumi Port Island? He's actually taking that cameo as canon? He actually thinks Vincent's japanese?

lol, you guys are making me not want to watch this LP.

In Googling Vincent to find out what city he's in, I found perhaps the greatest opening WIki quote of all time

"Shit! I gotta fix this fuck-up right now!"

— Vincent, determined to fix a fuck-up

I cringed really hard when a blue butterfly came up in the SFV story mode and Woolie kept yelling out "Thats Nyarlathotep! wait no its Philimon?" I missed the days when he didn't look at wiki pages for Persona and just said thats a Persona thing.

Im trying really hard to watch their LPs, but just can't. (except for maybe NieR since I like it a whole lot story and gameplaywise)

The only thing I hope for the Catherine LP is that they somehow get the " Screw both bitches I'm going to space" ending, which I believe is the correct ending.

I'm 90% sure you're joking, but it's just a playful reference. Woolie taking it seriously is dumb.

It totally makes sense if Vincent is visiting Tatsumi, and Japan as a whole, after one of the endings.

I mean the Akihiko, Naoto, Yosuke name dropping. The Yosuke one was just annoying because they normally call him Yuri because that's the guy's name but now it's Yosuke to Woolie.
"Oh hey Tarturus"
"Naoto's dad"

Woolie is definitely the weak part of this LP

Strimei

I'm constantly amazed at what Woolie is able to find for fisticuffs/scrublords. Though from the sounds of it this one is rather notorious, not just some bizarro bottom of the barrel thing no one's heard of.

Lulubop

Ehrgeiz is definitely not a bad games. These dudes were just talking out their ass about it.

Also why these dudes like throwing shots at super bunny hop?

I'm constantly amazed at what Woolie is able to find for fisticuffs/scrublords. Though from the sounds of it this one is rather notorious, not just some bizarro bottom of the barrel thing no one's heard of.

Ehrgeiz is from SquareSoft's post-FF7 "experimental" phase when they were flush with cash and pumping out everything from Einhander to Chocobo's Dungeon. It's not the best game of the bunch, but it certainly isn't the worst.

Those games actually sold relatively well since they came out at a time when a lot of people would buy anything with 'Square' on the label the way people do with Blizzard games now. There's definitely way more people who've played Ehrgeiz than most of the Scrublords faire.

Edzi

Ugh, fisticuffs is the worst and such a waste of a slot. I've essentially just stopped watching it, but every once in a while I'll click one that seems interesting only to turn it off and be reminded again why I stopped watching in the first place. It's just 40 minutes of flailing around in a game none of them have interest in, and none of them know how to play. What's the point of playing competitive games with zero of the competitiveness anyway?

RIP Brawls, you deserved better than this.

Menitta

I've never seen Ergheiz prior to this. It looks like a game that doesn't know what it wants to be, with Final Fantasy characters inserted into it.

Xux

What the fuck is Woolie talking about? Metsu Hadoken and Metsu Shoryuken absolutely use Satsui no Hado. Ryu's not using them and Shakunetsu (I assume they retconned his using it in III) is a sign of moving away from it. Denjin Hadoken uses it only enough for a power boost and is an example of his overcoming Satsui no Hado. FFS casual scrub
lol

I normally save the Demon's streams for when I feel like grinding a game or something in the background. I can't commit to 5 hour streams in one go.

BABY DEFEATED

Now we get to see whether Woolie loves the end of the Valley of Defilement enough that he ends up scrubbing away hating the entire rest of it in his memories like most Souls players.

"Oh hey Tarturus"
"Naoto's dad"

Wait, where does this game take place?

Top Bottom