• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

I think pat said they wouldn't lp it anyhere near it's launch so people'd buy it, so maybe someday.

I'm still bummed at no Yakuza 5 LP. What little was there in the New Super Best Friends videos was amazing.
It took me 60 hours to finish the game with very little side content done (1 side mission and probably 2 hours or so in the arcade playing VF2 and Taito Drum Master), while I would love to watch an LP of it holy shit would it be long.

The game is significantly longer than every other game in the series. You can finish either of the first two in less than a third of the time.

Matt screaming "When's Melee, turn this shit off" right at the beginning of the Revelator FNF is too perfect.

Getting excited for EVO. Don't go 0-2 unless you're on stream Woolie.

There's no one notable in his pools (certainly not Daigo notable), but I think I heard that if he makes it out of pools he might be playing against Floe.

Moonlight

Banned
I mean, technically there are hints that suggest they live on
a space station
, but yeah, as far as I know every single person in the game has an English name and most of the cast have English surnames as well.

a space station
, but yeah, as far as I know every single person in the game has an English name and most of the cast have English surnames as well.

watchu talkin bout, Im sure there are thousands of native japanese men that are named Orlando

mike0dude

Catherine takes place in an Alternate Universe where the the US took total control of japan following WWII.
and gave the population White Slave Names.

Matsukaze

Soooo rape horse got animated. Poorly.
This was the BEST they could do. For those who didn't see it, let this sink in.

gsafNPF.png

They could have just avoided rape horse altogether and focused their time and money elsewhere, but they insisted and this is what we get. Fuck this new series.

a space station

Actual Catherine spoilers:
There are more than hints, one of the endings has Vincent just straight up joining the space transportation thing he has posters of everywhere.

Edzi

Guys, I don't think Catherine takes place in the states, but it's definitely some kind of fictional western themed location (aka, definitely not Japan).

Is the LP really as obnoxious as some of you are making it sound? Sounds like Woolie might be ruining it, so I'm apprehensive about starting it since I like Catherine so much.

Frimaire

Guys, I don't think Catherine takes place in the states, but it's definitely some kind of fictional western themed location (aka, definitely not Japan).

Is the LP really as obnoxious as some of you are making it sound? Sounds like Woolie might be ruining it, so I'm apprehensive about starting it since I like Catherine so much.

I'm enjoying it so far, at least.
Never played Catherine, though.

Wouldn't say obnoxious, it's only a few comments from woolie thinking it takes place in japan and characters acting japanese because that's where they are, not because it's a japanese-made game. Though I would like there to be a bit more discussion about the choices presented because they seem to move on after matt makes his choice

Strimei

They could have just avoided rape horse altogether and focused their time and money elsewhere, but they insisted and this is what we get. Fuck this new series.

Oh god, my sides.

Someday we'll get the Berserk anime we actually deserve. This year is not that year.

I think Catherine is supposed to be actually in the states, but never actually did location research since it was a miniproject/prototype for the ATLUS engine and just used places in Japan as the base, but the location is ambiguous enough for either or.

Christ, that game is rough, although it has some female character designs that would be perfectly at home in ecchi anime and might actually be improvements.

Wait what? Isn't the anime on like episode 2? How are they at rape horse already?

Also he looks like a 3D model from a Dreamcast game, he deserved better.

Meffer

No it's fine and I'm enjoying it.

lome88

No, it's just fine. I'll admit I get a little cringey when Woolie is talking while doing the puzzles. Some of the later ones are going to need some real concentration and he just can't handle it while trying to keep the banter up with Matt. Doesn't make it obnoxious, I just worry for the later episodes is all. The Matt/Woolie combo is one of my favs, personally.
Catherine was one of my favorite experiences from last gen. It's got that Atlus charm to it, but the puzzles are what really make it. I still boot it up just to play that rapunzel minigame every once in awhile. It's really addicting stuff.

Squishy3

Woolie mentioned that he and Pat have to get to Lucky Land at some point. That was pretty much all the confirmation I needed.

I'm playing through the game now and am enjoying every minute of it.
That could also just mean they show up at Araki's studio and look like weirdos

Idk if I like the idea of an Eyes of Heaven playthrough if only because Woolie is the only one who knows everything.

I know Pat's privy to some stuff but Eyes of Heaven literally lays it all out there in vivid detail with plenty of context

I remember seeing a SF1 machine out in the wild years ago. It was at the MGM Grand in Vegas. Its been a while since then, but I think it had the weird force sensitive buttons. If I recall correctly, they also had New Generation. Last time I was there, they got rid of the rather large arcade that it was in, and relocated the arcade to a much smaller space at the other end of the hotel. The New Generation cabinet made the transition, but I don't believe the SF1 machine did. No clue if the smaller arcade is still there though, since last time I was there, the arcades in Vegas were getting sort of killed off.

That could also just mean they show up at Araki's studio and look like weirdos

Idk if I like the idea of an Eyes of Heaven playthrough if only because Woolie is the only one who knows everything.

I know Pat's privy to some stuff but Eyes of Heaven literally lays it all out there in vivid detail with plenty of context

And there's the added bonus of people watching that are only familiar with the anime who are going to get spoiled on the conclusion to Part 4.

But with how the Best Friends are with spoilers, Pat had all this time to catch up on the manga so he's got no one to blame but himself if he gets hyped over manga revelations in-game and then doesn't want to read up to those moments.

Siegcram

And there's the added bonus of people watching that are only familiar with the anime who are going to get spoiled on the conclusion to Part 4.

But with how the Best Friends are with spoilers, Pat had all this time to catch up on the manga so he's got no one to blame but himself if he gets hyped over manga revelations in-game and then doesn't want to read up to those moments.
I thought Pat had read DiU.

zeemumu

You know, I'm reading through Dracula right now and I'm starting to realize that JoJo part 3 has the same plot as this. 5 guys, one very knowledgeable on the enemy they're facing, attempting to track down the hiding place of a vampire and kill him before he causes a loved one to die.

Top Bottom