• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE confirms three-hour press conference for GamesCom

spwolf

yurinka said:
In 3 hours, I think it:

-PS3 Slim
-Price cut
-New wand design (let's hope it's a splittable DS3 with smaller color balls), announcement of games supporting it
-Firmware 3.0 includes Real 3D tech showed in CES and new PSN Store, clock fix and tweaked UI
-New PSN store for PSP/PS3/other Sony gadgets featuring worldwide movies, music new platforms oficially emulated in PSP/PS3, and for PSP featuring Apps & small games.
-Playable games with Real 3D tech + wand
-BC is back
-GT5 launch in 2009
-PSN Cards in Europe
-Videos of Agent, FFXIV
-Playable announced games like FFXIII, GOW3, Uncharted 2, EyePet, MAG, etc
-A lot of PS1 games for PSP Go launch
-Announcements of Wipeout PS3, Super Stardust HD 2, GOW PSP2, Killzone Liberation 2, Heavenly Sword 2 or Twisted Metal PS3

isnt conference in 10 days from now?

KAL2006

Banned
yurinka said:
In 3 hours, I think it:

-PS3 Slim
-Price cut
-New wand design (let's hope it's a splittable DS3 with smaller color balls), announcement of games supporting it
-Firmware 3.0 includes Real 3D tech showed in CES and new PSN Store, clock fix and tweaked UI
-New PSN store for PSP/PS3/other Sony gadgets featuring worldwide movies, music new platforms oficially emulated in PSP/PS3, and for PSP featuring Apps & small games.
-BC is back
-GT5 launch in 2009
-PSN Cards in Europe
-Videos of Agent, FFXIV
-Announcements of Wipeout PS3, Super Stardust HD 2, GOW PSP2, Killzone Liberation 2, Heavenly Sword 2 or Twisted Metal PS3

Im sorry to say this, but yor are setting your self up for a let down

Cesar

Banned
Kingsgoon said:
Seems like we can expect Housemarques new game at the press conference.
(Makers of Super Stardust HD)

"We are currently concentrating on new game projects and I am happy to say that we will be announcing something
at gamescom in Cologne," revealed Kuittinen. "All I can say right now is that it is a PS3 PSN exclusive title we have
been working on quite a while now, and yes... shooting is an integral part of the game..."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-retrospective-super-stardust-hd-article?page=3

Awesome, SSHD was a great PSN game. Looking forward to what they have created next.

spwolf said:
really? why is that?

When you make definitive statements like that, it is good to check company's previous history of announcing their products. For instance, see when was GT5:p announced.

Did you check? So what now?

Releasing a demo/prologue of a game, is very different from launching one of the most selling IP's Sony has. Sony just can't say "alright, it's out in two months", there would be little to no time to gear up the hype machine, and start a real marketing campaign for it.

If they talk about GT5, they will talk about it as a 2010 title.

four-two

Banned
yurinka said:
In 3 hours, I think it:

-PS3 Slim
-Price cut
-BC is back
-GT5 launch in 2009
-PSN Cards in Europe
-Videos of Agent, FFXIV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nacGagGd8I

Vinterbird said:
Releasing a demo/prologue of a game, is very different from launching one of the most selling IP's Sony has. Sony just can't say "alright, it's out in two months", there would be little to no time to gear up the hype machine, and start a real marketing campaign for it.

Most of the rumors for it are pointing toward December. So if they announced that at gamescom then they'd have plenty of time to hype it.

spwolf

Vinterbird said:

not really, and GT5P has sold almost 4 million to date to prove it.
We also have pretty solid info from reliable gtplanet that it will be out this year.

SolidSnakex said:
Most of the rumors for it are pointing toward December. So if they announced that at gamescom then they'd have plenty of time to hype it.

Still, thats rumors. I would love to be proven wrong, but I honestly don't believe we will see it this year. It seems so insanely late to start talking about the game as a 09 title, when E3 was the perfect place to announce it as coming this year.

As someone who skipped ps2 era for various reasons, B/C is a major attraction to get a ps3 slim. I would love to play MGS2, MGS3, SOTC fixed with proper framerate, ICO, an a few others.

Beowulf28

SolidSnakex said:
Why would they announce it in August then release it in December their sales will suffer in between.

Paracelsus

Vinterbird said:
Still, thats rumors. I would love to be proven wrong, but I honestly don't believe we will see it this year. It seems so insanely late to start talking about the game as a 09 title, when E3 was the perfect place to announce it as coming this year.

Don't you usually hype a game in the market where you hope to sell the most? Hyping GT5 in the US is like hyping Halo in Japan.

Well, probably not but you get the idea. Still, Europe seems the best place to announce a 09 release date.

Shiggy

SolidSnakex said:
No GT5 means insta-fail for this conference.

Since it's currently planned for the second week of December, GT5 will be shown at the conference (unless a sudden delay happens).

onken

yurinka said:
In 3 hours, I think it:

-PS3 Slim
-Price cut
-BC is back
-GT5 launch in 2009
-PSN Cards in Europe
-Videos of Agent, FFXIV

You forgot price drop to $99 and Halo 4 PS3 exclusive

CaVaYeRo

Galvanise_ said:
Well, announcing things the day before Gamescom allows the public entering to have the most time with the things they might announce at the conference. If they had it at the same time on the Wednesday, convention goers could potentially miss a day of whatever they announce, because they wouldn't have it on the floor till they announce it.
Gamescom will be much bigger (public entry wise) than E3 has ever been.

but first public day is Thursday. Wednesday is closed doors for press and companies, AFAIK. Same as in old Leipzig GC.

Vinterbird said:

I'm one of the people that doesn't think it'll make it this year. But if it is announced at gamescom with a December date, that would give them plenty of time to get the word out. Flood the media with info and start running commercials mentioning that it'd be out in December and they'd be good to go.

-viper-

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
No GT5 means insta-fail for this conference.
I agree. There HAS to be GT5 media blowout. I don't really care for media for any other games on the list, since I've seen enough of GOW3/Uncharted 2/Ratchet etc.

Niks

-viper- said:
I agree. There HAS to be GT5 media blowout. I don't really care for media for any other games on the list, since I've seen enough of GOW3/Uncharted 2/Ratchet etc.

Hmm..Im betting on GamesCom giving us a new trailer and a December 09 release date... I expect the full blowout at TGS though...

RainbowByte

Neo Member
El-Suave said:
Three hours might end up being a bit on the short side:
TRANSLATOR-GUY_1140397d.jpg

I think he's going to need more paper this time :lol

I was disappointed by the lack of PSN emphasis at the E3 conference, so hopefully Gamescom can make up for that. I'm really liking the direction that Sony is taking the PSN, especially with the downloadable titles.

Wollan

Housemarque is revealing their new PSN exclusive game @ cologne (with shooting aspects).
That's the guys who made Super Stardust HD.

Wollan said:
Housemarque is revealing their new PSN exclusive game @ cologne (with shooting aspects).
That's the guys who made Super Stardust HD.

Which might be the game I heard about, since the title mentioned to me wasn't one I had heard before.

Vinterbird said:
Which might be the game I heard about, since the title mentioned to me wasn't one I had heard before.

Do you know if one of the Game Republic games is a PSN title? Ideally, I'd like 4 or 5 PSN titles revealed. :D

Xenomorph

Banned
I'm predicting hardware megaton at this conference. Several Slim SKUs and another PSP GO that retails for $200 which includes a current PSP price drop. It's like Sony hardware markdown Christmas over here and it will be sweet. Couple that with some more footage of already awesome games (GOWIII, Uncharted 2) this will make for a kick ass conference.

Vinterbird said:
I don't know if I can talk about this in great detail. But Game Republic (makers of Genji and Folklore), will announce two entirely new games at GamesCom.

As for what PR is telling me, there might be some new Sony game (new IP from what I'm getting) there also. But it hasn't been entirely confirmed.

Wow, hopefully its in vein with Folklore .. or better yet; Folklore 2. But I know Im setting myself up for disappointment with that one.

Anyway, this has gamescom way more exciting.

RavenFox

Banned
Vinterbird said:
GTPLANET has said it and this is fucking Grand Turismo. The god of racing. You can hype it a week before launch and it will sell in the millions. Show some respect.:D

Galvanise_ said:
Do you know if one of the Game Republic games is a PSN title? Ideally, I'd like 4 or 5 PSN titles revealed. :D

I only know that there will be two unannounced titles, interview time with the devs and nothing more. No platforms or anything has been mentioned in the bookings I recieved for the presentation.

Blackbird| said:
Nintendo or microsoft have a conference too ?

Nintendo is not attending the show, and Microsoft won't have a conference so to say, but Lionhead will be there talking about some stuff that may or may not be entirely new.

I only got a PS3 last week and am playing through Folklore at the moment. It was a big surprise to me how good it is and how much fun I'm having, never really see people talking about it on here. Anyway, I hope the games they announce are as good.

Heavy Rain release date confirmed?! Maybe we will finally see the fabled BBC journo game. Definitely not a Slim PS3 or price drop:lol .

noah111

Still Alive
Terrordactyl said:
Heavy Rain release date confirmed?! Maybe we will finally see the fabled BBC journo game. Definitely not a Slim PS3 or price drop.
And how do you know that? :lol

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Terrordactyl said:
Heavy Rain release date confirmed?! Maybe we will finally see the fabled BBC journo game. Definitely not a Slim PS3 or price drop.

Heavy Rain is sometime next year, that is all we know. Darren Watters (BBC journalist) was talking about The Last Guardian.

Sentry said:
And how do you know that? :lol

I edited to reflect my sarcasm :D . I would really hope that both of these announcements are made. For one as a Sony fan, I'd like to see them have a more desirable produce to the mass market consumer, secondly I want a slim as a tech junkie and a price drop will hurt my finances a little less. This really would be the time to do it though, it really won't change much though imo. There won't be a high price tag excuse in flame wars anymore is all.

Saiyar said:
Heavy Rain is sometime next year, that is all we know. Darren Watters (BBC journalist) was talking about The Last Guardian.

Is that confirmed about TLG? I must have been out to lunch for that one. I know heavy rain is next year I kinda hope it comes out really early next year, its got a lot of competition next year. It will still my on the top of my list regardless.

Xenomorph

Banned
If we see some slim bundles, what do you fellow Gaffers think the bundles will be?

I'm thinking a Uncharted 2 bundle later on for sure, but for current bundles I think they'll just go with what's popular and bundle MGS4, KZ2, Uncharted, Littlebigplanet, or any other popular exclusive.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
-viper- said:
This. Fucking THIS.

I want to see DAMAGE. I want to see tracks. That is all.

GIMME, PD!

Meadows

Banned
IMO we'll see much more on Heavy Rain, GoW III, Uncharted 2, PS3 Slim, new Fat PS3 bundle and (hopefully) something a little more substantive about Agent.

noah111

Still Alive
Terrordactyl said:
Is that confirmed about TLG? I must have been out to lunch for that one. I know heavy rain is next year I kinda hope it comes out really early next year, its got a lot of competition next year. It will still my on the top of my list regardless.
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed, however there is definitely a few 'secret PS3 games' that no one has a clue about that look amazing, funny how people sort of assume everything they have seen or know about all there is.

Xenomorph said:
If we see some slim bundles, what do you fellow Gaffers think the bundles will be?

I'm thinking a Uncharted 2 bundle later on for sure, but for current bundles I think they'll just go with what's popular and bundle MGS4, KZ2, Uncharted, Littlebigplanet, or any other popular exclusive.

I would think they would want to shift more KZ2, but if we're talking later down the line I think GT5 would be a prime choice. I feel they still have yet to properly market littlebigplanet to 90 percent of the Wii's audience, if they did it right that would be a good candidate as well.

Top Bottom