• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Putty

Shahid is doing a great job securing a lot of the big indie titles and developers. He's also very friendly and quite open about things.

May 15, Silverstone circuit.
Kazunori Yamauchi announces :" here's gran turismo 6...exclusive for the psvita!!You rike it,no?:) " and then he gets stabbed to death.

SmokyDave

Shahid bringing the goodies once again. I want a poster of this guy for my bedroom wall.

Minecraft does seem like a possibility.

ReaperXL7

For some reason I want to say "Fez"...

But I guess Minecraft isn't impossible.

Fez has been all but confirmed at this point, so he wouldent really need to be as cryptic about it.

Starbound

Im sure some would bag on it, but this would be huge for me, Id really love to play it.

Then why aren't more people here excited by the Ouya?

I have not been following it that much honestly, but the list of games I saw for the Ouya it did not seem many of the major indie games were coming, atleast not yet, most of them appear to be of the lower tier phone game level. You seem to hate them, but there are some really great games made, and coming from indie devs.

Someone earlier in the said they hoped it wasn't Monster Hunter.

Think tactically. Even if you don't like Monster Hunter (As I don't personally), it would be big for the handheld...and ultimately any Vita user in the long run. The more Vita units that fly off the shelf, the more attention the platform gets.

Into

Borderlands 2 and Minecraft seem to fit the bill

Or Gran Turismo 6 port

Those fit the bill of "big titles" that take hours upon hours to play

SmokyDave

Someone earlier in the said they hoped it wasn't Monster Hunter.

Think tactically. Even if you don't like Monster Hunter (As I don't personally), it would be big for the handheld...and ultimately any Vita user in the long run. The more Vita units that fly off the shelf, the more attention the platform gets.
I don't like Monster Hunter.

I wish it was Monster Hunter.

It isn't going to be Monster Hunter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't doubt Minecraft is coming, but I don't think this is it.

From what he said, it must be a port. So does that cross out Rayman Legends?

I hope it's a JRPG though. :p

lexi

Banned
People are reading too much into the actual tweet, as if 'hooked' and 'hours' are hints.

We know it's a big game, we know Shahid is an indie guy, we know Microsoft's exclusivity window on Minecraft is ending / has ended, therefore logically it's Minecraft.

Considering the impending announcement of Gran Turismo 6....

I'm willing to put money on a Gran Turismo 6 port or a Vita spinoff.

Skyzard

Banned
WYuE8Jr.png

This timing is too coincidental for this not to have been a 1-year exclusivity contract.

Minecraft no doubt. What else is there to do but get sucked in. Oh shit. Terraria + Minecraft portable, prepare for failure.

Since it is likely indie "AMAZING, big, hooked for hours" just sounds like minecraft.

Also was the P game an indie? Otherwise, please be portal :p

GT sounds like a no-brainer.

First, consider that on PSP, GT was one of the best selling games behind Monster Hunter, and possibly the GTA games.

Second, since the developers can just cut a few corners - pun intended - and cut the frame-rate from 60fps to 30 to make it run on the Vita, it will be easy to port.

Third, looking at Real Racing on iOS, racing games on portables tend to sell well.

nofi

I have played GT for Hours, I have played many RPGs for Hours, I have played many games for Hours. The statement does not automatically mean that you will only play it for a few hours.

It kinda does. Or he'd say days, or weeks.

Think indie.

DiscoJer

I have not been following it that much honestly, but the list of games I saw for the Ouya it did not seem many of the major indie games were coming, atleast not yet, most of them appear to be of the lower tier phone game level. You seem to hate them, but there are some really great games made, and coming from indie devs.

I like indie games, otherwise I wouldn't have bought an Ouya. What I don't like is the hypocrisy that seems to exist, where some games seemed to be deemed as "major", and others are dismissed as "phone games", not on their actual merits, but basically just on what is hip and cool and what isn't, and what is hyped by the press and what is ignored.

ReaperXL7

People are reading too much into the actual tweet, as if 'hooked' and 'hours' are hints.

We know it's a big game, we know Shahid is an indie guy, we know Microsoft's exclusivity window on Minecraft is ending / has ended, therefore logically it's Minecraft.

He deals with allot of indies because thats a big thing for Sony as awhole right now, but hes said himself a few times that he does not only deal with indies.

I would not be surprised if this was the same game him and Antony Clark got the Email about, because he did not say that he signed this game, where as he will usually say so when he does.

Skyzard

Banned
He deals with allot of indies because thats a big thing for Sony as awhole right now, but hes said himself a few times that he does not only deal with indies.

I would not be surprised if this was the same game him and Antony Clark got the Email about.

Shit, in that case, he got us GTA BOYS!!

still, the possibilities hah

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Torchlight? Bastion?

I hope it's Recettear though.

Skyzard

Banned
Lol please dont set yourself up for disappointment. I think the logical conclusions right now would be GT, or Minecraft. Have to wait and see though.

Hehe don't worry, I'm not that optimistic. Even GT sounds too good at this point but who knows. Minecraft sounds about right :)

Ugh,gonna be a garbage game...probably Minecraft.

Build your own world while sitting in bed, chilling. Make castles and homes and towns. It's awesome, and I just like putting basic blocks down :p Not easy enough with a phone.

Top Bottom